2020 AFL fixture released

Remove this Banner Ad

I make a post that backs up those who don't think the Eagles fixture is unfair and then you come in with irrelevant stuff in an effort to start a shitfight.

Well done.
I have yet to figure out how a geelong guy is saying W.C have the biggest advantage at home. Cracks me up! GMhlap or whatever has the biggest advantage of ANY ground.

I make a post that backs up those who don't think the Eagles fixture is unfair and then you come in with irrelevant stuff in an effort to start a shitfight.

Well done.

This thread is basically loopy now, I wouldn't waste your breathe (I'm done, I post with enough haters of math and logic in the Trump and Brexit threads :p)

Typical response from a VFL supporter who has a platter in front of them.

Arrogance and disregard for a fair competition.

Your club won a flag as recently as .....4 weeks ago...you should be travelling all over the countryside and getting double ups against the top 4 not west coast.
We finished 6th.
you really are a battler
did you complain about not playing us twice this year?
nup
the double ups come against your group of 6 on the ladder, not 4.
i know you can count to 6, it's 7 you struggle with.
6 not 4 ....and not because wc shat the bed IN PERTH in rd23 and stuffed their chances and their fans are salty as hell about it

What you don’t realise is that not every Victorian club has the same arrangement. Carlton and Essendon have probably the worst arrangement in the AFL. Both don’t have a true home ground splitting between Marvel and the MCG. The likes of Richmond and Collingwood play double the MCG games than we do. We still exclusively play them there.

The Marvel tenants also play a significant amount more there than us.

So our neutral games aren’t really that neutral.
We also have to travel 6 times every year compared to the likes of Collingwood and Hawthorn because the AFL wants us to play all of the strongest interstate teams away for crowds.

Including us with Collingwood is ridiculous.

I agree. Marvel tenants have it rough.

No coincidence that Essendon and Carlton are not what they once were since marvel opened.

But that is a deal you entered in to with the AFL *shrug*

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

AFL still do not take advantage of public holidays in other states.

eg WA foundation day holiday monday 1 june

Anzac day holiday in WA monday 27th april

Qld labour day holiday monday 4th may

in all these cases they could have played prime time sunday night footy with local fans having the day off the day after.

6 away games outside Victoria

St.Kilda 11 times
Geelong 8
Carlton, Essendon, Richmond 6
North Melbourne 4
Hawthorn, Melbourne, Bulldogs 2
Collingwood 0

If the AFL really wants Hawthorn to stop playing in Tasmania, not treating their home games as 'away' games would be the quickest way to get them to quit. Such crap.

AFL still do not take advantage of public holidays in other states.

eg WA foundation day holiday monday 1 june

Anzac day holiday in WA monday 27th april

Qld labour day holiday monday 4th may

in all these cases they could have played prime time sunday night footy with local fans having the day off the day after.
I don't think they want to start matches after 8pm on the east coast where a huge majority of the country lives. the Fremantle v Geelong match is a 7:40 start, but that's only 5:40 local time.

As for the other occasions - Maybe they're worried about people working on the public holidays or people going on Holidays?

Nice deflection.

As I said hopefully the Tigers play decent opposition if they make another GF. Playing Crows and GWS was like winning Power Ball and that was on top of the soft draw handed to them by AFL Victoria House.

We had to beat Geelong in a final to get there. Which was more than your team could manage.

Well then neither should we be

Careful what you ask for. Wanted to host big well supported vic clubs, want more games at the mcg. Demons and Hawks sell low drawing games making it unlikely they will host you leaving only... Collingwood and Richmond.

Can’t believe your scared of playing us twice especially as your board is convinced you would of smashed us if you played us in the GF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fascinated by those who think Collingwood don’t play in Tassie because the AFL just decided they want to favour us. We don’t play in Tassie because the reason those games exist is because it is more profitable for Hawthorn (and now North) to move lower drawing, lower revenue games to Launceston and Hobart, where they are underwritten.

Hawthorn averages over 61k for home games against Collingwood since 2000 (63k at the MCG). This is their highest home average, and only Geelong (with public holiday home games every two years) gets within 10k of this. There's only been 1 Hawthorn home MCG game against the Pies to dip below 50k, and that was 49.9k.

Give or take Easter Monday, it's the biggest banker that Hawthorn has and they don't want it moved to where they make basically the same money playing Gold Coast. We've made ourselves valuable to Hawthorn (and North and Melbourne and everyone else who sells games) by providing the crowds, the money and the exposure on a consistent basis.

For context, when Richmond played their one Launceston game, the previous two years they'd only got 33k and 27k for Hawthorn home games at the G. They won't be sending Richmond back there in a hurry now that they are getting 50k and 60k crowds at Hawks home games in Melbourne, nor will they send Geelong or Essendon.

How is 17-5 fair?

You play 17 games, finish 6th then play the top 5 teams above you? Meanwhile 7th plays the 5 teams below them ans jumps you on the ladder...

