News 2 Collingwood players being investigated for COVID-19 Breach

Remove this Banner Ad

Question..... why is an afl player, 4 weeks into the season, drinking all night... these guys are professional..

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great question, here's more, do Collingwood have bans on players drinking during the season? If not why not? If so are they going to apply further punishment from the club? And if so are Collingwood going to advise their members who pony up the cash every year?

The same members who pony up their cash in a bid to help win their club a flag, y'know the supposed highly professional sporting organization.

Or is that too much to ask Collingwood? Let unprofessional ism slide I guess, year on year, we'll still accept it.

But me being forever in false hope will pony up my cash (no game donation) for a membership no doubt, coz y'know 'it's just round the corner'.

My own fault I guess.

Having to be taken home by the johnnies after being found shirtless wandering the streets drunk as a skunk and "unable to remember" what has transpired the next day was always going to be viewed dimly, no matter what the prevailing circumstances are.

I suspect a member of the leadership group at any club found to be have done something similar would at least be given a couple of weeks off by (the rest of) the leadership group under normal circumstances. so throw a couple of weeks on top for the iso-breaches and this seems not unreasonable.

Might not be the last we've heard of this story - he's got a chance to mull over how he's let the rest of the team down so maybe his leadership group position might be in play, although the club is probably a bit too soft in general to take that sort of action without the players arriving at that sort of outcome themselves.

Trust you to construe the club's official statement in the worst possible way. You do not follow the Pies mate. You just come on here to troll and stir up angry debate with your provacative posting.
I have NEVER noticed you on this board, celebrating with all the other Pie supporters, after a big win eg after the Saints game 2 weeks ago. Yet I knew you'd be prominent in this thread, like a fly to dog poo.

Yeah like majority of people, I don’t watch 4.40 games, but hey if beating bottom sides brings you all such joy, then it’s obvious how far this club has fallen under Buckley.

Let’s see how we do against a club who just lost to Carlton...

Having to be taken home by the johnnies after being found shirtless wandering the streets was always going to be viewed dimly no matter what the prevailing circumstances are.

I suspect a member of the leadership group at any club found to be have done something similar would at least be given a couple of weeks off by (the rest of) the leadership group under normal circumstances. so throw a couple of weeks on top for the iso-breaches and this seems not unreasonable.
What if he had kept his shirt on?

As Samson was wont to say, “You’re supposed to lose your strength when you lose your hair Steele, not your brain”.

Yeah like majority of people, I don’t watch 4.40 games, but hey if beating bottom sides brings you all such joy, then it’s obvious how far this club has fallen under Buckley.

Let’s see how we do against a club who just lost to Carlton...
If you knew more about the game you might know that the Saints are far from a bottom team, having knocked off the reigning premier the week after they lost to us.

You are a clog of the biggest variety ... it’s a forum I’ll make it about Eddie if I Want
This is actually a really common sentiment around here, are you absolutely certain you don’t support Collingwood?

If you knew more about the game you might know that the Saints are far from a bottom team, having knocked off the reigning premier the week after they lost to us.

The same Richmond who have been s**t ever since the restart? The same Richmond Collingwood couldn’t beat. I wasn’t in here after that disgusting performance despite your claims I only appear when the side sucks.

The fact the only thing that has gone right since restart is beating St Kilda I can see why you want to talk it up.

The same Richmond who have been sh*t ever since the restart? The same Richmond Collingwood couldn’t beat. I wasn’t in here after that disgusting performance despite your claims I only appear when the side sucks.

The fact the only thing that has gone right since restart is beating St Kilda I can see why you want to talk it up.
Quelle surprise! Eddiesmith putting his negative spin on things. Despite your trolling Richmond still remain the reigning premiers and a very difficult side to beat.
So if we win, it's who did we beat? If we lose, you stick the boots in. Never change Pommie Shop Steward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Lachie Hunter drink drives,crashes his car,and then runs away from the police,and gets four weeks for all of that.And Sidebtoom drinks at a team mate’s house,doesn’t drive or endanger anyone’s lives and he gets exactly the same penalty?Obvously there’s a loading for Collingwood players in these sorts of situations.
Did the players have the official COVID protocol back then? That could be be one reason. I suppose also Sidebottom was hit with 3 separate breaches. In any case, given what happened only a week or so earlier with McKenna and Essendon, he should cop a week for being so stupid.

Quelle surprise! Eddiesmith putting his negative spin on things. Despite your trolling Richmond still remain the reigning premiers and a very difficult side to beat.
So if we win, it's who did we beat? If we lose, you stick the boots in. Never change Pommie Shop Steward.

Yeah very hard, just because a Buckley side couldn’t kick a goal in 2.5 qtr of football doesn’t mean the opposition is great. So far we’ve drawn and lost to two shades who have been easily defeated in their other two matches, hardly worth celebrating.

I’m sure you’ll have the excuses ready when we lose to Essendon, are they are a quality side too??

Seriously, this Robinson flog is the biggest hypocritical piece of sh*t I’ve ever seen.

You aint seen nothing yet PN....wait till her "Ladyship" gets stuck in....
All the media say:
Ahhhh Collingwood FC....The gift that just keeps giving

Yeah very hard, just because a Buckley side couldn’t kick a goal in 2.5 qtr of football doesn’t mean the opposition is great. So far we’ve drawn and lost to two shades who have been easily defeated in their other two matches, hardly worth celebrating.

I’m sure you’ll have the excuses ready when we lose to Essendon, are they are a quality side too??
I can almost guarantee if we beat Essendon we won't be hearing from you (unless its to highlight how badly we played or how badly Buckley coached). Bookmark it.

I cant understand how he is still employed.
Absolute ******* disgrace. So we “need” to know every step Steele took Saturday night? Why wasn’t Jack Steven asked the same? If Steele plays the mental health card is it all forgiven and he’ll be given some privacy. This flog will be like a dog with a bone with this, especially as who the Pies are playing Friday night. How convenient.

Absolute ******* disgrace. So we “need” to know every step Steele took Saturday night? Why wasn’t Jack Steven asked the same? If Steele plays the mental health card is it all forgiven and he’ll be given some privacy. This flog will be like a dog with a bone with this, especially as who the Pies are playing Friday night. How convenient.
He's been given his penalty, that should be the end of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back