AFL players to take pay cuts in order to carry the AFLW?

Remove this Banner Ad

Won't do it, as you know they will be bullied, subjected to ridicule and cancel culture should they openly speak their minds, and you demand this because you know I won't name them, therefore you can open handedly dismiss it. Go ahead and do that.

The readers can decide for themselves, but I do stand by my comments.

You demand others reveal their sources and prove their claims, or repeatedly call bullshit, I’m just holding you to your own standards.

There's very few leagues and player unions advocating for equal pay
Equal revenue share from advertising is what's being discussed mostly.

Revenues generated by clubs built by males, in a 120 year old competition built by males. If they didn't politicallly engineer a position inside the AFL, the world would have stayed as it was where virtually no one gave a second glance to womens AFL football. They exist purely through the co-opting the male competition, via the political false victimization narrative that has basically destroyed feminism.

It's time for people (the silent majority) to stand up to the bullies that facilitate this rubbish, show some courage, and call them out.

You demand others reveal their sources and prove their claims, or repeatedly call bullshit, I’m just holding you to your own standards.

Listen Arden, flog this to death all you like, and label me however you like. I am not naming names, and I stand by my comments.

So we know for a fact that, off the top off my head - Ben Brown, Nathan Hrovat, Taylor Garner (the most old school of the lot), Luke McDonald - have had direct roles in coaching or support on list management for the W team.

That Rhyce Shaw goes out of his way to support them - he's all "one club".

But BigFooty's Ben Jacobs knows heaps of players and officials who hate it all, and they've told him, but nobody else.

Righto.

I mean, I went to school with a kid who's Dad definitely worked at Nintendo in America, notwithstanding the fact that Nintendo weren't based in America and everyone knew his dad had pissed off to live with another woman in Adelaide.

Why include the AFLW in a jumper presentation? Why not do a separate one for them? Is it because there is sufficient interest in it, or is it because it's a fu**en politically correct thing to do these days?
It’s about club unity. I really liked it.

Last year the girls had a separate one. They all chose a song to walk out to, it was really good fun, much more casual and a lot less people but I loved it.

I see the girls team as an extension of the club. It’s fresh NM content at a time of year that’s otherwise pretty dry. I don’t get the negativity but everyone is entitled to their view.

Listen Arden, flog this to death all you like, and label me however you like. I am not naming names, and I stand by my comments.

I didn’t label you as anything and haven’t even argued your points.

Just remember next time you ridicule someone who won’t/can’t name their source, you are guilty of the same.

This is their CHOICE.

A majority of males are battling away doing the same. This doesn't entitle THEM to ANY specialized competition from the AFL nor any specialized privilege from the AFL.

This manufactured false entitlement crap is INSANE!

Not at the professional level. One injury could have years of repercussions for them, which is why the men are compensated well - hazard pay.

I get you're no longer for the working person anymore, but it actually makes sense if you think about it.

Why include the AFLW in a jumper presentation? Why not do a separate one for them? Is it because there is sufficient interest in it, or is it because it's a fu**en politically correct thing to do these days?

I haven't been able to sleep since it happened

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

These "what do they even provide, they are being subsidised" flogs would do very well to be careful about introducing that argument into the bloodstream, given that same argument is routinely used to try and kill our club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not at the professional level. One injury could have years of repercussions for them, which is why the men are compensated well - hazard pay.

It's no different to what happens between Spotswood and Deer Park.

I didn’t label you as anything and haven’t even argued your points.

Just remember next time you ridicule someone who won’t/can’t name their source, you are guilty of the same.

This is far more nuanced than the typical scenario, and you're smart enough to know that.

But not many care about woman’s footy, sexist or not. So many limitations and no one chose for the league to exist

Feels a bit unfair but meh lol

Yeah, that's why the Grand Final got 55,000 people.

A lot of people mixing up their own views with that of wider society.

There's clearly a very big audience for it.

This reminds me a great deal of when we started playing Friday night footy.

Good judges all said then it was stupid experiment, that footy "didn't belong" on Friday nights.

Every time there was a poor crowd, the usual suspects would hoot and jabber and throw s**t against the walls.

Essendon said Friday nights wouldn't work, Essendon don't have a W team now.

And I'm 100 per cent sure that the two expansions of the way the code is played will pan out exactly the same way.

Look forward in 2032 to the Bomber fans bragging about their girls dominate Friday nights.

Me neither, and I for one can't stand political correctness like acknowledging women exist.
Women existing has nothing to do with it. People over 40 also exist. Why don't we create a Masters AFL league and present the jumpers on the same night? And kids teams as well? Just because lots of different types of people exist, doesn't mean we need to have everyone represented in everything. Woman's footy is clearly miles from the level required to put it anywhere near the product that is AFL. That's ok, it may one day close the gap. But PC demands that we do it now anyway, whether it's warranted or not.

A few years ago the childcare centre that my youngest son was in at the time cancelled fathers day celebration, instead calling it family day. Their explanation was, that we have to acknowledge that lots of kids exist without a father in their life, and we'd be offending them by celebrating fathers day. This is the type of crap that we have to deal with today, because people like yourself demand it.

Women existing has nothing to do with it. People over 40 also exist. Why don't we create a Masters AFL league and present the jumpers on the same night? And kids teams as well? Just because lots of different types of people exist, doesn't mean we need to have everyone represented in everything. Woman's footy is clearly miles from the level required to put it anywhere near the product that is AFL. That's ok, it may one day close the gap. But PC demands that we do it now anyway, whether it's warranted or not.

I wouldn't have thought it necessary to spell this out but women's AFL was a fringe sport not long ago and the current standard probably reflects that. But since the advent of the AFLW comp, participation by girls at junior level has gone through the roof and in time this will probably mean a much higher standard at the top level. The elite athletes who are coming over to AFL from other sports may have been afl players since their teens instead.

It follows that increased participation by girls would lead to increased participation by their siblings, which would be good for the men's game.

It's no different to what happens between Spotswood and Deer Park.

Professionals at professional businesses. Multi-million dollar sporting organisations shouldn't pay their workers properly.

The George Calombaris argument.

Professionals at professional businesses. Multi-million dollar sporting organisations shouldn't pay their workers properly.

The AFLW is not a "professional" sport. That's downright laughable. It's a political circus that borrows branding from a men's competition.

The only "multi million dollar" aspect of the circus is the money getting thrown at it!

The AFLW is not a "professional" sport. That's downright laughable. It's a political circus that borrows branding from a men's competition.

The only "multi million dollar" aspect of the circus is the money getting thrown at it!
Why the angst? Are you paying for it? Is the men’s team suffering because of it? Are we going to be relocating because of it?
Why don’t you just ignore it?

Why the angst? Are you paying for it? Is the men’s team suffering because of it? Are we going to be relocating because of it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back