NFL 2020 NFL Pre-Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Packers and Saints conducted virtual visits with Utah State QB Jordan Love.
The Los Angeles Chargers, Las Vegas Raiders, Miami Dolphins and Indianapolis Colts have also reportedly been in contact with the Aggies prospect. Projected to hear his name called anywhere from inside the top-10 to the end of Day 1, it goes without saying that Love (6’4/224) fits the prototypical build of what organizations typically look for in any first-round signal-caller. The 21-year-old currently sits as Hayden Winks' QB5 behind Joe Burrow, Tua Tagovailoa, Jalen Hurts, and Justin Herbert.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Around the NFL on Twitter
Apr 1, 2020, 3:08 PM ET

Texans signed DT Timmy Jernigan, formerly of the Eagles, to a one-year, $3.75 million contract.
The deal includes $1.25 million guaranteed. There was clearly no need to bring Jernigan back in Philly with ex-Steelers DT Javon Hargrave and reserve run-stuffer Hassan Ridgeway under contract. The 27-year-old bounced back mightily last year, overcoming a potential season-ending foot injury in the team's second game only to return and finish with two sacks and three quarterback hits across 274 defensive snaps as the Eagles' rotational starter. He'll likely take on a larger role ahead of Eddie Vanderdoes given D.J. Reader's exit to Cincinnati in free agency.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Aaron Wilson on Twitter
Apr 1, 2020, 2:29 PM ET

Dolphins re-signed P Matt Haack to a one-year, $2.133 million contract.
It's the value of his original-round tender as a restricted free agent. Haack was 23rd in net punting average last season and 20th in punts landed inside the 20-yard line. Th Dolphins could easily look to upgrade on Haack via the draft or UDFA market.
Apr 1, 2020, 1:05 PM ET

Unbelievably ordinary.....Davante Parker the best of the lot imo. Reckon he will continue on with what he started last season, his 2019 reminded me of Davante Adams "the penny's dropped" season after looking like he wasn't going to be fulfilling his potential early on.

Mike Williams has got the skill set to break out into a top 10 receiver also but so many weapons in the Chargers passing game its hard to see it happening any time soon.

Cooper is overrated. Too hot and cold. Meekly surrenders if a cb gets on top of him early.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa (hip) underwent a medical re-check facilitated by the NFL Combine and received "overwhelmingly positive" news.

Garafolo's colleague Ian Rapoport reports Tagovailoa has "fulfilled all medical obligations." It's the best possible news, though teams potentially drafting someone with Tagovailoa's health history would typically be put at greater ease by an in-person visit. So is life during the time of coronavirus. Tagovailoa's rehab has gone off without a hitch since his devastating November injury. He is appearing quite likely to come off the board in the first five picks, and possibly as high as No. 2 following a trade-up.

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

Apr 2, 2020, 2:41 PM ET

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa (hip) underwent a medical re-check facilitated by the NFL Combine and received "overwhelmingly positive" news.

Garafolo's colleague Ian Rapoport reports Tagovailoa has "fulfilled all medical obligations." It's the best possible news, though teams potentially drafting someone with Tagovailoa's health history would typically be put at greater ease by an in-person visit. So is life during the time of coronavirus. Tagovailoa's rehab has gone off without a hitch since his devastating November injury. He is appearing quite likely to come off the board in the first five picks, and possibly as high as No. 2 following a trade-up.

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

Apr 2, 2020, 2:41 PM ET

Must be time for another Simmsy QB shuffle.

Would not be against trading up for this dude!

I love Lamar but I reckon taking WRs early in the draft is a complete waste of time when it comes to him. He'll continue to utilize his TEs heavily and have success doing it. I'd be looking for a stud slot receiver if anything.

Last edited:
and here's the nub of the problem for the Draft...

