Autopsy vs Collingwood - Round 13 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Shaw is morphing into Brad. “We played really good” No we didn’t!
“Collingwood are a really good side.” No they’re not!
I was a true believer but now my belief is getting really shaken. I know we are playing the kids but don’t bullshit us Shawry.

One piece of advice from Bobby Charlton:

‘You don’t score if you don’t shoot.’

Our forwards wanted a written note from Rhyce before they’d take a shot.

Dunno how many times we had clean possession 20-30 metres out and they went for that extra, stupid handball.

This might go against modern thinking, but I'd love a small forward who thinks he exists to kick goals (as well as chasing down blokes, create pressure etc etc). I wouldn't be fussed if he didn't have an ironically bad haircut, or if he occasionally ate his neighbours cats or even if he starts a land war in Asia, just as long as he kicks goals instead of giving a short handball to a teammate under pressure.

Well we still cant score.

For the tip
Ahern, Wood, Hosie.

Marleys kicking is terrible.

Higgins couldn't hit the side of a barn the whole game.

Zurhaar didn't get involved much, Neither did Larkey

Liked seeing EVW back, he can really play.
Goldy Got the better of Grundy, he looked strong, Grundy couldn't move him was nice to see.
Tarrant treated Cox with such disdain it was rather comical

Lmac and Jed good games ad LDU looks decent out there too.

Anyway that's the end of that shitshow.
5 s**t shows to go!

Our key forwards and mid forwards are highly disfunctional as a unit.

Dangerous individually but have seemingly no ability to identify and implement a block of screen. Was very evident last week as well.

Will come in time.
Our most experienced player in the forward line tonight was Mason Wood. We'll get there for sure.

I was a true believer but now my belief is getting really shaken. I know we are playing the kids but don’t bullshit us Shawry.
Don't listen.

Watch.

I will add that I watched the entire thing on mute which likely altered my perception of things as I was far more relaxed than I would have been listening to the brain trust of the commentary booth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This might go against modern thinking, but I'd love a small forward who thinks he exists to kick goals (as well as chasing down blokes, create pressure etc etc). I wouldn't be fussed if he didn't have an ironically bad haircut, or if he occasionally ate his neighbours cats or even if he starts a land war in Asia, just as long as he kicks goals instead of giving a short handball to a teammate under pressure.
Like daicos did tonight,

This pissed me off. There was zero pressure and bruise free footy tonight

We just got beat by a lazy 5 goals by a team that has just as many or more players missing than us.
We have been decimated by injuries and our skill level is horrid, but we have also been poorly coached this year too.

We started the season off with the strict down the line game plan. Then there were a couple of games where we seemed happy to run and handball our way into trouble through the middle of the ground. And now it’s this short kick possession game in the backline which I guess has been there for most of the year but it seemed more prevalent tonight. I don’t know to what purpose it serves? I don’t think the players know either?

Are we trying to switch the play or kick our way through a zone? It doesn’t look like either. It had to be part of the pre-planning tonight because too often it was the players first instinct to kick it sideways or backwards.

Even Higgins and Lmac got sucked into it. Higgins kicked it 10m sideways to Lmac and Lmac kicked it 10m straight back to Higgins. Neither of them moved, neither of them looked for another option. It was bewildering.

The camera panned to Shaw sitting on the bench alone after the game finished. He looked like he was in a daze, like he didn’t know what he was going to do next.

I saw Higgins face too after the siren. It was one of disgust. I’d love to know what he was thinking right then. It would be a great insight.

More like Young Hearts Run Free from the Baz Luhrmann R and J

Will now deny to dance? she that makes dainty,
She, I'll swear, hath corns; am I come near ye now?
Welcome, gentlemen! I have seen the day
That I have worn a visor and could tell
A whispering tale in a fair lady's ear,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back