Unofficial Preview North v St Kilda, round 1, 2020 (TODAY)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is someone prepared to watch a replay of that game and point out every instance where Jeds ball use was shithouse?

Cos I just watched a replay of the first quarter and it wasn't. Some of it was brilliant.

Then again Macmilan was alright too, at least one of Atley's turnovers came from poor contesting by his target and some of Jack's early work in close around the pack was sublime.
It was only a few fumbles with Jed. His disposal was pretty good against the cola’s.

Is someone prepared to watch a replay of that game and point out every instance where Jeds ball use was shithouse?

Cos I just watched a replay of the first quarter and it wasn't. Some of it was brilliant.

Then again Macmilan was alright too, at least one of Atley's turnovers came from poor contesting by his target and some of Jack's early work in close around the pack was sublime.
He had a disposal efficiency of 75%. The team went at 74%.

Like you I have no idea what some people are on about.

i think it was more first touch fumbles, so not necessarily s**t house, because some of the fumbles still were followed by effective disposal but could have been cleaner, and then others he lost touch of the ball. Still getting in there and making the ball his so I don't see it as that bad.

Lots of players fumble in packs. I've seen Cunners do it. But he had a few. Still used the ball effectively most of the time after them.

One of those fumbles tho...

Tarryn produced one of the slickest handballs of the game, but it went a foot behind Jed who was running at pace with an opponent a metre or two behind him. He reached back, flicked the ball forward and ran onto it without breaking stride.

Thats not a fumble, that's incredible.

Lots of players fumble in packs. I've seen Cunners do it. But he had a few. Still used the ball effectively most of the time after them.

Tarryn produced one of the slickest handballs of the game, but it went a foot behind Jed who was running at pace with an opponent a metre or two behind him. He reached back, flicked the ball forward and ran onto it without breaking stride.

Yeh not many mongooses would have the reaction time to deal with that Tarryn rocket.

Everyone was so taken with Tarryn’s super slick pass that Jed’s fantastic take got overlooked. If Jed doesn’t gather the ball, the play becomes a turnover.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeh not many mongooses would have the reaction time to deal with that Tarryn rocket.

It was a magnificent bit of play all up. The only way they could have done it was exactly like that.

Tarryn had a ball width corridor to handball thru and if Jed wasn't on the move and physically past it when the footy came out he'd have been tackled.

It's bullshit really. I can't think of many better bits of footy (many just as good I guess) ... that turn and handball was perfect and Jed just topped it off the way he made it work.

Tarryn is a freaky player.

Everyone was so taken with Tarryn’s super slick pass that Jed’s fantastic take got overlooked. If Jed doesn’t gather the ball, the play becomes a turnover.

They were on it tho. Great teamwork.

Tarryn shepherded Jed when he started the chain that led to Souvas first goal as well. They both get in there and get busy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were on it tho. Great teamwork.

Tarryn shepherded Jed when he started the chain that led to Souvas first goal as well. They both get in there and get busy.

Are you suggesting that they’re the new “Jim & Phil” show, Ferbs? Wouldn’t that be a thing of beauty?

Yeah.

That comparison did cross my mind with that handball. It was so good.

But...

Jim n PHIL grew up playing footy together tho. They genuinely had a brilliant understanding of each other. What would have happened with them would be Jim (as TT) kicks it 30 m upfield, blindly, to the one clear spot in all that congestion while Jed runs straight there, grabs it on the run and nails a beautiful goal from about 45 out.

If it was PHIL in Jims place (as TT) Jim goals with a 60 m torp from the centre square.

How’s this for a dampener on proceedings? Brad Hill has played against North 9 times and has not lost yet! When we beat Hawthorn in 2014 and Fremantle in 2018, Hill wasn’t playing in both instances. Hopefully, we can make it third time(team) lucky...

How’s this for a dampener on proceedings? Brad Hill has played against North 9 times and has not lost yet! When we beat Hawthorn in 2014 and Fremantle in 2018, Hill wasn’t playing in both instances. Hopefully, we can make it third time(team) lucky...

Anybody got Tonya Harding’s number? 🤣

So Brad Hill has never played in a winning side against a North team not coached by Brad Scott.

Awesome.

Not sure whether you can get a bet on team selection, but if there is, here's where I'm putting my money:

Atley Tarrant Pittard
MacMillan Daw Walker
Polec Higgins Dumont
Garner Ziebell Thomas
Zurhaar Larkey Simpkin

Goldstein Cunnington Anderson

Xerri McDonald Taylor Hall

EMG: Bonar

Mighta nailed it Merlin. If you have l wanna see a name change mate > Nostradamus 🖕

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back