Top 3 games of the decade

Remove this Banner Ad

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Far Cry 3
Jedi Fallen Order

I'm sure there are better games, but I simply haven't played them.

Special mention to the recent Madden games that have had a story mode, with Madden 18s Longshot being the best of the bunch.

Eh? Baldur's Gate 2 is 20 years old. This is only the last decade.

Maybe he means the remaster?

Also MP is almost 20 years old too

3. Zelda Breath of the Wild
2. Bloodborne
1. Mass Effect 2

Honourable mention
Portal 2
Skyrim
Doom
Persona 5
Titanfall 2
Divinity Original Sin 2
Mario Kart 8
Super Mario Odyssey
Forza Horizon 3 & 4
Nioh
Diablo III - yeah, yeah I know.

Dishonourable mention for turning into a crack addiction
FIFA 17,18,19

3 votes: Civ 5
2: XCOM 2
1: Mass Effect 2

HM:
Skyrim
I love someone else had Civ V in their top 3

But XCOM 2? I have it still but couldn't get into it and only played 4-5 missions..........you have inspired me to throw it back in and give it another go!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Mass Effect 2/3 - Can't split them as I am whore for the series.
2. Civ 5 - Put way too many hours into this click addicting machine
3. Life Is Strange - Game kicked me in the feels so hard I never knew I needed it. This is the game I show people for "games are an art"

You can't believe one of the best games of the decade is getting votes in a thread about the best games of the decade?

I love the Mass Effect series, but I don't think any individual member of the trilogy can be considered on its own to be among the best. ME2 has serious failings that somehow get overlooked - maybe people didn't play the first one?

1. Witcher 3
2. Divinity Original Sin 2
3. Rocket League

honourable mentions: pillars of eternity 1/2, divinity os1, GTAV, underrail, shadowrun returns/dragonfall/hong kong, ori and the blind forest, south park stick of truth/fractured but whole, life is strange 1, hyper light drifter, witcher 2, skyrim/enderal, parkitect, wildstar, portal 2, walking dead season 1/2, alan wake

certainly a great decade of gaming. my favourite part was kickstarter reviving the cRPG genre

I love the Mass Effect series, but I don't think any individual member of the trilogy can be considered on its own to be among the best. ME2 has serious failings that somehow get overlooked - maybe people didn't play the first one?

ME1 has a better main story and more RPG elements. However interface/game play was very clunky, side missions meh...and Mako mining was a chore.

I love someone else had Civ V in their top 3

But XCOM 2? I have it still but couldn't get into it and only played 4-5 missions..........you have inspired me to throw it back in and give it another go!

I enjoyed xcom2, however buggy to the point of distraction.

ME1 has a better main story and more RPG elements. However interface/game play was very clunky, side missions meh...and Mako mining was a chore.

ME2 had a mess of a main story, uninspiring gameplay and a massively descaled world to explore. But it had excellent side-quests around its characters, which take up the bulk of the game.
ME3 completely lost track of what the story was, had dumb characterisation and stopped you from exploring the world entirely. But its gameplay is fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back