Game Day Rd 12: Crows vs Dogs (@Metricon 12:35pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Great exoerience Sloane. Centred ball, misses target by 10m, turnover, goal.
Kane McGoodwin - this is what I'm taking about.

He's lost his intensity and tackling, and his poor disposal is getting worse
I was hoping we would have some players who would improve our skill level.

Roey's disposal has been poor for most of the year, and I can only assume he will be rusty after quite a few weeks out.

Dropping him earlier this year was bizarre. Did not deserve it
Prepare for his axing next week, can't be that handy on field when our senior mids fail.

He'll be reprimanded

Yeah nah, our mids need to learn from opposition mids who can read O'Brien's tap work far better than they can. He fed it to them all day.
Around the ground he is fantastic. But we can’t get that smashed in the middle and ROB not be part of it. Against someone like dunkley ROB should be putting where he wants but he can’t. His tap work is not great.
it needs to improve to help with the midfield.

As a Melbourne based supporter, I use to go to the MCC members alot for the Dees games. I always use to wonder why their supporters never seemed to care despite the thrashings and embarrassing defeats. Why they were more interested in sitting in the bar than watching a game. I know why now after that last half of ours. So many positives to half time, so many negatives after

You do know the team just flew very early this morning who just played their last game on Tuesday night and played a game against the "home" team who have been in the hub with a 8 days break don't you???? This is simply a WTF season.
Now lets measure it up against all the other teams who've done the exact same thing this season.

Around the ground he is fantastic. But we can’t get that smashed in the middle and ROB not be part of it. Against someone like dunkley ROB should be putting where he wants but he can’t. His tap work is not great.
it needs to improve to help with the midfield.
Incorrect. A ruckman has limited options when the ball is bounced (unless it's a perfect bounce). Our mids don't read the likely drop zones in centre clearances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tries hard but he is part of the midfield that has gotten flogged. Simply doesn’t do enough with his tap work. Especially against some of the rucks in this game.
God you're a hard marker. Hes has been at the drop of the ball more than any player on our team.
His work rate is exceptional and it's not his fault our midfield is void of structure.
Sure his tap work isn't always great but he plays a lone hand.
Who is his replacement... Himmelberg?
Strachan?
Frampton?
The cupboard is bare.
O'Brien is not the problem.

Incorrect. A ruckman has limited options when the ball is bounced (unless it's a perfect bounce). Our mids don't read the likely drop zones in centre clearances.
They're still getting used to a ruck who has more moves than "drop it to my feet"

Kid has to learn, playing his 3rd game in 12 days or something stupid.

Smith is a jet, but Harry will be great
I thought Schoenberg showed plenty today.... Bailey Smith is going to be an absolute star of the competition and the most damaging midfielder we've seen for years. 811 metres gained is unbelievable for a player that wins a lot of his ball in congestion

He wasn’t up against a proper ruckman half the time. If you think ruckman can’t do much at a center bounce you have no idea.

Exactly. His last game for the club then

I'm fairly sure they both came at half back in the last few minutes as well.
Yep. His last game because he stopped trying and sooked.

God you're a hard marker. Hes has been at the drop of the ball more than any player on our team.
His work rate is exceptional and it's not his fault our midfield is void of structure.
Strachan?
Frampton?
The cupboard is bare.
Like I said the midfield is the major issue. ROB is our best option in ruck no doubt. But is his tap work good enough at this level? Part of it is getting better mids in their but the tap work is a part of it was well.

Strachan?
Frampton?
The cupboard is bare.
Correct ROB last 3 weeks have been 1st class, mind you Tim English is not a Ruckman's bootlace but he proved against Gawn and Grundy he's more than competitive with the "big boys".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back