News 2 Collingwood players being investigated for COVID-19 Breach

Remove this Banner Ad

According to the AFL website, the Club is playing the compassionate clause in relation to his visit to Howe - give me strength.
Why would you be against that?
He was clearly visiting Howe on compassionate grounds. Seems you want him suspended for as long as possible.

We are lacking something. Killer instinct? Self discipline? Commitment? Brains? Possibly all the above. Not all down to Sidey of course, but I am now doubting that we have what it takes. Although we do have the talent!

Talent? All the top end talent likes to brain fart and put themselves on the sidelines, JDG, Stevo and now Sides. In fact we've been doing this throughout history.

On field brain farts at crucial times, J. Cloke in that prelim comes to mind. Phil Carmen, Tuddy on McKenna............ the list goes on.

Then there's injuries, key players fall to injury, a lot of them soft tissue, usually at crucial times.

There's not enough real estate on BF to list all the self infliction this clubs applies to itself. No wonder there is so much anger and frustration among the fans and members.

Any time there's a glimmer of hope and sometimes a highly likely successful season (flag), someone in the club has to do their bit and take away any and all hope. Like Sides right now.

It's funny the amount of resilience of us fans and members to constantly pony up the support of this mob year on year, given the lack of discipline among the club. I think the problem is with us just as much as the club itself. :mad: :triumph:

the point for me, they shouldn’t be in a position where they have to self report themselves.
I agree, but they were, so let’s try and reduce them penalty.

I would say none of the above VP. We have a good list and culture, just need some luck with injury, and to kick straight for goal.

So going by that logic, this conversation about Sides and Dunn putting themselves on the sideline and by extension hampering our chances doesn't exist.

Culture is the exact thing that has caused the frustration among the fans in this very conversation. Because of the non necessity in the first place.

Ok it's hardly a sin of non repent, not the point. The rules are there, they took a risk where they know or should've known the consequences and the club is penalized as a result.............................. yeah great culture.

So going by that logic, this conversation about Sides and Dunn putting themselves on the sideline and by extension hampering our chances doesn't exist.

Culture is the exact thing that has caused the frustration among the fans in this very conversation. Because of the non necessity in the first place.

Ok it's hardly a sin of non repent, not the point. The rules are there, they took a risk where they know or should've known the consequences and the club is penalized as a result.............................. yeah great culture.
A mistake has been made. It doesn’t mean we have a poor culture.

Talent? All the top end talent likes to brain fart and put themselves on the sidelines, JDG, Stevo and now Sides. In fact we've been doing this throughout history.
On field brain farts at crucial times, J. Cloke in that prelim comes to mind. Phil Carmen, Tuddy on McKenna............ the list goes on.
Then there's injuries, key players fall to injury, a lot of them soft tissue, usually at crucial times.
There's not enough real estate on BF to list all the self infliction this clubs applies to itself. No wonder there is so much anger and frustration among the fans and members.
Any time there's a glimmer of hope and sometimes a highly likely successful season (flag), someone in the club has to do their bit and take away any and all hope. Like Sides right now.
It's funny the amount of resilience of us fans and members to constantly pony up the support of this mob year on year, given the lack of discipline among the club. I think the problem is with us just as much as the club itself. :mad: :triumph:
do we need an anti-brain fart, hard arse thread that spells out how freakin hard it is to win a flag and that small co^k ups - especially in sequence, even in parallel can derail what we are breathlessly hoping for - year in year out, decade in decade out......... sigh again

I have read articles which mention Collingwood self-reporting the breaches to the AFL but nothing about how Collingwood discovered them?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Fair enough, result is still the same. The playing group haven’t been compromised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One question, who else could you support, it’s Really not our fault, it’s our burden at times

A mistake has been made. It doesn’t mean we have a poor culture.

Mistakes are constantly made, at crucial times by key players, like right now. Stevo, JDG, Cloke and Swan just in recent years - it's constant.

Have a look at the bigger picture or keep sticking your head in the sand................. think I know what you'll do.

Mistakes are constantly made, at crucial times by key players, like right now. Stevo, JDG, Cloke and Swan just in recent years - it's constant.

Have a look at the bigger picture or keep sticking your head in the sand................. think I know what you'll do.
Only bad news is reported. If you look at the big picture it is clear this group have a great connection and purpose.

how much did it help Stevo, because it is Sidey (And Collingwood) this will be used as a means to make a point.
That’s definitely a possibility.

Should of said they were waging a 2 man protest outside Howeys place against knee injuries. That seems to be ok with the morons that run the state.

The morons who run the state aren't the ones making these rules or doling out the penalties.

Last edited:
Only bad news is reported. If you look at the big picture it is clear this group have a great connection and purpose.

Yeah and now no Sides on top of on an injured Howie. Bad news good news is irrelevant, we are now hampered to win that elusive flag because Sides and Dunn self inflicted and now the club is penalized - again!

It's like a broken record, almost year in year out a key players f**** it up for everyone else.

But hey nothing to see here right Jmac?

I would say none of the above VP. We have a good list and culture, just need some luck with injury, and to kick straight for goal.
that will be most welcome, a great relief and widely cheered
Edit / PS - for set shots it ain't THAT HARD - STRAIGHT LINES BOYS - LINING UP, BALL DROP, FOLLOW THROUGH ETC ETC cheers for now

If Sidey cops 3-4 weeks, how does that impact him joining the hub in Perth?

He misses Essendon, Brisbane, Geelong, WCE. Does he have to quarantine to play Freo?

Can just see Chris Scott this morning grinning from ear to ear waiting for Eddie to come out and tell us exactly what happened LOL
Not sure of the tie in with your post, not the first thing I thought of.

Maybe he is grinning because one of his players got stabbed and the result was 'move on, nothing to see here'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back