Player Watch #4: Aidan Corr

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I can see us trading in established defenders to free up our picks for key players or mids. Better than trying to play more young defenders with the likes of Mckay and perez trying to learn the game at the same time.

Yep that is fine with me if that's how it works out.

Not the best resume I've ever read.

We get it mate, you're not happy we've put wages to a player you've never heard of.

Some of us have heard of him, watched him play and are very happy with this acquisition. He's a best 22 player from a very good side that has had a very poor year after playing off in a Grand Final.

We get it mate, you're not happy we've put wages to a player you've never heard of.

Some of us have heard of him, watched him play and are very happy with this acquisition. He's a best 22 player from a very good side that has had a very poor year after playing off in a Grand Final.

Lots of people really wanted Dal Santo too so the judgement of many here I question heavily.

Ok I'll leave it there, fair enough.

If he does deliver like W80 did as Higgins has, then fine as all I want is North to become a force again.

Lots of people really wanted Dal Santo too so the judgement of many here I question heavily.

If he does deliver like W80 did as Higgins has, then fine as all I want is North to become a force again.

IIRC the first ten or so pages of the Waite thread made for some very interesting reading in retrospect.

Not even sure really where the hate on Dal Santo has come from, he was far from a Farren Ray recruitment. Not the best but serviceable.

Either way, this season saw us either not handle covid footy, not handle injury, massively overrate ourselves or more likely a mix of all three. We desperately need quality players as building blocks, the real elite will come later through drafting and better access at free agency. Corr fills a massive need and not only that, wants to come to us (still wants to come to us, we were a far more attractive option back in July when the talk he was coming first started).

I hope so too, he can't be the only change to the side though; we need a few more to make an impact.

IIRC the first ten or so pages of the Waite thread made for some very interesting reading in retrospect.

Not even sure really where the hate on Dal Santo has come from, he was far from a Farren Ray recruitment. Not the best but serviceable.

Either way, this season saw us either not handle covid footy, not handle injury, massively overrate ourselves or more likely a mix of all three. We desperately need quality players as building blocks, the real elite will come later through drafting and better access at free agency. Corr fills a massive need and not only that, wants to come to us (still wants to come to us, we were a far more attractive option back in July when the talk he was coming first started).

I was all for W80 but really didnt want NDS - I was right on those (imo), but then I also thought Walker was crap and been proven completely wrong - so I guess I'll trust you and co on Corr.

Totally agree on building blocks to start with and then get the best younger players through other avenues all going well.

Certainly going to be an interesting off season I suspect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So just for comparisons sake what sort of draft pick would Corr be worth if he was still contracted?

How long is a piece of string?

Jake Lever & Aidan Corr went at the same pick in the 1st round, and this is their comparative stats at the same age:

This was Lever's trade value, albeit as a 22 year old.

1600161052407.png

IMO, Corr as a 25 year old would bring a pick between 15-20 for a club targeting his type of player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back