And here’s why the end result will be that all club officials will be confined to their homes for the draft: If even one state in which the NFL does business refuses to authorize a deviation from a “stay at home” order, then all team will be required stay at home. And, surely, at least one state in which the NFL does business will tell the NFL that the draft is work that can and must be done at home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if you get it. It's not because of his hip injury, it's the fact that he's injury prone. The hip could've happened 3 years ago it would still be the same

I do get it, I just prefer analysts to analyze what they see on the field rather than worrying about injury history and being overly concerned about a field they aren't an expert in. (Unless they have inside knowledge on a current injury being career threatening)

People said Lamar wouldn't last in the NFL coming out cause his frame and game style would get pounded..., does it really matter if they are still talented enough to win an MVP in their second season? Or would some people really prefer an iron Man Andy Dalton style career where he accomplishes nothing?

Give me a the short shelf life of an injury prone guy with upside all day every day.

I do get it, I just prefer analysts to analyze what they see on the field rather than worrying about injury history and being overly concerned about a field they aren't an expert in. (Unless they have inside knowledge on a current injury being career threatening)

People said Lamar wouldn't last in the NFL coming out cause his frame and game style would get pounded..., does it really matter if they are still talented enough to win an MVP in their second season? Or would some people really prefer an iron Man Andy Dalton style career where he accomplishes nothing?

Give me a the short shelf life of an injury prone guy with upside all day every day.
Lamar Jackson hasn't shown to be injury prone tho. Having a thin frame doesn't make you injury prone. If anything it lessens the likelihood of muscle injuries. Just saying!

Lamar Jackson hasn't shown to be injury prone tho. Having a thin frame doesn't make you injury prone. If anything it lessens the likelihood of muscle injuries. Just saying!

I wasn't one of the people saying this. Just saying there were many who did. People thought of Vick and thought/think Lamar will get worked over the same and have a short career also.

That's what I mean, it's stupid to be worried about or projecting injuries if an independent doctor gives Tua the all clear.. I remember when people were saying similar about Nick Bosa last year. ...imagine being the ********* GM who passed on him cause of his significant injury history in college?

How did it work out for the Dolphins the last time they passed on a QB through fear of injury.?

Oh yea, they're still looking for one today after deciding Brees was too much of a risk.

Did Brees have multiple injuries tho

The doctor clearing tua is irrelevant. It's not the one injury that is the worry

If he can recover as quickly and as well as reported from that gruesome hip injury I'm seeing that as a positive. Won't get many worse injuries playing QB than that.

Brees issue was his throwing shoulder, far more pause for concern than lower body injuries like Tuas had. GMs too concerned with the medical only passed up then leagues all time leading passer.

Tua is going to answer my prayers......you see Ive been wanting a LH QB to become an all time great since 2004.

Why since 2004 you say? Lol, you don't remember the Cheifs winning 3 championships in a row after taking a chance in the 2004 NFL Draft on a unatheletic QB who would sling it all over the lot with a deadly accurate left arm cannon named Perry Nickerson? You're joking me? Nickerson is the reason Tony Gonzalez is consider the greatest TE of all time by some. Gonzalez's B2B 25 TD seasons with Nickerson delivering the ball to him on a rope will NEVER be broken.

Still can't remember?

Well, I don't blame you, as he was a player created by the good people at EA for Madden 2003, back when they actually could make a decent football game.

Tua to become the real life Perry Nickerson Ive been waiting 16 years for. Yay.

Antonio Brown has been charged with felony burglary conveyance, misdemeanor battery and misdemeanor criminal mischief from his January arrest.
Brown was originally charged with felony burglary with battery after fighting with a delivery truck driver outside his South Florida home, but that has since been dropped. These are still serious charges, though it's possible the state offers Brown a plea deal. Despite his off-field baggage, Brown remains committed to continuing his NFL career. He'll face discipline from the league once his legal situation is resolved.
SOURCE: ESPN
Apr 4, 2020, 12:41 PM ET

Remove this Banner Ad

Back