News New CEO - Andrew Fagan

Remove this Banner Ad

I like you - but I don't believe a word of this.

Trying to work out which part as there were several components to the point. Or was it all incorrect. no dramas either way
The exit talk, end of season talk or contract talks From what I heard there were a few that was told they would have to earn the spot for next year, Which I personally hope was correct for most of the team. ie no golden tickets. no grantees spots in the best 22.
The bit about - Remove any bias and would he have played - He would have had more competition for his role in 2017 and to be honest the players pushing for that spot have a higher ceiling and more upside,
As for paying top dollar - would you pay good dollars for 2-3 years on a player you believe would struggle to get a game. from 2017 onwards.
The part about Thommo and him topping the stats - there a few article saying the same, And like it or not he did top the stats in key areas it was even reported on the Crows web site.

I wouldn't be massively surprised if Burton still pushed for guys like Thommo because he's known him for ages or Mackay because he's so professional and trains hard.

I'm not sure, from what I know of Burton is a very strong personality, as a player was extremely demanding of those he played with and not afraid to speak his mind. Certainly wasn't afraid to give an onfield spray.

I personally think Burton will be extremely good at the job, I think the issue is the time was wrong for such an internal performance and there's the question as to whether he's done his time to warrant such a senior role.

I like you - but I don't believe a word of this.

Pardon the intrusion, whether he's been told it by the club or not

The idea that Hampton, Knight, Menzel, CEY, Milera could displace Lyons in th best 22 seems pretty reasonable to me

I like Lyons but each of the above potentially has more to offer the midfield, especially from a complementary pov

on Fagan's watch, we've now gone from "won't field a competitive team in the AFLW" to

Inaugural Premiers
Rising Star
Pinklow (like the Brownlow but for Women)
Norma Smith
League MVP
5 All-Australians

along with the best feel-good story of the league, Sarah "cried after not being drafted" Perkins

He got us the team
He got us the coach
He got us the third flag*

*yeah, yeah, maybe not personally but he put the systems and processes in place to select these people.

I tip my hat to you, sir.

on Fagan's watch, we've now gone from "won't field a competitive team in the AFLW" to

Inaugural Premiers
Rising Star
Pinklow (like the Brownlow but for Women)
Norma Smith
League MVP
5 All-Australians

along with the best feel-good story of the league, Sarah "cried after not being drafted" Perkins

He got us the team
He got us the coach
He got us the third flag*

*yeah, yeah, maybe not personally but he put the systems and processes in place to select these people.

I tip my hat to you, sir.

I think Noble was very much in charge of setting up the women's team before he left, I wonder what he was thinking while watching the grandfinal.

I think Noble was very much in charge of setting up the women's team before he left, I wonder what he was thinking while watching the grandfinal.

I wonder how much he had to do with the Brisbane team then - sets up both the GF teams, with that kind of competence he'd never work in AFL House

I wonder how much he had to do with the Brisbane team then - sets up both the GF teams, with that kind of competence he'd never work in AFL House

No idea what he did at Brisbane, But I think from the start we took it very seriously and we did everything at the same level as we would with the men, from recruitment to training, we treated it like a serious competition we wanted to dominate. I think some of the other teams were sort of like "isn't it nice we are doing this for the women and pretending it's a real competition". Perhaps he took the same attitude to Brisbane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea what he did at Brisbane, But I think from the start we took it very seriously and we did everything at the same level as we would with the men, from recruitment to training, we treated it like a serious competition we wanted to dominate. I think some of the other teams were sort of like "isn't it nice we are doing this for the women and pretending it's a real competition". Perhaps he took the same attitude to Brisbane.

I think there were a number of teams who thought they would dominate because they had been involved in the exhibition games, but this league quickly became a step above that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back