Preview Round 20 changes vs west coke @optus Sunday 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s not strange, you said something awful and got called out for it, very standard actually. That's it, simple.

“Awful” is this club at the moment. Fitzroy-esque. Sorry for calling it out. Now don’t let me intrude on this clear march to inevitable success.
Have you forgotten how everyone felt after the Hawks match?

“Awful” is this club at the moment. Fitzroy-esque. Sorry for calling it out. Now don’t let me intrude on this clear march to inevitable success.
Have you forgotten how everyone felt after the Hawks match?
You're attemtping to make it seem like calling you out for saying something shitful is the same as having the perspective that everything is totally fine. It's not. It's a ridiculous angle to push too. But, whatever, hopefully at the very least all this venting is making you feel better, but i have my doubts.

I think he was delisted in order to be RElisted, but snuck out the side door because he wanted to come to us which GC didn’t expect.

Recent times, he’s been top 5 in AFL for tackles. We need that.

Is he gonna be the difference every time? No. Was he great at the start of the year? Yes - arguably best-on a few times. Would he have helped immensely last week? 100%. We win that game with Greenwood in the team IMO.

But it’s not all about week to week. I know he’s no Carey who will win it off his own boot. Of course I know that. But he demonstrates the shinboner attributes that our kids will look up to and that they need. We wonder why our talent stagnates, goes backwards or wants out… yet we always select senior players who stink it up. What message do we want to send to the wider group?

Right now we’re basically saying “some have to earn their spot, some don’t, and if you’re a young talent we’ll surround you with senior guys who are clearly not up to it. Enjoy.”

There should always be a place for someone like Hugh in a team, especially one that has been as diabolical as ours as for this long with kids who need leadership and inspiration.
Last time we played the Eagles Turner had 9 tackles and led the side for tackles and possibly pressure. Greenwood had 5.

Thius year greenwood has had 20+possessions about four times, more than 5 tackles 5 times and scored goals once.

He isn't the answer to any questions being asked of us right now.

“Unhinged” is thinking the same guys who thought Turner was worth relisting, Howe was worth bringing in and Lmac didn’t deserve at least a two game spell will magically see worth in Greenwood next year.

that is unhinged.
As I’ve said previously it’s not about what one player will do all on his own, it’s about the example that’s set and the culture that’s built.

The shinboner name is being dragged through the mud at the moment.

But hey, enjoy. Two spoons and probably a 16th loss in a row, what would I know?

👍🏼
Sorry mate, clear you’re well ahead of the coaches and footy department on this one. I’ll leave you to enjoy yourself.

Last time we played the Eagles Turner had 9 tackles and led the side for tackles and possibly pressure. Greenwood had 5.

Thius year greenwood has had 20+possessions about four times, more than 5 tackles 5 times and scored goals once.

He isn't the answer to any questions being asked of us right now.

I was on the Kayne train for a couple of weeks giving credit where it was due. But it was quickly back to the same old. I don’t see what he offers, consistently, instead of Hugh.

I was on the Kayne train for a couple of weeks giving credit where it was due. But it was quickly back to the same old. I don’t see what he offers, consistently, instead of Hugh.
They play different roles for one. I’m not thrilled about leaving Hugh out of our struggling midfield, nor do I think Turner is any kind of answer up forward, or indeed anywhere. But they’re backing the mids in and loading up on small forwards, and most likely giving Turner a send-off, so he can play with his mates for the club he has given everything he has to give for for a long time. I can live with that. That’s respecting culture, not dragging it through the mud.

Ziebell is as cooked as Kayne: should we deny him a home crowd send off cos he has little chance of influencing whether we win the game?

They play different roles for one. I’m not thrilled about leaving Hugh out of our struggling midfield, nor do I think Turner is any kind of answer up forward, or indeed anywhere. But they’re backing the mids in and loading up on small forwards, and most likely giving Turner a send-off, so he can play with his mates for the club he has given everything he has to give for for a long time. I can live with that. That’s respecting culture, not dragging it through the mud.

Ziebell is as cooked as Kayne: should we deny him a home crowd send off cos he has little chance of influencing whether we win the game?

I see what you’re saying. Fact of the matter is he was put back on the list, additions such as Howe haven’t helped. So I am questioning those in charge, as others have not just at North but at certain people’s previous clubs where they weren’t going forward anymore.
Anyway I hate labouring the point, it seems like I’ve got a vendetta against Turner (which I haven’t, I was hoping he’d do well) and Howe (I was prepared to give him a shot, I didn’t think he was a bad as others have suggested), just think we’ve got better options. And again, it’s not about Greenwood being a Wayne Carey-like hero himself - it’s the example we set. We are not selecting the right seniors to lead these kids. We are not rewarding the right people.

Don’t even start me on Lmac. Love the dude but enough surely was enough. That’s our captain. The youngsters are watching the club not react and drop someone horribly out of form. Watching and taking notes about the standards we accept.

I wouldn’t say Ziebell is as cooked as Kayne, he’s always offered a lot more but that’s another discussion.

I want these kids to have a successful future here. We all want this club to be successful. We’re basically 2020-2022 North with a better LDU and a few kids doing well. Jury’s still out, but I don’t like what I see so far. And yeah, I’m pissed because I desperately wanted to like what I see.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back