Delisted #28: Mitch Brown - Retired - 20/9/22

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s “hope” it is going to change. Absolutely no guarantees it will.

As already mentioned, internal people think we’re in our window, it’s complete fantasy.

It will change, no doubt about it, how good we can implement it is the query.

I have no issues with the club believing they can contend, we aren't as far as you think IMO, sure a bit needs to go right but it certainly isn't impossible.

Another fine role player we wasted game time on is gone.
Which player did he stop from developing ?
Oh and he was not really a role player. He was a back up tall so he played. Maybe we should have played Gown :rolleyes:

Not really happy about the decision but yeah I could see it.

Hartley is younger, can play Forward/Back/Ruck. Brown was a good solid servant for efc

Which player did he stop from developing ?
Oh and he was not really a role player. He was a back up tall so he played. Maybe we should have played Gown :rolleyes:

Begley, Laverde (who could have been played other than out of the goal square), Stewart last year. Play Hooker forward and play other defenders.

Doyou really want to make the argument that he was a key forward and that it was only a key forward who could have played in his place?

Ham was probably the genuine like for like replacement based on playing style.

It's funny that even now that his delisting proves my point, how else do you explain it, I'm still wrong.

Or are we now in the business of delisting good players?

How else do we end up with a list in a completely state of flux, as it is in now, if it hasn't been because we've stuffed around with Dea, Brown, Green, Baguley and Kelly who have been hand breaks on the development of our squad?

You'll say the fringe is not the issue. My response is that it's the 100 games we didnt put into the like of Ridley, Laverde, Begley and co that is.

All so we could sneak into the finals to embarrass ourselves playing a high end brand of 2016.

Last edited:
Begley, Laverde (who could have been played other than out of the goal square), Stewart last year. Play Hooker forward and play other defenders.

Doyou really want to make the argument that he was a key forward and that it was only a key forward who could have played in his place?

It's funny that even now that his delisting proves my point, how else do you explain it, I'm still wrong.

How else do we end up with a list in a completely state of flux, as it is in now, if it hasn't been because we've stuffed around with Dea, Brown, Green, Baguley and Kelly who have been hand breaks on the development of our squad?

You'll say the fringe is not the issue. My response is that it's the 100 games we didnt put into the like of Ridley, Laverde, Begley and co that is.

All so we could sneak into the finals to embarrass ourselves playing a high end brand of 2016.
If you’d prefer Begley and Laverde on the list to Brown then you got your wish.

I don’t rate Begley at all and Laverde can’t kick well enough to be a forward and doesn’t have any tricks to play midfield.

Begley and Laverde have consistently been picked as soon as they where even half fit to play and in Begley case in poor form.
Brown has never kept them out of the side. And neither could run out a quarter let alone play out of the square and lead up. Begley could not get out of his own way and his form in the VFL finals was piss poor to be blunt. As I said both where picked in the senior side as soon as they where ready.
To say they could have done anything more is just rubbish.

Ridley was not kept out by Brown either as playing Hooker forward would not have found him a spot. Redman and Gleeson kept Ridley out of the side. He is not a KP player. He is a flanker. He will come into the side next year as a flanker.
Another seriously poor argument
As for Stewart last year he lost his spot to patchy form and continued to have the same patchy form in the VFL. Having missed all of this year he is irrelevant to Brown getting a game.

No ones development has been stuffed around with. We have played heaps of young blokes and they have been picked.

I never said Brown was good. I did not agree with you about him being a squib but Brown was a back up. At various stages all our key forwards had injury issues so despite not being a genuine KP he got games. To say he cost anyone anything is total horse s**t.

Once again a song and dance about a bloke who played 50 games in 4 seasons to cover various injuries. You seem to think we are in the buiness of delisting good players given your song and dance about Mynott.
Must have been a s**t year wanting us to lose every week.

Hartley is a pretty good defender, he's just had to contend with two AA KPDs.
I guess they have something planned for that spot in the forward line.

Hartley is behind Hurley, Hooker, Francis and Zerk Thatcher and i doubt he will play forward - A bewildering decision.

Hartley is behind Hurley, Hooker, Francis and Zerk Thatcher and i doubt he will play forward - A bewildering decision.

Must have missed the end of the VFL season where he played forward and ruck ;)
If they decide they need Hooker forward if something goes wrong he is a better KP defender. And he is two years younger than Brown. Not really bewildering at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So not taken, just enquiries 😡
Sorry, didn’t mean to sell it as gospel.

I would find it a little amusing. Not AS amusing as North offloading club greats Harvey and Petrie a few years back due to age and then giving a 33 year old Waite another couple of years. Please note this has nothing to do with this thread or Essendon but it is funny! Just trying to turn your frown upside down.

Sorry, didn’t mean to sell it as gospel.

I would find it a little amusing. Not AS amusing as North offloading club greats Harvey and Petrie a few years back due to age and then giving a 33 year old Waite another couple of years. Please note this has nothing to do with this thread or Essendon but it is funny! Just trying to turn your frown upside down.
frown worsfold 2 flip.jpg

So what you are saying is he is a VFL back up :laughing:
He plays both ends. Relatively good set shot, not overly contested.

He plays both ends. Relatively good set shot, not overly contested.
Sorry , I was implying that if he was a VFL version of Brown then he would be a VFL back up as Brown was an AFL back up.:cool:
Being a good set shot would be an improvement for us.

Sorry , I was implying that if he was a VFL version of Brown then he would be a VFL back up as Brown was an AFL back up.:cool:
Being a good set shot would be an improvement for us.
Gown's pretty accurate from what I've seen. If we're going the delisted key forward route I'd sooner go to Kerr honestly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back