AFL Autopsy RND 16: Pussy Whipped

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I am done. I usually have faith, but it’s just gone. This club has just been a rabble for far too long. Even through the drug saga they played with fight.

I’m not giving this club money, I’m not buying a membership, I’m not going to games. I’m done giving a s**t. all of you should really consider if you want to give this club your hard earned money if this is what they give you back in return.

Yeah, I am done. I usually have faith, but it’s just gone. This club has just been a rabble for far too long. Even through the drug saga they played with fight.

I’m not giving this club money, I’m not buying a membership, I’m not going to games. I’m done giving a sh*t. all of you should really consider if you want to give this club your hard earned money if this is what they give you back in return.
So, see you next week then!

I think the saddest thing for me to where we've got to as a club is that I didn't expect to win to today, but thought we could keep it within 5-6 goals.

Yet they still disappoint on such a low expectation.

I do feel like we have put together a lot or right pieces though and this is a difficult year to learn new things and deal with injuries.

But that lack of defensive effort in the midfield and forward....

Last edited:
Happy to give some slack, 3rd game in ten days playing rampant grand final favorites fresh off a bye , after we sit in a bus for 3 hours and get to the ground an hour before kickoff

Don't have to believe all the excuses but one will do

Not saying they don't win anyway , but we had reason to be flat
9th game in 42 days. Has anyone ever done it before, let alone thrived?

So, see you next week then!
Usually I would be posting something exactly like that in response to a meltdown post like I have just posted, but I just don’t foresee myself watching the club anymore. I’ll check in every so often, but I’ve put to much effort In supporting the club that has let me down so often, it’s best for my mental wellbeing to let go.

I’m not giving this club money, I’m not buying a membership, I’m not going to games. I’m done giving a sh*t. all of you should really consider if you want to give this club your hard earned money if this is what they give you back in return.
Strong avatar to post content ratio

That is crazy. Plus injuries, buses, travel, Geelong after a 9 day spell etc, etc.

No excuses but this is not the loss to flip out over. The one against St Kilda was worse.

I want to see Truck to the presser today.

Have you heard him talk.

Will need another 6 months of media training.

Talking is not everything but he reminds me a lot of Simon Goodwin in that "maybe you can polish a turd kind of way".

I've been ribbing Melbourne supporting mates for years about that lemon they were sold...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s insane. Collingwood just finished playing 8 games in 40 days, including a WA-QLD-SA-QLD 4-game stretch in 14 days. No surprise that EVERY game in which the opposition had a lengthy spell vs Collingwood’s 4-5 day breaks, that Collingwood failed to win. Joke draw, joke season.

I actively dislike ordinary monopoly because everyone ends up salty. Essendon monopoly sounds appalling, like everyone would end up depressed.
no doubt everyone would start the game excited, buying property after property early. Then everyone would suddenly go bankrupt towards the end of the game and it would all end in tears. The Chance cards would all be player injuries, and the community chest would be player suspensions. Passing Go would be a Worsfold presser.

At least it wouldnt be boring

As a port supporter living in Victoria I can empathise with the fact that it's hard living here at the moment and a flogging like that wouldn't help. Keep your chins up, hopefully the numbers start to reflect the sacrifice we're all making.
Ill be happy when we can kick a score that is higher than VICs daily case numbers.
... so hopefully those case numbers head down to the 30s by our next game 🤞.

In fact that's my new metric. If the bombers kick more points than VIC case numbers it's a win. Where's my mask?

It’s insane. Collingwood just finished playing 8 games in 40 days, including a WA-QLD-SA-QLD 4-game stretch in 14 days. No surprise that EVERY game in which the opposition had a lengthy spell vs Collingwood’s 4-5 day breaks, that Collingwood failed to win. Joke draw, joke season.
Failing to win is one thing. Failing to turn up unforgivable at this level.

Something rotten at the top. Players not even interested.

Usually I would be posting something exactly like that in response to a meltdown post like I have just posted, but I just don’t foresee myself watching the club anymore. I’ll check in every so often, but I’ve put to much effort In supporting the club that has let me down so often, it’s best for my mental wellbeing to let go.
If your mental health is seriously affected by following a team sport then you should step away but it's just a game. Try not to attach so much importance to it. You're not alone. We're all in this together as supporters. If your livliehood depended on it then yes, it should be stressful. It should be stressful for the players and the coaches and the recruiters etc not for the supporters. It's just sport.

to be honest, Im advocating it. 25% of me thinks we are going down the wrong route with Rutten at the helm. Fills me with very little confidence

We have a list that doesn't have the running power to play the game plan. We're not going to concede any of the weakness of our good players.

Honestly we're the 2007 sub prime mortgage market.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back