Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Brown

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • O'Brien

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 5 Episode 20 GIF by The Simpsons

Why wouldn't the coaches be trying to make the 8? Would you prefer they aim for bottom 4 again?
I was clear that i feel we are still in a development phase and we should be bringing in more younger players to see what they have got. Rewarding players consistently for poor performances and not switching them out to try some of tge younger players is not how i would be rolling...hence my comment

It’s not so much the ‘analysis’ - it’s the relentless glass half empty complaining that I find depressing.
Just need a bit of balance

Some things deserve criticism

Might be one of those cases .. I think the worse thing is it shows a lack of trust in the development of some of our key backs

We should always back in what we’ve got and what we are developing

I was clear that i feel we are still in a development phase and we should be bringing in more younger players to see what they have got. Rewarding players consistently for poor performances and not switching them out to try some of tge younger players is not how i would be rolling...hence my comment
Plenty of valid criticisms of our selection but saying we aren’t playing enough younger players isn’t one of them

We are clearly playing youth and have for last 3 years

It’s more about errors like not trusting our young key backs like Borlaise to step in

Which can absolutely be traced back to the refusal to play two tall defenders.
Yes, yes it can. It's yet another dumb decision by a club that thinks it's smarter than it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a little bemused by the disappointment with one change and a small for a tall. We pushed the reigning premier until late in the 4th at a ground that away teams never win at. A week after losing to the best performed side so far this year by 1 point, mainly because of poor kicking for goal. That after four consecutive wins.

If you don't reward those performances as a team, when are you going to?

Parnell for Murray is a calculated risk and I think they went that way because Worrell isn't ready and because of what they saw from Hinge last week. We should be way more focused on their best-in-league defense than their below average attack anyway.

Plenty of valid criticisms of our selection but saying we aren’t playing enough younger players isn’t one of them

We are clearly playing youth and have for last 3 years

It’s more about errors like not trusting our young key backs like Borlaise to step in
CTID never said we arent playing enough younger players - he said he wants to see more rewarded

Is Crouch a part of our future? I say no - so why continue to play him? And I dont need to hear ' to develop his value' - his value is well known - it wont change by us playing him

Is Milera in enough good form where we cant reward someone else?

On to Worrell and only fitness holding him back.

We know Murray will be straight back in.

Forget who you would drop for Worrell, think who Nicks will actually drop and you’ll realise Worrell could be out for awhile. Unless Sholl is replaced by Hinge.

Because you want to rebuild fully, not finish it 3/4 of the way through.
At some point you need to back the group you have and start pushing for wins. Our team has naturally progressed into a team in the 6-10 range and our coaches are not going to deliberately leave players out to try and drop down the ladder and get a better draft pick.

And it's not like we don't have a heap of kids in the side anyway, we are still of of the youngest sides in the comp.

I would also love 1 more year to hit the draft and finally grab that top 5 pick blue chip mid that our team needs, but our team is now out of that part of the rebuild and we just have to go with it.

At some point you need to back the group you have and start pushing for wins. Our team has naturally progressed into a team in the 6-10 range and our coaches are not going to deliberately leave players out to try and drop down the ladder and get a better draft pick.

And it's not like we don't have a heap of kids in the side anyway, we are still of of the youngest sides in the comp.

I would also love 1 more year to hit the draft and finally grab that top 5 pick blue chip mid that our team needs, but our team is now out of that part of the rebuild and we just have to go with it.
Yeah it’s the midfield we are still sorely lacking.
The game before laird was a possible out people were losing their s**t.
Had we looked at the midfield before now this might have been the year we start pushing.

I 100% agree with that and we should not be keeping players in the side when they are not performing. But they still should be aiming to finish top 8, which is the comment I was replying to. No coach in the league would be deliberately leaving players out to try and miss finals and get a better draft pick.

Yeah it’s the midfield we are still sorely lacking.
The game before laird was a possible out people were losing their s**t.
Had we looked at the midfield before now this might have been the year we start pushing.
Caleb Serong in the side would be pretty handy right now 😭

Is Milera in enough good form where we cant reward someone else?
No.
His continued selection is a mystery to me.
There must be something that the Coaches/Selectors see that keeps him in the side. Maybe they're hoping he will "come good", and justify both his contract and unearned retention.
(I'd love it if he played out of his skin on Sunday in a breakout game and kept going from there, but on current form I can't see it)
Is Crouch a part of our future? I say no - so why continue to play him?
No, but the "part of our future" measuring stick applies also to Tex, Laird, Smith and Sloane.
It's more about impact and value to the team that affects his (and their) selection.
Crouch's impact/value was there for all to see last week.
He's a possession-getter, but does next to nothing with them.

Why continue to play him? F'ed if I k.

Back