News New CEO - Andrew Fagan

Remove this Banner Ad

They have probably delayed the announcement because of the AFLW premiership, the sponsor wouldn't want the announcement to get lost in news about the women's side and the club wouldn't want the women's achievement to be overshadowed by an announcement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joined the group to see the responses to the questions, and credit to them was approved within a couple of minutes, and I think that the club having it's own group is a good idea and all of that but...

These person answers questions for half an hour things never turn out interesting. Basically every single time, start out answering a few questions in the first couple of minutes, then silence for 15 minutes then they cherry pick a few funny questions to finish off the half hour.

We're 20 minutes in and he's answered 3 questions, one of them about watching Peppa Pig.

Again, I don't blame the club this happens with these things every time no matter who is doing it.

But why not open up for questions for a couple of hours in the morning and then have someone in the media department actually choose some interesting ones and then have him go live on video to answer a dozen of them quickly.

Joined the group to see the responses to the questions, and credit to them was approved within a couple of minutes, and I think that the club having it's own group is a good idea and all of that but...

These person answers questions for half an hour things never turn out interesting. Basically every single time, start out answering a few questions in the first couple of minutes, then silence for 15 minutes then they cherry pick a few funny questions to finish off the half hour.

We're 20 minutes in and he's answered 3 questions, one of them about watching Peppa Pig.

Again, I don't blame the club this happens with these things every time no matter who is doing it.

But why not open up for questions for a couple of hours in the morning and then have someone in the media department actually choose some interesting ones and then have him go live on video to answer a dozen of them quickly.
Send him an email and suggest that.

Send him an email and suggest that.

I might do that, I have a little experience with these types of things so like I said, definitely not a blame the club for something else thing, it's how these things go most of the time and I appreciate the effort.

Looks like it's picking up again now.

I think they open up with best intentions to answer them as they come in and then too many questions come in so they go away and prepare a handful of answers to paste in towards the end or something haha.

I might do that, I have a little experience with these types of things so like I said, definitely not a blame the club for something else thing, it's how these things go most of the time and I appreciate the effort.

Looks like it's picking up again now.

I think they open up with best intentions to answer them as they come in and then too many questions come in so they go away and prepare a handful of answers to paste in towards the end or something haha.
Well I learnt no new information it was all PR spin, was pretty lacking, but that's because the questions were crap and weren't particulary probing.... He refused to answer any 'Hard' questions. Nothing that he said will be worth a write up in the Advertiser tomorrow.

Bruce Djite did one on twitter at the same time for Adelaide United and it was handled much better. He seemed much more personable and answered the 'Hard' questions as best he could, but he at least gave an answer.

I don't directly blame Fagan for what has happened in the last few weeks but it hasn't been a good month

Fagan didn't get Stengle drunk but he does run the club where the player felt they shouldn't report it for a few days. He then messed up the communication strategy, that part is directly on him.

The slip of the tounge about cutting eight players can happen to any body but sent everyone into a frenzy

Even today's news is not a hanging offence.

Overall I just feel it is time for a change though. I think he just has to much baggage. Not unlike Burton.

I don't directly blame Fagan for what has happened in the last few weeks but it hasn't been a good month

Fagan didn't get Stengle drunk but he does run the club where the player felt they shouldn't report it for a few days. He then messed up the communication strategy, that part is directly on him.

The slip of the tounge about cutting eight players can happen to any body but sent everyone into a frenzy

Overall I just feel it is time for a change though. I think he just has to much baggage. Not unlike Burton.
It certainly hasn't been a great run for Fages.

I've always quite liked him and thought he would end up being a CEO of Rugby Australia or something like that, but Fagan's star has dimmed significantly since he joined us. I actually think he is a very capable bloke, but he is surrounded by a system (board) he can't change. Chapman is rusted on. Roo is an idiot who makes key decisions and is unquestioned.

Here is a story I heard recently from a friend. One of the people being interviewed (I won't say who, but I know them personally) for one of our new roles, was down to the last few and at the pointy end of the process. During their interview, whilst presenting, Roo and Taylor Walker (he was sitting in on the interview) were on their phones, laughing, smirking and sending each other messages. Utterly unprofessional. I can tell you that this person withdrew their interest after the interview.

Our club is run by idiots, and I think Fagan has suffered as a result. The sooner Roo leaves the club the better.

It certainly hasn't been a great run for Fages.

I've always quite liked him and thought he would end up being a CEO of Rugby Australia or something like that, but Fagan's star has dimmed significantly since he joined us. I actually think he is a very capable bloke, but he is surrounded by a system (board) he can't change. Chapman is rusted on. Roo is an idiot who makes key decisions and is unquestioned.

Here is a story I heard recently from a friend. One of the people being interviewed (I won't say who, but I know them personally) for one of our new roles, was down to the last few and at the pointy end of the process. During their interview, whilst presenting, Roo and Taylor Walker (he was sitting in on the interview) were on their phones, laughing, smirking and sending each other messages. Utterly unprofessional. I can tell you that this person withdrew their interest after the interview.

Our club is run by idiots, and I think Fagan has suffered as a result. The sooner Roo leaves the club the better.

If someone can turn the fortunes around at Rugby Australia, it would be Fagan.

Off field we've done incredibly well under Fagan, especially following the very mediocre final few years of the Trigg regime. As you've said though, it's the likes of Chapman, Roo, Jameson et al that are holding the club back.

Has been here for 5 years, that's enough for me I reckon.

Since the parklands deal is dead in the short term he has no reason to hang around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back