List Mgmt. Scott Clayton - joins North as Head of Player Personnel

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would Scott Clayton who's only ever held the position of list manager be appointed as a mentor for Brady Rawlings in the now role of GM of football?

Especially when Brady was a better list manager than Clayton anyway?

Luff I could understand.

But if we've appointed a GM that needs mentoring from a guy who's never held the position, we've appointed the wrong bloke (Not saying Brady was the wrong appointmet at all, just garbage journalism)

Why would Scott Clayton who's only ever held the position of list manager be appointed as a mentor for Brady Rawlings in the now role of GM of football?

Especially when Brady was a better list manager than Clayton anyway?
Mentor for Luff mainly I would assume and a sounding board for brady

Either way I’d go Silvagni over clayton

Didn't scott clayton bring together the lions treepeat gf side?

Probably just an experienced hand to bring together alot of our new guys.

Let's just take a look at the players Gold Coast lost for one reason or another that Clayton recruited.

Lynch
Prestia
May
Caddy
Ablett
Dixon
Bennell
Hall
Lyons
Matera
O'Meara
Saad
Scrimshaw

He can bring them in but not his job to keep them there.

All of the above are still playing and I reckon if they kept those players they would have played finals by now.

Let's just take a look at the players Gold Coast lost for one reason or another that Clayton recruited.

Lynch
Prestia
May
Caddy
Ablett
Dixon
Bennell
Hall
Lyons
Matera
O'Meara
Saad
Scrimshaw

He can bring them in but not his job to keep them there.

All of the above are still playing and I reckon if they kept those players they would have played finals by now.
I think he was at the Bulldogs when most of those guys were recruited.

Not sure if this has been spoken about but for those who don't know, Scotty was a very good player for Fitzroy, winning the B&F in 1990 and played 160 games for the club. He was a member of Fitzroy's last shot at a flag in 1986 when they were beaten by Hawthorn in the Preliminary Final. Was regarded by many as the best tagger in the caper during his career.

He wore number 40 and figures in the clip below. It was a pretty handy team he played in, in that era.

Not sure if this has been spoken about but for those who don't know, Scotty was a very good player for Fitzroy, winning the B&F in 1990 and played 160 games for the club. He was a member of Fitzroy's last shot at a flag in 1986 when they were beaten by Hawthorn in the Preliminary Final. Was regarded by many as the best tagger in the caper during his career.

He wore number 40 and figures in the clip below. It was a pretty handy team he played in, in that era.

Indeed. He played in the side that gave us a frightful belting in 1983, and was arguably BOG when Fitzroy rolled the Swans in the 86 semi final.

He was cruelled by injuries. Only played one full season in 10 years of footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like we've got our SSP cover sorted for Jacobs to take a recovery year off.

Did he ever end up taking this dip?
Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 3.47.12 pm.png
(FYI players taken after Grant include Lachlan Henderson, Ben McEvoy, Patrick Dangerfield, Brett Ebert, Cyril Rioli, Robbie Tarrant, Harry Taylor, Alex Rance, Callan Ward and that's just in the next fifteen picks)

I hope he's not the one to make the final call on who we draft.

Did he ever end up taking this dip?
View attachment 790069
(FYI players taken after Grant include Lachlan Henderson, Ben McEvoy, Patrick Dangerfield, Brett Ebert, Cyril Rioli, Robbie Tarrant, Harry Taylor, Alex Rance, Callan Ward and that's just in the next fifteen picks)

I hope he's not the one to make the final call on who we draft.

LOL.

Can pick them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back