• No

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Blind freddy can see how that away fixture benefits Richmond. Eddy must be mad - probably have done a deal that Collingwood gets the same deal in the next hub. Gifted an away game in SA v us probably...

They haven't been kissed on the dick by the fixture at all.

After being at Metricon for 3 matches prior to the Tigers clash, we should know the ground well and have home ground advantage.

And hopefully the players not in the 22 are spread around the stadium, to give us a mild noise of affirmation.

They haven't been kissed on the dick by the fixture at all.

After being at Metricon for 3 matches prior to the Tigers clash, we should know the ground well and have home ground advantage.
I think it’s more from the point of view that out of 10 Vic clubs (not sure exactly how many are coming to Perth this year), the reigning premier are getting a leg up by getting an “away” game against a direct rival at a neutral venue while avoiding the toughest trip in football, yet we will likely be travelling from Perth to Melbourne (the very same trip) to play them. If it’s Collingwood or Geelong it’s a little easier to take. But how the previous seasons best team can get any sort of fixture advantage is beyond me.

I guess the one saving grace is that with no crowds you could argue that neither Optus or the MCG would really be an advantage to either side and it would only be the travel seperating the two fixtures. Melbourne to GC is about half as far as Perth and while that’s still a far difference it’s not really anything to get overly annoyed at.

So how do Richmond in particular have a tough fixture then?

If you don't see how getting away with avoiding the most daunting trip in footy and coming to Perth in front of a hostile crowd (where they got belted by 47 points last time they played) and instead travel an hour north to play us a neutral venue, without a crowd is a big win for them...

Well then, you need to put down the Pepsi cola and switch to Pepsi Max.

We get 2 games at Metricon before the Richmond game comes around. We would have built up some degree of familiarity with the ground by that stage.

If they traveled to Perth, they would have traveled the day before the game. Now they travel up the day of the game off of a 5 day break. The trip from Melbourne to Brisbane isn't 1 hour, its 2.5 hours.

We are leaving the hub with 3 of our long haul trips (two Brisbane and one to Adelaide) done and dusted.

Richmond are playing Collingwood (contender), Hawthorn (will make finals this year- bookmark me), St Kilda at Marvel (they suck there) and Eagles in Brisbane (5 day break, with same day travel).

Given at one stage we were looking at playing Brisbane at Metricon counting as a home game.

The fixture is fair to us and there are other teams that have come out bigger losers than what we have.

We'll only play them once unless we meet in finals so this is it. But in 2021 you watch them revert the fixture and because it was WCE home game in 2020, we'll play them once, at the G, in 2021.
Thought we had a double up against them this year?

Edit: forgot the 17 games 🤦🏻‍♂️

I think it’s more from the point of view that out of 10 Vic clubs (not sure exactly how many are coming to Perth this year), the reigning premier are getting a leg up by getting an “away” game against a direct rival at a neutral venue while avoiding the toughest trip in football, yet we will likely be travelling from Perth to Melbourne (the very same trip) to play them. If it’s Collingwood or Geelong it’s a little easier to take. But how the previous seasons best team can get any sort of fixture advantage is beyond me.

I guess the one saving grace is that with no crowds you could argue that neither Optus or the MCG would really be an advantage to either side and it would only be the travel seperating the two fixtures. Melbourne to GC is about half as far as Perth and while that’s still a far difference it’s not really anything to get overly annoyed at.

Perth isn't the toughest trip in football this year.

Every other trip is playing the same day. Perth is going to be the exception to that rule.

Travelling to Gold Coast on the day of the match after a 5 day break is a much tougher task than flying to Perth the day before.

We get 2 games at Metricon before the Richmond game comes around. We would have built up some degree of familiarity with the ground by that stage.

If they traveled to Perth, they would have traveled the day before the game. Now they travel up the day of the game off of a 5 day break. The trip from Melbourne to Brisbane isn't 1 hour, its 2.5 hours.

We are leaving the hub with 3 of our long haul trips (two Brisbane and one to Adelaide) done and dusted.

Richmond are playing Collingwood (contender), Hawthorn (will make finals this year- bookmark me), St Kilda at Marvel (they suck there) and Eagles in Brisbane (5 day break, with same day travel).

Given at one stage we were looking at playing Brisbane at Metricon counting as a home game.

The fixture is fair to us and there are other teams that have come out bigger losers than what we have.
Have a quick look at the Richmond board to get a feel of how happy they are with the result

Come on Bruv.

Is this because i said Naitanui was unfit that one time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on Bruv.

Is this because i said Naitanui was unfit that one time?

That one time? You've been banging on about Fatanui since I joined the board.

This is a good fixture.

Based on what was possible, we get the reigning premiers on a 5 day break.

They could have sent us down to Melbourne in the middle of July (cold and wet), and the scales would have well and truly been tilted in their favour.

i dont want to get ahead of myself here, but there is a chance we will be 6-0 after all this.

Tv fresh prince of bel air the fresh prince of bel air GIF - Find ...

I want to know if we're still matched with Richmond twice this year and will the second game be at the MCG?

What a croc of s**t . Richmond have a great record at metricon although against gold coast unlike Optus.

An away game against us at a neutral venue .

Richmond have truly been kissed on the dick with this fixture so far .

They would have to travel to Optus later in the year for the Freo game

What a croc of s**t . Richmond have a great record at metricon although against gold coast unlike Optus.

An away game against us at a neutral venue .

Richmond have truly been kissed on the dick with this fixture so far .

They would have to travel to Optus later in the year for the Freo game

I think everyone has a great record at Metricon against that rabble.

Dale NoBalls at Freo wants to host the Derby this year to try and get some cash through the doors. I'd be pretty okay with that. It's the best away game we get and should form somewhere in a run of consecutive games at Optus. Any opposing views? For us I think the fixture is more important than the cash. We're going for a flag, Freo are just trying to stay alive.

Premier should open up the borders a week before the Richmond game and say it's our home game in Perth. lol
Borders will stay shut until the end of September imo. We better hope for a quarantine exemption for teams flying into Perth soon after this fixture block ends. And I doubt we can just move the game to Perth, these rounds are locked in.

Back