Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. (Thread part 1 - cont in part 2, link in thread)

Has the coronavirus outbreak made you reconsider attending the footy

• Yes

Votes: 285 44.9%
  • No

Votes: 350 55.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFLNT grand final day tomorrow?

12 March 2020 05:50pm
After consulting with the NT Department of Health, AFL Northern Territory (AFLNT) wishes to advise all matches and events planned for the Men’s TIO NTFL Grand Final this Saturday will go ahead as scheduled.
AFLNT has also been advised the Tiwi Islands Football League Grand Final this Sunday will also go ahead as scheduled.

yeeeeaaaaaah, nah...

If the season is cancelled, just think about how good the 2021 season will be. Everyone will be craving for footy wouldn’t be surprised to see 100,000 pack into the G for the season opener. 2020 Will be a hard year without footy, but just try think about the positives.

Go Hawks

The problem is not just with bats- it's all their wet markets for all animals, & unhygienic practices.

Even reading that headline was distressing. I truly hate people who abuse animals. I hate them as much as I would hate a paedophile.

So what's that? Almost three and a half months from the outset. And that's with a country that could enforce shutdowns (albeit, they reacted a month too late). I wonder how long it will take in this country with some half-arsed attempt to shut us down?

Makes sense, they really should be postponing the season until late April and go from there.
I can live with that. Cats form in the preseason suggests they need at least another month on the training track

The problem is not just with bats- it's all their wet markets for all animals, & unhygienic practices.

I'm glad there is an organisation that shut down these dog markets for human consumption what some of these Asian countries need to learn is hygiene and not everything that has four legs is eatable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am hoping to see crowd-less games, simply i think it would be so surreal to watch something like that. Just having the experience of seeing it would be nuts
Just watch the under 18s state comp

Even reading that headline was distressing. I truly hate people who abuse animals. I hate them as much as I would hate a paedophile.

Dogs who are a kept in peoples front yards get kidnapped and taken to these dogs farms for slaughter make me ******* sick I want to kill these bastard

Agree. It's the main reason I refuse to support the livestock industry in any capacity.

I know others disagree but there is nothing I want more than for lab meat to become financially viable. The moment it is, the moment lab meat is cheaper than traditional meat it will save so much animal suffering in the world. Not to mention the massive environmental advantages.

This is a very good explainer about the wet markets if anyone is interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back