Saisai Zheng,
Carla Suarez Navarro, :(
Lin Zhu,
Yafan Wang,
Anastasia Potapova,
Samantha Stosur,
Shuai Peng,
Xiyu Wang

You would think this could be Sams last summer. New kid, happy marriage(i think). one last swan song. A lot of Chinese players are missing as well. No nick, but not a surprise. He is happy in Aus. Ash is named. It will be interesting. I don't think she would travel if she wasnt the defending champ. As for CSN, sad news. Great little player with a 1-hand backhand. see below.

Of course, a lot will change before now and the start of the tournement at the end of this month.

I was just about to post that the FFT announced overnight that they were still having some fans so I wonder if this just confirmed things for Ash. She probably doesn’t mind but I wonder if she regrets not going to New York now...

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
I was just about to post that the FFT announced overnight that they were still having some fans so I wonder if this just confirmed things for Ash. She probably doesn’t mind but I wonder if she regrets not going to New York now...
her coach supposedly can't enter Queensland, so her preparation is out of wrack as well.

Funny how Eddie and co could though. One rule for the AFL elites, another for the other people.

her coach supposedly can't enter Queensland, so her preparation is out of wrack as well.

Funny how Eddie and co could though. One rule for the AFL elites, another for the other people.
It's unfair. Obviously afl get special treatment ensuring qld hosts the grand final. Lol

It's a shame Barty won't be playing at the French open but understandable.

Special treatment to AFL compared to other sports, that never happens.... The special treatment AFL gets at times is a reason why my interest in afl is not high

I understand her pulling out because of covid but the coach not being there isn't the reason, it's not ideal but other players have dealt with it just fine. I think she's happy being home in Queensland which is fair enough.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Special treatment to AFL compared to other sports, that never happens.... The special treatment AFL gets at times is a reason why my interest in afl is not high

I understand her pulling out because of covid but the coach not being there isn't the reason, it's not ideal but other players have dealt with it just fine. I think she's happy being home in Queensland which is fair enough.
yeah. most likely the actual reason is that she is happy to be home. returning to the country would require 2 weeks in a hotel somewhere.

Plus, it is not like she will gain anything other than prize money. she already has max points

True, she probably wants to stay home with her family and doesn't want to travel because of covid 19.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Barty won over $10 million last year so why would you bother. Just let it all sort itself out before playing. Not like she is playing for her legacy like Novak, Serena or Nadal.

Will there be an Australian Open next year? Andrews bent over for the GP before it was ultimately cancelled but after two COVID waves is he going to let all the players in to VIC when it is almost a certainty that at least some of them will bring COVID in with them.

Last edited:
Barty won over $10 million last year so why would you bother. Just let it all sort itself out before playing. Not like she is playing for her legacy like Novak, Serena or Nadal.

Will there be an Australian Open next year? Andrews bent over for the GP before it was ultimately cancelled but after two COVID waves is he going to let all the players in to VIC when it is almost a certainty that at least some of them will bring COVID in with them.

Got an email from the organizer last week. So far it says it will still go ahead with limited number of people perhaps modelling the French open in term of crowd numbers.

We are doing it though at the moment so that we can be ready again to hold tournament like AO really soon. Be positive 🙂.

Got an email from the organizer last week. So far it says it will still go ahead with limited number of people perhaps modelling the French open in term of crowd numbers.

We are doing it though at the moment so that we can be ready again to hold tournament like AO really soon. Be positive 🙂.
Hopefully the Australian open goes ahead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

danstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
I highly doubt Aus Open is going ahead, Victorias roadmap is all about having NO community transmission at all and holding the Aus Open would risk that, Dan Andrews is not competent enough to be able to organise the hotel quarantine for it so he wont bother i think

I highly doubt Aus Open is going ahead, Victorias roadmap is all about having NO community transmission at all and holding the Aus Open would risk that, Dan Andrews is not competent enough to be able to organise the hotel quarantine for it so he wont bother i think

I really hope not, it certainly would be possible to create a bubble for these guys if needed.

I think it will go ahead. We are doing though restrictions like this so we can held the event in the future safely.

Pretty disappointed with both Barty and kyrgios skipping the 2 slams.

Can’t agree in the end their health is the number 1 thing. They have every right to skip it. I’d like them to play but I’m
Not disappointed they aren’t.

Back