News Richmond's Sydney Stack and Callum Coleman-Jones arrested after brawl outside strippers bar

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL are entitled to fine the club $100k due to it being the second offence.

They have given it a discount and only charged $75k.

Richmond are wanting the two players to pay the fine. If you are upset at anyone about making the players pay it is your own club.

I may have missed the part where the club is looking to make the players pay the fine. If that's the case, the club should be ashamed of itself. They're kids on a small salary compared to Cotch. The 10 weeks hit is enough.

Then it will continue and nothing will be achieved. Happy lockdown! How many chances will there be? It's 3.4 km from their hub to the strip club, who authorised it?
well they have to be serious about ramping up punishments for offenders, giving Bucks a 'good guy' discount instead of sending him home to Melbourne immediately was a huge error. Elijah/Stack/CCJ have been hammered to make up for that special treatment.

Communal team punishment isn't fair imo.

I'm frustrated as you are at the covidiots, but the AFL were to blame for letting Bucks stay in the hub, they essentially condoned the behaviour and can hardly feign outrage now.

Neither of our clubs can take moral high ground in this. Media moved on from their mate Bucks very quickly. Stack and Callum Jones lambs to the slaughter.

Bucks played a game of tennis.

Versus two blokes breach the hub quarantine for a lap dance, a fight and a kebab.

Dont try and compare the two they arent even close.

I love how just because these morons breached AFL covid rules we can now decribe them not as assault victims, but “getting into fight”.

Versus two blokes breach the hub quarantine for a lap dance, a fight and a kebab.

An AFL coach with 25 years in system compared to two young idiots age 20yrs? Agree with suspension For these two but Bucks got slap on wrist and he should have known better.

Ah yeah you are right, a game of tennis could never transfer covid. I can't think of any issues around tennis players and covid....Jesus wept.

Buckley should have been sent home, was an act of cowardice by the AFL.

I love how they get serious when a few fringe players like Elijah/Sydney/Callum transgress. Talk about faux-tough.

Until the AFL get real and act to expel Buckley there will be more transgressions, it's on them as much as the recent transgressors.

this is why we don't quite allow young guns to play and get away with it.. they should like their home environment enough
that they don't become nuts levee... no wait their environment is not what it should be..

but hey they are dipsticks...

I may have missed the part where the club is looking to make the players pay the fine. If that's the case, the club should be ashamed of itself. They're kids on a small salary compared to Cotch. The 10 weeks hit is enough.
Agree its harsh but the club would know whether theyve done enough to explain to the youngsters it's not acceptable.

If they have been properly mentored and had senior player support then the players should have to bear some of it.

well they have to be serious about ramping up punishments for offenders, giving Bucks a 'good guy' discount instead of sending him home to Melbourne immediately was a huge error. Elijah/Stack/CCJ have been hammered to make up for that special treatment.

I'm frustrated as you are at the covidiots, but the AFL were to blame for letting Bucks stay in the hub, they essentially condoned the behaviour and can hardly feign outrage now.

A few budding politicians on here.

Almost up to Trump levels. Deflect blame and talk rubbish about others instead of owning it.

An insight into someones character.
Ah yeah you are right, a game of tennis could never transfer covid. I can't think of any issues around tennis players and covid....Jesus wept.

Buckley should have been sent home, was an act of cowardice by the AFL.

I love how they get serious when a few fringe players like Elijah/Sydney/Callum transgress. Talk about faux-tough.

Until the AFL get real and act to expel Buckley there will be more transgressions, it's on them as much as the recent transgressors.

So if Bucks was sent home for a game of tennis what would deliberately sneaking out to a strip club and a kebab, getting ejected, getting into a fight, getting arrested, risking and embarrassing the entire competion get you?

Pull your head in and just own the situation. Pointing at others and having a sook is just embarrassing.

A few budding politicians on here.

Almost up to Trump levels. Deflect blame and talk rubbish about others instead of owning it.

An insight into someones character.

So if Bucks was sent home for a game of tennis what would deliberately sneaking out to a strip club and a kebab, getting ejected, getting into a fight, getting arrested, risking and embarrassing the entire competion get you?

