Prediction Your 2020 Best 22 (Post Trade Period)

Remove this Banner Ad

Plowman gets a game every day of the week in our team. Very underrated
I don’t think so. He is ok and he can easily find himself in the 2s if he doesn’t work hard to improve his deficiencies. Forwards have a field day when one on one and he doesn’t appear to see the game unfold in front of himself. We need drive from our back half and plowman needs to get better at this as well.

I don’t think so. He is ok and he can easily find himself in the 2s if he doesn’t work hard to improve his deficiencies. Forwards have a field day when one on one and he doesn’t appear to see the game unfold in front of himself. We need drive from our back half and plowman needs to get better at this as well.
Not long turned 25. Whipping boy if you ask me. Kid performed really well in many games and got on top in many of his battles. Add some more midfield defense to our team and with Doc coming back, plow will just get better in 2020. 3rd in our club award (9 votes behind cripps) also. Club value his contribution.

Can you please tell me one player in our team that plays his position?

Not long turned 25. Whipping boy if you ask me. Kid performed really well in many games and got on top in many of his battles. Add some more midfield defense to our team and with Doc coming back, plow will just get better in 2020. 3rd in our club award (9 votes behind cripps) also. Club value his contribution.
spot on
pick 3
plays within his limits
wise enough
will go the distance
his top 10 of the 22 most times

too :thumbsu:

when he was injured, you could tell the backline struggled without him there, so incredibly underrated by the supporters.

When I watch our games back, I find it is the more experienced and mature players doing the hard things to make our younger players look good.

I do believe we need to play most of our older players with a mix of youth thrown in, at least in the games against seasoned opposition.

I'm leaving Charlie out until he finds form and fitness. He wasn't a part of our second half of the season form. Until then, Levi is the incumbent and Charlie has to work his way back past him.

Plowman Jones Docherty
SPS Weitering Simpson
Newnes Walsh Setterfield
Silvagni McGovern Martin
Betts McKay Casboult
Kreuzer Cripps E Curnow

Int: Murphy Fisher Kennedy Gibbons

Suggest that with him coming third in our b & f the coaching panel may disagree with you.

It's easy to say "Plowman is underrated and plays every day of the week" but who you leaving out?

Wieters, Jones, Doc, Simpson locks

I think Marchbank and Williamson are going to be better players than Plow and imo you can only have 2 of those 3

Then we've got Newman who had a couple of best on ground performances in a rebounding position that's hard to shine in a losing team.

And apparently JSOS is training with the defenders??

Plus is SPS gunna spend some time there?

Imagine what a headache it would have been if we got Young

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's easy to say "Plowman is underrated and plays every day of the week" but who you leaving out?

Wieters, Jones, Doc, Simpson locks

I think Marchbank and Williamson are going to be better players than Plow and imo you can only have 2 of those 3

Then we've got Newman who had a couple of best on ground performances in a rebounding position that's hard to shine in a losing team.

And apparently JSOS is training with the defenders??

Plus is SPS gunna spend some time there?

Imagine what a headache it would have been if we got Young
I think its more... who plays on the opposition best small or smalls and mediums. Plow goes well when given a task and plays both tall and small.

Im not so sure Simpson is a lock ahead of plow in our backline. Plow is an absolute necessity. Then you build around a guy like that imo

When I watch our games back, I find it is the more experienced and mature players doing the hard things to make our younger players look good.

I do believe we need to play most of our older players with a mix of youth thrown in, at least in the games against seasoned opposition.

I'm leaving Charlie out until he finds form and fitness. He wasn't a part of our second half of the season form. Until then, Levi is the incumbent and Charlie has to work his way back past him.

Plowman Jones Docherty
SPS Weitering Simpson
Newnes Walsh Setterfield
Silvagni McGovern Martin
Betts McKay Casboult
Kreuzer Cripps E Curnow

I like your 22 probably the best on here. I like the balance of talls and smalls. The only player I think is in our best 22 thats missing is Newman and I'll probably swap him for Kennedy. The only other things I would look at is Walsh as an inside mids and not on the wing because I think this running ability makes him a real weapon as a wingman. The other is I would swap Casboult as 3rd tall and McGovern as CHF only because I think Casboult is a better kick 50m out than he is at 20m.

My question for you is what roles do you see the player on your bench playing?

I like your 22 probably the best on here. I like the balance of talls and smalls. The only player I think is in our best 22 thats missing is Newman and I'll probably swap him for Kennedy. The only other things I would look at is Walsh as an inside mids and not on the wing because I think this running ability makes him a real weapon as a wingman. The other is I would swap Casboult as 3rd tall and McGovern as CHF only because I think Casboult is a better kick 50m out than he is at 20m.

My question for you is what roles do you see the player on your bench playing?

Yeah, Charlie, Newman and Marchbank are emergencies for me.

I've been watching back some of our late season games and Kennedy really impressed me after he slimmed down and got quicker I do like the idea of rotating him and Silvagni between the forward line and midfield and being that 2nd big body to support Cripps. Plus, Kennedy is a dead eye shot for goal.

