Retired # 2: Tom Bellchambers - Knocks Cam Mooney the **** out - 24/5

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing is that their tallest defender is 195 cm, who hasn't played key defence at AFL level before, a 193 cm 3rd tall who can do a job in a pinch, and either a 190 cm debutant or another 193 cm third tall.

Fact is one of Logue or Duman/Watson will have to play on either McKernan or Bellchambers, giving between 3 to 12 cm away and between 7 and 25 kg's (Although Logue is 1 kg heavier than Smack, the other two are 17 kg's lighter than him).
The other thing is TBC doesn't always seem to use his size and strength to his advantage. If he can it would be a good advantage.

I haven't seen any of us play so far, is it possible this is the way we might set up or is it too far removed from what rutten-cara are doing with the side?

The other thing is TBC doesn't always seem to use his size and strength to his advantage. If he can it would be a good advantage.

I haven't seen any of us play so far, is it possible this is the way we might set up or is it too far removed from what rutten-cara are doing with the side?
Putting Belcho in an “outmuscle” forward role does not seem to align with the new game plan which to the naked eye consists of intense tackling pressure, maintaining momentum through forward handball and picking a specific moving target inside the F50. However - you do pick a side to win each game. Maybe Bellcho can be a useful target. Phillips goes ok at the clunk.

I have been his biggest defender, but he's cooked. If only we brought in Campbell instead of Zach Clarke two years ago...

I would love to get a hold of his GPS data. I've spoken about this a couple of times, but it just feels like there's games where there's a very deliberate strategy of having Bellchambers just....be nowhere near the ball after the ruck contest. which is insanely stupid but this type of game from TBC has happened a few times over the past few years. tonight was just noticeably bad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was beating Pittonet in the ruck until the last.

That said, the fact that he offers literally zero outside of tapwork means I want him gone. Would rather an around the ground presence.

TBell could have both his hands cut off and we would still prefer to play him ahead of Draper.

In terms of hitouts he has been great which is a main thing to have as a ruck but the modern game is going toward rucks who are mobile and can act like another midfielder, luckily we have Draper waiting in the wings who fits the bill and Dodoro identified Bryan who tested elite for speed and got 20+ disposals in last years junior grand final.

He was beating Pittonet in the ruck until the last.

That said, the fact that he offers literally zero outside of tapwork means I want him gone. Would rather an around the ground presence.
By what metric was he beating him?

By what metric was he beating him?
Without looking at the stats I’d say he definitely had more hitouts.

I didn’t say he was beating him full stop, just that he beat him in the ruck...

He was 100% cooked at the end of 2017.

Its incompetence of the highest order that he’s still playing.

It's actually not. It's almost genius misdirection.

We have a reactive dogshit midfield that can't win a clearance unless he puts the ball down someone's throat.

He is good enough in the hit outs to make a difference so we carry him getting torched by a third gamer who is, in all likelihood, a plodder because it makes it look like Stringer is our midfield saviour.

Last edited:
In the after game press conference, why don’t any of them ask a question like ‘what did you think of Bellchambers’ game tonight?’

I’d imagine Woosh’s response would have been ‘we’re just trying to play the way we want too, and get better.’

In the after game press conference, why don’t any of them ask a question like ‘what did you think of Bellchambers’ game tonight?’

I’d imagine Woosh’s response would have been ‘we’re just trying to play the way we want too, and get better.’

It's the AFL. A 'hard' question has literally never been asked in the history of press conferences.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back