Pull your head in and just own the situation. Pointing at others and having a sook is just embarrassing.
sorry, but COVID has no moral judgement, nor preference for strip clubs over tennis clubs, I can promise you that. 100%.

The consequences for the AFL were the same. The AFL went weak on a powerful AFL entity but big-and-tough on young fringe players. Really, are you so surprised?

I want extreme punishments, but the AFL has to apply them even to their boys club of favourites. Otherwise, they share culpability for the post-Buckley transgressions.

It's very hard to argue otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it was reported that the 100k will come out of the soft cap. No way the kids pay that sort of fine

It works in two ways.

First someone has to pay for it be it Richmond or the players the AFL does not care who they will just want their money.

The second is that amount is also subtracted from the soft cap for next year. The soft cap is not paying the fine but Richmond has $100000 less to spend on their football department next year Compared to other clubs. So they are getting $200000 worth of penalties for the price of $100000.

You can also argue that forcing the players to pay the fine (if they can) is a double dipping penalty as a 10 game suspension already fined them possible match payments.

Last edited:
Poor from the Richmond boys but why is it so concerning for Cornes is he forgetting the two power blokes suspended, Essendon had 1, Geelong had Blicavs host a party and Sidebottom from the pies?

All this covid bullshit is doing more harm to mental health and well-being in general than covid itself. Think of how many people of the general public are getting fined everyday for breaking strict stay at home rules.

Paul mars
The covid breach fine system -

From 31 July 2020, Sanctions for Clubs for breaches of the RTP Protocols by Club People:

FIRST OFFENCE – up to $50,000 sanction (50% suspended) – $25,000 included in 2020 Soft Cap

SECOND OFFENCE – up to $75,000 sanction (plus $25,000 from first offence) – $100,000 included in 2020 Soft cap

THIRD & SUBSEQUENT OFFENCE – The Commission or the General Counsel may impose any sanction on any terms or conditions that they in their absolute discretion think fit which may include a monetary sanction, loss of Premiership points or loss of Draft picks
Paul Marsh is saying that the financial penalty mentioned here is not agreed to and consequently won't have to be paid. Interview 5 September 3aw with Wilson

My question is who allowed these guys out of the hub for a 3.4 km trip to a Surfers strip club? Who knew their whereabouts? Were they roommates and they just sneaked out? That is a club fault if they did....I cannot believe two AFL players are let out until 3 am in the morning, get tossed out of a strip club, then get in a punch up at a kebab shop? This is King street stuff early Sunday morning when we used to have a city! It's communal alright!

Paul mars

Paul Marsh is saying that the financial penalty mentioned here is not agreed to and consequently won't have to be paid. Interview 5 September 3aw with Wilson
U need to understand that Richmond is fined by the AFL, not the 2 players.
Richmond are stating that they will make the players pay the fine, (it’s not the AFL making them)
So the penalty is still required to be paid by the club, Marsh is the PA rep so he will fight for the players not to pay the RFC penalty.

My question is who allowed these guys out of the hub for a 3.4 km trip to a Surfers strip club? Who knew their whereabouts? Were they roommates and they just sneaked out? That is a club fault if they did....I cannot believe two AFL players are let out until 3 am in the morning, get tossed out of a strip club, then get in a punch up at a kebab shop? This is King street stuff early Sunday morning when we used to have a city! It's communal alright!
completely agree, communal such that richmond is at fault, but higher than that, the afl is at fault too. This happened too easily. Bucks too. Elijah's GF too.

completely agree, communal such that richmond is at fault, but higher than that, the afl is at fault too. This happened too easily. Bucks too. Elijah's GF too.
There’s this weird illusion that the clubs all like to project when we know clubs have internal hierarchies and hang young players out to dry while established good blokes walk on water.

more buck passing classic tigers.

afl are doing their job by disciplining you (see the fines and suspensions) like the brat kid you are.

get your house in order ffs.

I doubt anybody "allowed" them out. I'm guessing the hub hotel is a reasonably big place with people roaming around all the time. They probably were drinking together, I think the players were enjoying some club sanctioned beers on a few days off, they probably had a few too many as has happened to a lot of people, then just walked out the front to uber away! There's no doubt it was a poor decision, but the club can't be expected to lock the players in their rooms, at a certain point the fault falls to the individuals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back