Reilly O'Brien: Nicnat lazy and unfit, I'll have a field day

Remove this Banner Ad

This is fantastic. Nobody gave a crap about games with Adelaide this season but now suddenly, this game seems a lot more interesting. Naitanui is the type to take it personally I reckon. Plus there's something to it, Naitanui certainly isn't the fittest or hardest working ruck out there, so it'll rub all the more.

Nicnat is the opposite of lazy. Goes in harder and gives more effort per possession and contest than probably anyone in the game. It's not a fitness issue, it's a playing style that's just not conducive to playing 85-90% of the game, because nobody could physically do it. He's one of the best contested ball winners in the league, and is probably the most impactful and effective player in the league on a per-minute basis.

But let's not let the truth get in the way of a good story, and let's pretend that someone from the Sam Jacobs School of Keepings-Off Ruck Fraudulence is more effective :rolleyes:
Grundy doesn't take big leaps at the centre bounces all that often but otherwise he does the same follow up and ground level work, manages to play 86% game time this year (and 89% of longer games last year) and can find the effort to run around the ground to take marks and get some uncontested possessions. So does Goldstein. So does Gawn, who obviously doesn't move like Nic at stoppages but has to move a few more centimetres of body up and down the field.

One look at Nic Nat will tell you he's often carrying plenty of condition and given he's had so many injuries that isn't really a surprise, he's not going to be doing 15km a training session. But he's been fortunate to be in a good side for a lot of his career and being a popular player so has escaped criticism for not getting back in better shape and playing more game time faster.

O'Brien is going to use his advantgae of Nic which is he's far fitter and he should try to run him all over the ground and take marks. That's no different to a fit tagger trying to run off a gun midfielder.

This is fantastic. Nobody gave a crap about games with Adelaide this season but now suddenly, this game seems a lot more interesting. Naitanui is the type to take it personally I reckon. Plus there's something to it, Naitanui certainly isn't the fittest or hardest working ruck out there, so it'll rub all the more.
Nah, you're way of the money there, he a very easy going bloke but definitely gives his all when he's on the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL/Channel 7 need to get Reilly signed up to a media side deal STAT

More racist disgusting conduct from a racist disgusting club.

Adelaide crows are just pure rabble.

Complete disgrace.

Whole culture is 1950s white disgrace bogan. Led by Mark Ricciuto

Rabble.

I love it how there was so much froth pouring from your facial orifices as you typed this that you didn't bother with grammar checks.

9.5 out of 10 melt.

I mean obviously not the most eloquent way of putting it but Nic Nat has always struggled aerobically and O’Brien should be looking to expose him in that area. The problem is NN was always gonna maul him in the ruck contests which is gonna make him look stupid now that this has been released

Kidna like the players who need to write "RUN" on their wrist tape to remind themselves to do their most basic of jobs.

Plenty do it. Lungs bursting, heart beating out of your chest it's tempting to take a break, seeing the words can get your arse moving.

Whether that's 3 minutes into the match because you are a fat sack of s**t, or with 3 minutes to go, it still serves it's purpose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back