Autopsy Round 16, 2020: St.Kilda v Hawthorn *GEARY 200TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah

Abbott didn't have to do a lot to get that goal other than stand the mark and watch the turnover come straight back in. He was ordinary but I guess it lightened the load of the other two which I think was the goal.

You can't tell me Marsh offers the same as Membrey even with Membrey in bad form.

I'm getting a bit frustrated with what we are doing with Battle. Looked dangerous forward but finished the game down back again. Is that because we didn't play Carlisle?

The obsession with him being a swing man seems strange.
I think Battle went down back just to help slow us down in the last quarter.

When practising tight game scenarios at training, it is usually Membrey who assumes that role. With no Membrey, it made sense that its was Battle.

Sinclair is the biggest positive for me.

The last few games he has become a pivotal player in our midfield.

Unlike most of our other players he has composure and doesn't rush his disposals, he featured in a lot of our good plays today.

Hill was the same, he didn't rush his disposals and stopped and propped so he could to take the best option.

Too many of our players just get the ball and rush a kick or handball to no one rather than just take a moment or two to hit a target.

We still aren't playing well, kept a bottom 4 team playing a bunch of kids in the game when we should have buried them.

In fairness, I think the only reason we were "older" and "heavier" was playing 3 rucks, but we were still 200+ games light on experience, even next to Hawthorn's youth brigade

1599374516876.png

One player who cops heaps is lonie but I think he vital. At least he tries to pressure. He got us going early with things that won’t go in the stats. Even in the last quarter he did a tap to Marshall that won’t get in the stats. He has enough faults to probably never be a certainty but I think he is a best 22 player. Also Sinclair must have had about 4 assists in the second half today.
C’mon mate, he can’t even make the distance from 40 metres apparently.

Sinclair is the biggest positive for me.

The last few games he has become a pivotal player in our midfield.

Unlike most of our other players he has composure and doesn't rush his disposals, he featured in a lot of our good plays today.

Hill was the same, he didn't rush his disposals and stopped and propped so he could to take the best option.

Too many of our players just get the ball and rush a kick or handball to no one rather than just take a moment or two to hit a target.

Glad to see Sinclair keeping his spot. Always thought he'd be good enough.

We had a few do some smart things that stood out today, Sincs, Hill, Kent, Marsh to name a few - holding the ball or riding a tackle, drawing their opponent then dishing it out. Something that always seems to be used against us more than by us.

Yeah the easy goals/shots in defence has accelerated in the past half dozen matches.

Howard... I actually like him more with ball in hand than as a defender!! And that's not so much a good thing. He's all out at sea reading the play coming in, the only times he goes for it he wipes out about three of our own guys.

Again and again, we defend the high ball with too many, they all go to ground or no one there for the crumbs.

A lot of confusion back there at the moment.
Carlisles experience is huge , he holds our structure in the backline.
He maybe no Rance but he keeps the backline organized.

Hope the Lonie haters can settle for a week.

He was one of only a few who were switched on from the start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, I've calmed down enough now to think rationally. We didn't play well but did what we had to do to get the win. 4 points banked.
Coff is an absolute gun.
Hill getting better by the week. As those around him tire he comes into his own. He could be huge against WC at the end of their tough run.
Really missed Winx and Skunk today but at least we changed up a few things going i50.
Cats doing us a solid and ending methendon's season.
Hopefully a bone crunching game tonight.

Go saints

🔴⚪⚫

I feel like we take a bit out of today in terms of Marshall as a forward. When he is in the forwardline, use him. We kick to King way too much. Marshall is potent up there.

I think Marshall may have had a better year in 2019 but I think 2020 is showing just what we have on our hands. Seriously, there is not much this guy does wrong. Only 3 ruckman in the AFL ahead of him I reckon and his ability to go forward is better than all of them. I am tipping this guy will be Grundy/Gawn like status next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back