Newman deserves a spot based on last year. It's about balance for me. I read that SPS is likely to play back in 2020 and I agree that this is a good idea. My ideal backline requires two KPDs, a 3rd tall/medium, and 3 medium/smalls to control the play and run it out. Newman's pace is the only thing that prevented me from putting him into the 22. Marchbank is just as unlucky but durability and the fact he isn't as tight one on one as Plowman sees him start behind for now. It's a nice problem to have fitting them all in. I'm still hoping Williamson will stay fit and take one of those non key spots as well.

I have Levi in a pocket only because I want a mobile centre half forward and in an ideal world Charlie would take that role. I do think Gov is smart footballer and the slimmed down version is going to have more effect at ground level than Levi. Let's face it Levi is the spare parts man with an ability to play forward, back and ruck should anybody go down. I could just as easily have put him on the bench but I can see him and Kreuzer rotating from a pocket. Levi is far better around CHF when he is playing as a ruckman with a ruckman opponent, than as a CHF with a CHB on him.

Walsh isn't express pace so wing isn't necessarily his spot. His strength is getting to so many contests and he'll do that on ball and in the centre. He can certainly rotate with Setterfield though.

Fisher and Gibbons are in the midfield rotations. I'd have Gibbons over Fisher based on footy smarts, but I want some pace on the bench too. Murphy should really be in the starting 18, but I don't count the bench positions as lesser. They play every bit as much game time as those on field. For pure optimum balance, I started Newnes for experience and positional experience. Murph will hopefully be a mostly outside attacking midfielder as he was in 2019.

I have Levi in a pocket only because I want a mobile centre half forward and in an ideal world Charlie would take that role. I do think Gov is smart footballer and the slimmed down version is going to have more effect at ground level than Levi. Let's face it Levi is the spare parts man with an ability to play forward, back and ruck should anybody go down. I could just as easily have put him on the bench but I can see him and Kreuzer rotating from a pocket. Levi is far better around CHF when he is playing as a ruckman with a ruckman opponent, than as a CHF with a CHB on him.

Think the intention for Charlie is to play closer to goal, from Teague’s words IIRC (maybe backed up by CC).

Plowman Jones Docherty
SPS Weitering Simpson
Newnes Walsh Setterfield
Silvagni McGovern Martin
Betts McKay Casboult
Kreuzer Cripps E Curnow

I think Charlie has the highest ceiling in our group and now is at an age he should be in AA conversations but I’m more then happy for him to earn a spot ahead of Cas after last season. I also have no problem leaving McKay out for Curnow if Casboult’s form warrants it.

Yeah, Charlie, Newman and Marchbank are emergencies for me.

I've been watching back some of our late season games and Kennedy really impressed me after he slimmed down and got quicker I do like the idea of rotating him and Silvagni between the forward line and midfield and being that 2nd big body to support Cripps. Plus, Kennedy is a dead eye shot for goal.

Newman deserves a spot based on last year. It's about balance for me. I read that SPS is likely to play back in 2020 and I agree that this is a good idea. My ideal backline requires two KPDs, a 3rd tall/medium, and 3 medium/smalls to control the play and run it out. Newman's pace is the only thing that prevented me from putting him into the 22. Marchbank is just as unlucky but durability and the fact he isn't as tight one on one as Plowman sees him start behind for now. It's a nice problem to have fitting them all in. I'm still hoping Williamson will stay fit and take one of those non key spots as well.

Walsh isn't express pace so wing isn't necessarily his spot. His strength is getting to so many contests and he'll do that on ball and in the centre. He can certainly rotate with Setterfield though.

Fisher and Gibbons are in the midfield rotations. I'd have Gibbons over Fisher based on footy smarts, but I want some pace on the bench too. Murphy should really be in the starting 18, but I don't count the bench positions as lesser. They play every bit as much game time as those on field. For pure optimum balance, I started Newnes for experience and positional experience. Murph will hopefully be a mostly outside attacking midfielder as he was in 2019.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. I can't disagree with what you said. I hoping that's the team we see line up round 1.

Suggest that with him coming third in our b & f the coaching panel may disagree with you.
I was and still am very surprised he came third. I think he is ok and he definitely tries which is great but I don’t think he is up to the standard required to keep his spot when we have a full team to choose from.

I was and still am very surprised he came third. I think he is ok and he definitely tries which is great but I don’t think he is up to the standard required to keep his spot when we have a full team to choose from.
For me he is a walk up start and I rate him as a very handy role player long into the future. I also think most other defenders on our list who we might want to replace him with in the future haven’t shown anywhere near his ability to actually defend.
In saying that I do remember Russell being delisted two years after finishing second in the B&F and that was in a finals side so I’m not getting carried away with a B&f finish in a bottom 3 side.

Yeah I was shocked at that result

I just don't see what most others including our coaches do with Plowman.

Is very slow, I haven't seen him really hurt anyone with his bulk, is very shakey with ball in hand I always want him taking the safe option.

He's very strong and can hold the space but a really fast or fall forward would be happy to see him imo.

I could be wrong but I'm on team Marchbank and Williamson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back