• Thilthorpe

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Brown

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • O'Brien

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Battle hardened as in a larger residual tank due to years of pre seasons. Compared to a relatively new player that missed a couple of months.
It’s not hard to understand why they would be treated differently

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yep really have no issue with not playing Worrell off 3 hammies in 3 months then 2 games back … if there’s a plan to bring him in after a month I’m all for it

That’s an ‘IF’ though , let’s hope that’s the plan

Definitely have an issue with not picking Borlaise this week given his development and also the fact that if he doesn’t play in this scenario then when does he play ? What is the point even ?

As for subs it’s getting closer to the point that we just pick whatever gives us best winning chance

In the end we don’t want to be a development club kicking can down road , sometimes you just need to go for it and finish as high as you can

It will be a huge positive eventually when the age of our list goes up presuming we continue to bring good players in , that’s what we need to do from here

Just looking ahead at the draw and we have very many very tough games. It is not out of the realms of possibility that we end up 15th on the ladder. HOWEVER, and it’s a big however, a win tomorrow against St Kilda will really buffer us from that kind of outcome.
This game is so important.

I hope I’m proved wrong but the Parnell selection doesn’t excite me. He seems too small to be effective and his disposal doesn’t look as good as some here describe it. As I stated, I hope I’m proved wrong.

How do you do that though? Supporters won’t wait as we see on this board. Already with the second youngest and second least experienced list we have people on here calling for most of the coaches and executives of the clubs heads. Even though with a bit of better execution - and I would argue if round 1 wasn’t freakishly humid - we would be 6-2, 7-1.

So if we are not winning now then list management, most of the coaches should lose their jobs for incompetence

If we win then we are just trying to scrap into the 8, finish rebuild early and will put a ceiling on how high we can go

Are they the options? Because to get another high draft we will need to lose majority of games for the rest of the year?

How does Nicks “win” with his current squad

IF my auntie had ……..

I hope I’m proved wrong but the Parnell selection doesn’t excite me. He seems too small to be effective and his disposal doesn’t look as good as some here describe it. As I stated, I hope I’m proved wrong.
I think he deserves a look to be one of the first called up based on form. That said I'm a bit with you, I haven't been as impressed by him at AFL level as some here who tout his disposal. I really dislike his dinky 7m kicks that sell team mates into trouble so I hope he's not doing those tomorrow. I do hope he comes in proves me wrong & plays really well. Doesn't need to cement a spot, just needs to show he's got a future at the level as his strength will continue to build over time.

You use Crouch as a sub because it's better to let our younger players develop with a full game in the SANFL.
The last part is fine - but Crab only has 1 role

A sub should be flexible enough to play between the arcs ie McHenry , Hateley etc

If Crouch is sub and he comes on - where does he go and is that the best fit for the side?

He's getting a game because Murray was concussed which seems a strange in by Nicks as I would have preferred Worrell in for Murray and Milera out for Parnell. If he puts in a better performance than Sholl and Milera for a couple of weeks then they should be first out imo. He isn't soft like Sholl but he needs to put a bit more weight on so he doesn't get thrown around which with the new rules shouldn't happen as much anyway. I think Parnell should release it at times instead of getting wrapped up in the tackle.

Just looking ahead at the draw and we have very many very tough games. It is not out of the realms of possibility that we end up 15th on the ladder. HOWEVER, and it’s a big however, a win tomorrow against St Kilda will really buffer us from that kind of outcome.
9AA36462-95AB-44AA-9253-7EF359D0D6C8.jpeg
Many, many, very, very tough games.

Surely this is the game where everyone is on notice whereby a 'poor' effort/performance will result in being dropped.

We need to stop being arrogant at selection.

Surely this is the game where everyone is on notice whereby a 'poor' effort/performance will result in being dropped.

We need to stop being arrogant at selection.

4 wins, a 1 point loss to the flag favourite and a gallant but outclassed loss to the reigning premiers at a ground we haven’t won at when we were finishing top 6 or making prelims

I don’t think keeping this group together so far could be called arrogant

I agree that changes will need to be made with another loss or two

4 wins, a 1 point loss to the flag favourite and a gallant but outclassed loss to the reigning premiers at a ground we haven’t won at when we were finishing top 6 or making prelims

I don’t think keeping this group together so far could be called arrogant

I agree that changes will need to be made with another loss or two

The pies didn't play anywhere near their best against us. They were ripe for the taking just as Geelong was ripe for the taking last night. We should be sitting at 6 and 2 but would that make us any better of a side? It wouldn't as far as contending goes but it would mean that we don't waste shots at goal. Nicks needs to be more bold at selection.

Any home game is a potential win - games to come at home against Saints, Lions, Eagles, Kangaroos, Giants, Gold Coast , Sydney and Power. If we play with the same intensity as we did against Collingwood but kick straighter, we could win most of them.

Away games to Bullies, Gold Coast (Darwin), Collingwood, Essendon, Melbourne, Brisbane and West Coast - a few possibilities in that lot being GC, Essendon and Weagles.

You use Crouch as a sub because it's better to let our younger players develop with a full game in the SANFL.
Lol, what?

We should be using our sub as an impact players to win games in the balance.

... & you were critical of me saying we would miss finals because I said we have dropped winnable games.

Whilst part of the reason is inexperience... another part is picking poor sub option in half our games.

Sub could be used for smart player management... but our selectors are dumb arises. Eg. Should use Sloane as a sub to manage him. Same for others.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game worries me… sunny 23 degrees and dry and because we’re playing a Ross Lyon coached team its going to be a grind in which 10 goals wins the game.

Obviously it would be very rare to be dropped after one bad game, with good form prior. Players that I think could potentially be dropped if they don't perform vs Stkilda would be:

Milera
Sholl
Butts
Rachelle
Smith
Keays
Thilthorpe

I would not drop Rachelle or Thilthorpe personally.

Just about everyone else could be carried again unless they played absolutely shockingly.

Could also rest Walker or Fogarty.
Both Milera & Sholl should be sub options... allowing the likes of Worrell & Cook given full games.

That may have been the case the last few years when the sub was a 'medical sub' and only came in if there was an injury. But now we are back to the tactical sub that can be brought on at any time, it needs to be a player that can come on and impact the game. Crouch is not an impact player.

Just looking ahead at the draw and we have very many very tough games.
smug donald trump GIF by Election 2016

The pies didn't play anywhere near their best against us. They were ripe for the taking just as Geelong was ripe for the taking last night. We should be sitting at 6 and 2 but would that make us any better of a side? It wouldn't as far as contending goes but it would mean that we don't waste shots at goal. Nicks needs to be more bold at selection.
Geelong at GHMBA is very different to Geelong at the MCG and they kick as poorly as our 3.10 which in the end cost them the game.

Are the games as tough as Collingwood and Geelong at GHMBA who we just played in the last few weeks.......???

The half of AFL footy wasted on Crouch last week was just a massive error.

He had zero impact on the game.

Whats better for a player like Cook's development? Playing his 5th straight game against plumbers in the crappy SANFL or a half of footy at the cattery alongside AFL quality players?

Think we all know the answer.

So why did we make a younger player the travelling emergency and not play a game at all?

Back