Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You won’t need an 18 month lockdown unless most just ignore it and they don’t enforce it.

Mind you the current half assed confused messaging doesn’t help
I take in key press conferences - There is no confusion until the media take on 20 different agenda fighting for attention in a crowded market. Some of their questions at pressers are more hysterical and less logical that a 4 year old swimming in red cordial.

I never said i got a speed ticket, or complained about getting one. Im simply saying resources are needed elsewhere during this crisis. Soon police will be driving down suburban streets during lockdown to make sure people are complying. Is it that hard to understand?
Yep, I comprehend.

But unfortunately law enforcement need to continue to enforce all laws during this crisis, not only the 'most important' ones...

You've conveniently ignored the fact that the CCP failed to shut down the wet markets that have been a breeding ground for this and other deadly viruses.

I responded to the points you raised. Odd comment.

I don’t defend the appalling treatment of animals in any region of the world, and certainly agree the CCP should shut these markets down and other nations should have the minerals to sanction them if they don’t; but you can’t blame a person for a virus mutating in nature. That’s just nature doing it’s thing. It’s been happening for millions of years and will happen again.

No one got this upset at Mexico and the US for the conditions the pigs were kept in, or the UK over their cow’s. Nah! You’re upset because this virus is so contagious and dangerous it’s now affecting you personally and you’re looking for someone to blame; but the inputs into our situation are multivariable.

If anyone really has a right to be pissed about all these epidemics it’s vegans. The treatment of non-human animals in farms and research labs all over the world is a problem we all just seem to accept.

Nah sorry. The nature of the virus is what’s led to this becoming such a bad pandemic. An airborne virus that is contagious during the asymptomatic stage, has an incubation period up to 14 days, survives up to 3 hours in the air, up to 3 days on surfaces (17 days in the Diamond Princess) and spreads like wildfire.

It’s sheer arrogance to expect as fait accompli that this thing could and should have been contained. If it was so easy, why have we now in Australia, with a government that had months of forewarning, a full genome sequence and mountains of data, gone into log phase? If it was that easy to control, Australia shouldn’t even have a problem. But you expect a country who had none of this information in the initial stage to knock it on the head.

No doubt the CCP f’ed up, but hold them to account for what they f’ed up; not nature’s works; not the subsequent fu** up and obfuscation from other governments that have also failed, in some cases arguably worse.

Our number one source of infection in this country came from a country who’s leader denied the threat was even real - not China. And all you’ve got is ... well they got it from China. And then claim you’re not solely blaming China? Bollocks!
The 17 days thing relates to RNA, not actual virus, it's like claiming you've found a 10000 person because of the nucleic acid in a Neanderthal skeleton.

Also, brah, chill. Take a deep breath, look at the world population, then look at COVID deaths. And relax.

People should forget the idea of people being thrown in jail. Jails are looking at how to get crims out as they are likely to become epicentres first the virus and death. Going to the clink will be Russian roulette. And that is not commensurately fair.
They need a more dire threat because even the fines are worthless. 2 million unemployed, who’s going to cough up?
Perhaps we could shoot them? Public beatings? Of course not but a lot of people are struggling with common sense and selfishness. How do we actually stop it?
Maybe a getaway in the Gibson desert would be up their alley. At a loss really how to stop it. Jails and fines won’t stop the spread nor the desperate from doing desperate things.

Perhaps the alternative view to reward those who comply and incentivize the positive behavior as opposed to punishing the negative...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

SARS ws much more deadly than Covid19, and MERS was more deadly than SARS, but Covid19 has already killed more people than those diseases even infected, combined.

Its not the death rate people will remember, but the deaths.
Those were fairly insignificant on a global scale. They didn't shut down the world.

Theres so many reports of young people's mental health deteriorating already and one girl in the UK already committed suicide. The lockdown will need to last 18 months until there's a vaccine or as soon as they open up it will just start spreading again.

With an 18 month lockdown you will need the military in the street enforcing it for the next 17.5 months of it
There will not be a lockdown for 18 months. I spoke to a medical researcher today who said that a vaccine will be on the market before the end of the year, but equally importantly, there will be drugs out sooner that will minimize the effects.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There will not be a lockdown for 18 months. I spoke to a medical researcher today who said that a vaccine will be on the market before the end of the year, but equally importantly, there will be drugs out sooner that will minimize the effects.
All is good in the long run - we just minimise the short term hurt. The media will be so disappointed

Lockdown for 18 months the suicide rate will outnumber the Covid death rate

Just got this message from Optus

Coronavirus Aus Gov msg: To stop the spread, stay 1.5m from others, follow rules on social gatherings, wash hands, stay home if sick. aus.gov.au

Just got this message from Optus

Coronavirus Aus Gov msg: To stop the spread, stay 1.5m from others, follow rules on social gatherings, wash hands, stay home if sick. aus.gov.au

Telstra sent it to me this morning.

Typical Optus.

No major betting site will bet on coronavirus for the flak they would cop.

The belarus soccer league is still going isn’t it?

Horse and dog racing somehow still going here as well
A US site called Pokershares had a market on total cases by a certain date in the US and if the World Series of Poker would go ahead or not.

Both actually copped little flak but were removed due to the volatility of the markets.

I believe they now have markets on dates of major sports re-starting.

Geez just saw on 9news that Indonesia is predicted to have half of their population infected soon. Lack of testing, poor standards, and a population that ignores all medical advice. Currently a death rate of 10%.

Hard to feel sorry for them though when they are still celebrating festivals and going about life as if nothing is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back