Review Marsh Series Week 3: West Coast v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone notice Yeo's trip on Cerra?

Very rarely I would ever defend that mob but Yeo is the last bloke to deliberately do a dog act. Wouldn't think it was deliberate at all. Imagine if someone saw the same thing reversed but Roger Hayden did it. Unfortunately in contact sports, accidents happen

What I liked was the ability to switch from a defensive mindset to attacking. It will only improve also. A Ross coaches team would never have the attacking nous to come back from 4 goals down in the last 10 minutes. Wind or no wind.

Maybe, but this is just preseason and I do recall in 2017 (proper season) starting the last quarter a couple of goals down to the Bulldogs and kicking 5 straight to win by a couple of goals (a 30 point turnaround).

Maybe, but this is just preseason and I do recall in 2017 (proper season) starting the last quarter a couple of goals down to the Bulldogs and kicking 5 straight to win by a couple of goals (a 30 point turnaround).

We had a game like that against North tail end of 2012, I think.

We had a game like that against North tail end of 2012, I think.
It was Melbourne, we came from 20 points down in the 3rd to kick the last 9 goals of the game.

And last year against GWS we came from behind in the last quarter and kicked 6 straight (before Cameron kicked the last goal of the game) ... a 28point turnaround.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very rarely I would ever defend that mob but Yeo is the last bloke to deliberately do a dog act. Wouldn't think it was deliberate at all. Imagine if someone saw the same thing reversed but Roger Hayden did it. Unfortunately in contact sports, accidents happen
It's pretty clear on the match highlights on AFL.com. He looks down, you can see him throw the foot out and Cerra stumble. Looks deliberate to me.

It was Melbourne, we came from 20 points down in the 3rd to kick the last 9 goals of the game.

And last year against GWS we came from behind in the last quarter and kicked 6 straight (before Cameron kicked the last goal of the game) ... a 28point turnaround.

The north game I was thinking of was definitely in 2012. Both sides arm wrestling for three quarters. I think Brent Harvey might have put them in front at the start of the fourth and then we piled on 8 or 9 goals.

Saw the Brayshaw Fyfey footy thing after the game and those who also saw it should have mentioned that Brayshaw's body language was super positive, I think they even had a laugh and a shrug about it.

Seems some of our posters have decided to take a lead from the media and over sesationalise something to the negative side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back