Training The Thread Formerly Known As The Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Has to. Had an excellent pre-season games.
I thought he was great against Richmond, I didn't see much of the Saints game.

His track form warrants selection also, Jen?
This is the interesting player Regarding round 1.

Tyler Brown being a certain debutant, I’m thinking which player misses as I plugged Tyler as emergency (original guess.)

Maybe Daicos misses, or Josh Thomas? Maybe WHE, somebody misses.

Maynard Roughead Noble
Howe Moore Crisp
Phillips Sidebottom Mayne
De Goey Mihocek Stephenson
Grundy Pendlebury Adams
Elliott Cox Hoskin-Elliott
Wills Brown T Brown C Thomas

Leaving the four emergencies:
Daicos? Cameron Madgen Sier

Something like that so does Daicos miss?

Last edited:

Tyler Brown being a certain debutant, I’m thinking which player misses as I plugged Tyler as emergency (original guess.)

Maynard Roughead Noble
Howe Moore Crisp
Grundy Pendlebury Adams

You are missing a forward line SV which I assume is Billy, Cox, WHE?

You might well be right with that analysis. Hope they can squeeze Daics in though

You threw that money away last year when you thought you'd get games out of it.

I don't know your personal circumstances Dave, so I apologise if I'm out of line but would you be demanding a refund saying you need the cash had you still been able to attend the games?

We're all in the same boat here. A lot of us have paid for memberships.

Don't Mind Paying when I get what I paid for and with the Pandemic we are not.

Hopefully we might get back for the Footy this year so I then just want money back on what I missed

You are missing a forward line SV which I assume is Billy, Cox, WHE?

You might well be right with that analysis. Hope they can squeeze Daics in though
Oh dear fancy me forgetting billy, hyphen and Cox. My bad.
thats the forward three yes. I’ll edit it.

many thanks, nice pick up.

be interesting who misses.

Maynard Roughead Noble
Howe Moore Crisp
Grundy Pendlebury Adams
Elliott Cox Hoskin-Elliott

C.Brown wore a black jumper at training so I figure he is in the starting side. Stephenson wore white so is either on the bench or misses.

There is no way Wills plays but for a late change if Tyler makes his debut. Daicos seemed preferred to Thomas at Morwell and did his chances no harm with his second positive showing.

I’m excited for these young guys coming into the team. I hope Daicos gets a go alongside the brown brothers. Had an excellent pre-season and has shown enough in the marsh series.

C.Brown wore a black jumper at training so I figure he is in the starting side. Stephenson wore white so is either on the bench or misses.

There is no way Wills plays but for a late change if Tyler makes his debut. Daicos seemed preferred to Thomas at Morwell and did his chances no harm with his second positive showing.
I seen Tyler wearing white at training. I don’t think it means much. Hard to tell who’s out and who’s in

IMO, Wills is too one dimensional to be best 22 at Collingwood so I would prefer you to be right because I can see Bont, Dunkley and Macrae tearing him a new one. The problem I have with your take is that in order for him to miss out tomorrow (outside of a late change) it would take a shift in coaching philosophy because the coaching group seem to view the role he fills as required.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought we had a Ton of money thru Sponsers.

Plus I not saying everyone has to do it but People who need that Money might want it back.

The AFL Should do something as well to help that not just Clubs
I don't know what percentage of membership revenue is retained by the club for discretionary spending. But I'm sure it is responsible for paying the salaries of key staff. Given most corporate sources of income will be lost this year, members will be critical to weathering this storm.

By no means am I saying that people shouldn't ask for a refund if their financial position changes and they need the money. But if people can afford it I'd encourage them not to seek refunds and to treat it like a donation to the club.

Hopefully the majority of people don't feel like they have been ripped off by the club. Because that would impact the team for years to come.

Guess that’s it for this thread for a while... doubt we’ll see the boys training for weeks. We should be discussing all things training this week but this virus has ruined it. Sad times.

Just watch how fit Pendles comes back. The man is a machine.
He should be getting all the boys to privately use his gym for the next few months. They’ll all come back as beasts.

He should be getting all the boys to privately use his gym for the next few months. They’ll all come back as beasts.

It'd be mildly interesting to see who has what gym set up within the club. I know Treloar has one as he/his missus do a bit of PT.

Pendles' gym/loft from an instagram post last week only appears to have a treadmill, sports memorabilia and a 75 inch TV.

I know De Goey is a beast and always comes out and causes damage no matter how fit or unfit he is, but I hope he doesn’t take advantage of this shutdown and start putting on weight. Would love to see him come back strong and fit. Good opportunity to get his body in great shape, its almost like another pre-season. Not saying he is overweight because I don’t believe what they are saying, but he’s been thinner.

It'd be mildly interesting to see who has what gym set up within the club. I know Treloar has one as he/his missus do a bit of PT.

Pendles' gym/loft from an instagram post last week only appears to have a treadmill, sports memorabilia and a 75 inch TV.
Pendles owns a legit gym as a business. Not talking about his treadmill at home mate.

Gyms are now banned.
Gyms are banned from trading. There’s no stopping Scott and 2-3 others at a time using his equipment as far as I can see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back