2. Mass Effect 2
3. Dead Space 2

HM: Fifa 12 and The Last of Us

Last edited:

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Good thread. I just made it sticky and should work nicely along side our annual GOTY thread which will kick off soon.

As for the topic, this is a hard one! It's too easy to be influenced by recency bias. Witcher 3 is my hands down clear number one but it will take some thinking of the other two.

Good thread. I just made it sticky and should work nicely along side our annual GOTY thread which will kick off soon.

As for the topic, this is a hard one! It's too easy to be influenced by recency bias. Witcher 3 is my hands down clear number one but it will take some thinking of the other two.
People are forgetting some of the classics on the old generation of consoles that were still around for a few years too

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Making me choose only three games? That's a paddlin'. You monster.

1. Mass Effect 2
2. The Witcher 3
3. Overwatch

Honourable mentions: Prey, Subnautica, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 7, Alien: Isolation, Batman: Arkham City, Skyrim

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Fallout: New Vegas
Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
The Last Of Us

New Vegas was clear cut for me but the other two were very, very hard. Herizon Zero Dawn was close but ultimately Witcher 3 and TLOU got to me on an emotional level. Skyrim would round out my top five if it were a top five list.

calyam

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
This is hard. Witcher 3 is number one, by some margin, but I'm finding it hard to determine number two and three. A lot of great games this decade.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Breath Of The Wild
Persona 5
Fallout 4

Most are pretty recent as most of the games i liked in the early parts of 2010 onwards where handheld titles which don’t really stack up with these games.

F4 a suprise to some but I spent a stupid amount of time with it and would buy it again if it does (and should) come to the switch.

BOTW is number 1 by a landslide for me

Jeba

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2002
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Rangers/Cowboys/Stars/Mavs
1 The last of Us
2 Horizon Zero Dawn
3 Marvel's Spider-man

Was going to put uncharted 2 at 3 but checked and it was 2009. Could toss a coin for third spot, God of War, RDR2, UC3, Death Stranding.

nameless

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Only 3 for a whole decade?
That's tough!!

Persona 5
Zelda: BOTW
Mass Effect 2

I'm rounding out the top 10 and I'll be damned if anyone tries to stop me :)

DOTA 2
Nier: Automata
Stardew Valley
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Overwatch
Portal 2
Yakuza 0

2017 FTW - best gaming year ever!

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
I have yet to play Witcher 3 :(

Mass Effect 2
Doom 2016
Titanfall 2

So many games this decade I have yet to play. Life getting in the way. This is the decade I finished uni, got first "proper" job, got married, had son so it's not surprising haha, but still. Will catch up when the boyo is in school (he's not even 2 yet!).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back