Autopsy Freo 61 - 49 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing what JLO has been able to do with one tall backman and five mid sized defenders. Imagine what he could do with a fully fit list.

Tonight was the most excited I’ve been about our future midfield. Darcy, Serong, Cerra and Brayshaw all 22 or younger and held up to Grundy, Adams, Treloar and Sidebottom.

Amazing what JLO has been able to do with one tall backman and five mid sized defenders. Imagine what he could do with a fully fit list.

Tonight was the most excited I’ve been about our future midfield. Darcy, Serong, Cerra and Brayshaw all 22 or younger and held up to Grundy, Adams, Treloar and Sidebottom.
I agree. There were so many positives with intensity, pressure and goal kicking accuracy. A great win.:D

I thought Frederick was an unsung hero. Maybe you don't see on TV, but he was running around like a madman. Chasing everybody. Caused a lot of panic and had a big impact even if he didn't touch it much.
Interesting. I thought he looked lost on TV and called for him to be dropped on the changes thread but I love the guy so I'm happy to defer to your judgement.

Our midfield worked really well tonight. Mostly without Fyfe too.

Hopefully puts an end to Walters in the middle. Unnecessary and he has so much more to offer forward.
Agree totally, if the midfield can stand up enough that we have Fyfe mixing forward and Walters always forward that will be massive for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Frederick was an unsung hero. Maybe you don't see on TV, but he was running around like a madman. Chasing everybody. Caused a lot of panic and had a big impact even if he didn't touch it much.
Freddy was always two steps closer to the player forcing them to kick or handball a second or two early. It’s only his third game and he’ll get the hang of it in time

Applies an insane amount of off the ball pressure, was responsible for that Moore turnover. Would love to see him get more reward for his effort.

My thoughts exactly. He may not get a lot of ball yet, but his speed closes down a lot of open space. That kind of forward pressure is priceless. Ballantyne 2.0

Serong how good!
Tabs most important game in his career.
Mundy a jet.
Ryan should be AA

Still think Darcy is a liability especially around the ground. Matera might be dropped after that. Blakely pretty average disposal.

100%.

I was at home But Frederick seem to be always in screen.

I agree his off ball running was crazy good.

You know what makes me happy. When the chips are down Freo boys really find a way. I guess for me it can parallel my life because I have been down and kicked numerous times while I’m there but I find I way to keep fighting. Just like my misshapen Freo boys. How was that quality kick for goal Tabs. I love FREO.

Just needs to balance up a bit in the last couple of steps and work on his technique a bit but his work rate was unbelievable

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back