If there are N teams in a comp, fair is to play 2(N-1) games for a full H+A fixture. Otherwise its not fair and the status quo is just as compromised.

Either we play a 34 game season with 18 teams, or we increase/decrease the number of teams so that the current 22 game season remains (12 teams or 24 split into 2 divs)
34 will never happen even though it's my endgame. The fixture is always going to be compromised without home + away against every other team. Would have to go 11 weeks longer and I don't see where you fit that in. Would have to play midweek matches and this isn't Europe or the USA where the fans will still sell out grounds in those timeslots.

Sorry but we have crossed wires. I am talking about the 2020 draw................and the unfairness of it.

The conversation started about Richmond’s run of 7 home games (which happened in 2019, not 2020)—thus why I was confused about your rant.

Nice deflection.

As I said hopefully the Tigers play decent opposition if they make another GF. Playing Crows and GWS was like winning Power Ball and that was on top of the soft draw handed to them by AFL Victoria House.

So Grand Final wins are only worthy of they’re a close game & won by an interstate side??

Or only if West Coast win?

Accept it— Richmond have won in 17 & 19, whether you enjoyed watching the game or not.

34 will never happen even though it's my endgame. The fixture is always going to be compromised without home + away against every other team. Would have to go 11 weeks longer and I don't see where you fit that in. Would have to play midweek matches and this isn't Europe or the USA where the fans will still sell out grounds in those timeslots.
Hence my suggestion for 2 divisions of 12 teams each. The original 22 week season came from a 12 team competition. The AFL will never (and should never) consider reducing the number of teams, but have an appetite for expansion. This would create a fairer system than we have currently. Full H+A for starters.

Good to see Richmond playing almost every interstate game off 5 or 6 day breaks to make it as hard as possible fro them, but mystifying why they got Carlton twice instead of Geelong or ever the Dogs.

That's two, which is correct.

The rule is top six play two or three of the top six twice. Same is happening this year.

You are seriously off your tree

So which is it two or three?

You either just don't get the fact that the eagles travelling exacerbates the whole issue of our draw and the unfairness of it or don't give a *.

I'm staying with the latter.

Discussion over with you because your arrogance and VFL won't allow you to see past your dick

Good to see Richmond playing almost every interstate game off 5 or 6 day breaks to make it as hard as possible fro them, but mystifying why they got Carlton twice instead of Geelong or ever the Dogs.
If they played us twice, it'd be down at Cat Park, the melts alone would be worth the price of admission (free for me, I hear some tigers supporters didn't enjoy the fact that their 16 game Melbourne membership didn't entitle them to s**t, $60 to watch their team lose was too much)

Careful what you ask for. Wanted to host big well supported vic clubs, want more games at the mcg. Demons and Hawks sell low drawing games making it unlikely they will host you leaving only... Collingwood and Richmond.

Can’t believe your scared of playing us twice especially as your board is convinced you would of smashed us if you played us in the GF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not an issue of being scared playing you twice.

It's playing 3 top 4 sides Plus travelling to Tasmania and Brisbane

AND WE DIDNT WIN THE ******* PREMIERSHIP AND HAVE A HARDER DRAW THAN RICHMOND

We came close to beating you without Tim Kelly and suffering injuries during the game.

you really are a battler
did you complain about not playing us twice this year?
nup
the double ups come against your group of 6 on the ladder, not 4.
i know you can count to 6, it's 7 you struggle with.
6 not 4 ....and not because wc shat the bed IN PERTH in rd23 and stuffed their chances and their fans are salty as hell about it

So what has round 23 got to do with the unfairness of the fixtures in 2020

Maybe gather your thoughts about the collective unfairness. It's not just playing Richmond twice that's the issue

So which is it two or three?

You either just don't get the fact that the eagles travelling exacerbates the whole issue of our draw and the unfairness of it or don't give a fu**.

I'm staying with the latter.

Discussion over with you because your arrogance and VFL won't allow you to see past your dick

It's two OR three, as everyone is telling you. This is from the AFL website explaining it:

• Top six: Clubs ranked 1-6 on the ladder will have a minimum of two and maximum of three return meetings with other top six clubs. They will have a minimum of one and maximum of two return meetings with clubs ranked 7-12. They will have either no return meetings or a maximum of one return meeting with clubs ranked 13-18.
  • Middle six: Clubs ranked 7-12 on the ladder will have a minimum of one and maximum of two return meetings with clubs ranked 1-6 on the ladder. They will have a minimum of two and maximum of three return meetings with other middle six clubs. They will have a minimum of one and maximum of two return meetings with clubs ranked 13-18.
  • Bottom six: Clubs ranked 13-18 on the ladder will have either no return meeting or a maximum of one return meeting with clubs ranked 1-6. They will have a minimum of one or a maximum of two return meetings with clubs ranked 7-12. They will have a minimum of two and a maximum of three return meetings with other bottom six clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back