Review Marsh Series Week 3: West Coast v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

In the last 2 mins the eagles wanted to win. No one needs to kid themselves here. The last 5 mins the cue was no where near the rack

And let's be honest, if the situation and relative strength of the teams was reversed, some on here would be on suicide watch right now.

can someone tell me what shuey did and describe in detail what banfield did back to him.
Details are a bit vague but pretty sure Banfield pulled down his pants in the contest and gave him a smack on the bottom. Shuey then interpretted that as consent and tried to give Banners a reach around, Banfield rejected his advances, Shuey had a cry and then complained to the umpire that he was entitled to as a West Coast player to touch whatever he wanted. Hackdorn will likely interrupt Beaumont on 6PR with a teary plea about how unfair the umpire was being.

Really enjoyed that, although frustrating at times the boys will come together as the season progresses. I think this was probably a reflection of how the season will go - patches of absolute pus sprinkled with patches of exciting football.

It's a shame we have no other tall backs because I really don't like Cox in defence. He played today the way he has played for Peel in defence, where he just seems to be way too slow and casual, particularly with his kicking. I commented to a mate that if he had Tobe Watson's intensity with his skills he'd be a champion. I guess he's the best we have until either Alex or Joel comes back, but he worries me whenever he has the ball in hand.

Griffin Logue showed today he is much better than just a third tall defender, and when we get Alex and Joel back we will be well set up. Then we have guys like Luke Ryan, Nathan Wilson, Taylin Duman, Ethan Hughes, Tobe Watson all getting games with Hayden Young, Jason Carter and Jarvis Pina all showing great signs.

Midfield depth is looking good, which will allow Fyfe and Walter to play more forward.

The real depth worries are still the talls, but if we can just get them healthy and back on the park we will scare a few teams late in the year.

What I liked was the ability to switch from a defensive mindset to attacking. It will only improve also. A Ross coaches team would never have the attacking nous to come back from 4 goals down in the last 10 minutes. Wind or no wind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd give Bewley more time.
Not even listed in the best 6 for Freo on AFL.com 😮🤷‍♂️
Pretty funny isn't it. Even Hughes got a gong over him. I thought our whole back line was pretty good today - their forwards only kicked 2 goals total.
Logue was definitely great but JJK is just as definitely past it.
He did kick 6 goals last week.

Pretty funny isn't it. Even Hughes got a gong over him. I thought our whole back line was pretty good today - their forwards only kicked 2 goals total.

He did kick 6 goals last week.
Hughes is the defender version of Langdon in that he does everything bar disposal really well, but the disposal... Actually, he is probably slightly better than Ed at kicking.

Didn't see JJK last week but I'm a fan (easily my favourite WCE with Gov over the last decade) and he's looked not himself for a couple of years. I know injuries and all that but JJK from 3 years ago at least gets a kick in the first half.

Not taking anything from Griff, dude is a jet.

Once again really liked JLo’s presser. No bullshit, answers questions properly and honestly. Plus gives really encouraging feedback of the players.

Give me this any day over Ross and his annoying roundabout answers trying to be the smartest kid on the block.

Bailey Banfield reminds me of max rooke (if thats how you spell his name) premiership player for geelong about a decade ago.

2 things i liked from today apart from the obvious

1. The fact that with so many out from our best 22, our depth has always been a worry. For the first time today it seemed we have some of that depth.

2. Love JL !!!!! Love how the first time in front of the media was like he had a mouth full of golf balls, and as a reporter the word "UMM" was clearly the message JL was trying to get out.... He has worked on it and sounded so much more confident in front of the camera today. I just love him for some reason.

I liked Ross, but so many times i would cringe and think....Ross the reporter is doing his job and asking a question... why do you have to be a Wa#$%r sometimes.

Added bonus - i reckon the players love JL. When they are asked about him they give a beaming smile, and today they CLEARLY played for their coach in the last qtr.

Go freo

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I love Tucker and think / hope he'll be our standout 2nd best mid by years end but one thing that still annoys me about him is his lack of killer instinct around goals. Should have drilled that one in the first qtr and that hand pass to Darcy to start the 4th qtr...:$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back