Preview Round 14 changes v dogs @marvel Sunday 4:40pm before the bye

Remove this Banner Ad

Essentially just 4 players off the best 22 (LDU, Xerri, Goater and 1 of Bergman/tucker/Perez) which we should rectify most of those immediately after the bye

LDU back after The bye for greenwood pls
Xerri for goldy
Perez for ziebell
Goodbye to the 3 30 plus year olds

Shiels can stay

Bergman or tucker in for spicer

Goater back in vfl after the bye then in for tucker/Bergman/Perez to give us our best team 2 weeks after the bye

It’s starting to all come together

I’m OK with Bergman being sub or rested. I’m happy he’s not dropped and playing in the VFL. That would be an absolute travesty. He’s been great in every game - bar last week. He may be tired but he’s proven himself capable.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m not sure about this. I feel like Turner is going to appear with the all the audacity and blank-facedness of that solitary pigeon that returns to your roof after the rest have been eradicated.

I reckon we're playing into their hands with a cumbersome defence.

They'll dine out on repeat entries. We won't be able to clear it.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
If Thomas & Sheezel play back as a few others here have suggested, hopefully that will go some way to quality defensive clearances.

The key will be quality inside 50s. Turn the ball over at the top of the arc or thereabouts and they'll kill us on the rebound.

If Thomas & Sheezel play back as a few others here have suggested, hopefully that will go some way to quality defensive clearances.

The key will be quality inside 50s. Turn the ball over at the top of the arc or thereabouts and they'll kill us on the rebound.
Looking at training today, Sheezel probably will. Thomas won't.

Hopefully we get the job done, have a week off, get a more mobile combination back there to build on.

Hopefully we get the job done, have a week off, get a more mobile combination back there to build on.

We’ll most likely lose. We’re getting there, though.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Makes sense IMO. Sheezel still very young, Thomas much more mature body even with time off.

I think the omission are fair enough, I think Spicer is a bit fortunate. I don't know what it is, just reminds me of a baby trying to pick up a balloon when he is near the ball, I want him to do well but I can't pick the ball up for him. I would have liked to see Hansen be given a go, like... how bad can it be?

We’ve been pushing for a win over the past 4 weeks or so and arguably would have one or two under the belt if Jy and Greenwood hadn’t both got concussed, there’s been a bit of a consensus that Hall has been a drag on our potential and he has been dropped, TT can only be better for the game time he’s had and with sheezel off half back and our 2 mids in I think the chances of pulling an upset against these Footscray campaigners is definitely on the cards, North by 3 goals. Let’s go Roo Boys 👊

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Corr, Ziebell, McKay and Logue in the same 22. Christ
Corr, Ziebell, McDonald, Mckay and Logue. We simply cannot win with this lineup. I’m hoping for a reverse jynx but this saps so much confidence as we have removed so much rebounding from natural defenders.

This is terrible team selection.

Dropping Hall is the right call but then to axe Bergman for Corr makes us so bloody slow. We could get belted tomorrow if the Dogs set up for the dump kick out of our 50. Which will happen IMO.

Tucker was poor so not surprised he was axed again.

Few boys playing sore tomorrow in Ziebell, Sheezel, Phillips, Curtis and Zurhaar.

Bye is here but hope they havnt checked out just yet.

Corr, Ziebell, McDonald, Mckay and Logue. We simply cannot win with this lineup. I’m hoping for a reverse jynx but this saps so much confidence as we have removed so much rebounding from natural defenders.

Dropping Hall is the right call but then to axe Bergman for Corr makes us so bloody slow. We could get belted tomorrow if the Dogs set up for the dump kick out of our 50. Which will happen IMO.

Few boys playing sore tomorrow in Ziebell, Sheezel, Phillips, Curtis and Zurhaar.

McDonald's a necessary medium defender though so didn't really see fit to include him as part of the top heavy gang. We don't have anyone else who can stop Weightman. Corr and JZ are imo more dispensable.

The main issue is that it probably should've been Perez in instead of Corr. Someone who can hit a target on the run, and theoretically can rebound the ball. Mind you, I have a moment from that St Kilda game involving Perez moving at a ludicrously slow pace burned into my mind, so maybe the coaches know something we don't on that one.

I agree that the Dogs are gonna get a few repeat entries, and we're gonna be slow as s**t once the ball hits the ground inside defensive 50, but I see that team sheet named and can't see an outcome where TT, Sheez and possibly Powell/Shiels don't spend significant time at half back. That's a good rotation of utility types. And if they do spend time there, maybe there will be a way out of defence for us

Essentially just 4 players off the best 22 (LDU, Xerri, Goater and 1 of Bergman/tucker/Perez) which we should rectify most of those immediately after the bye

LDU back after The bye for greenwood pls
Xerri for goldy
Perez for ziebell
Goodbye to the 3 30 plus year olds

Shiels can stay

Bergman or tucker in for spicer

Goater back in vfl after the bye then in for tucker/Bergman/Perez to give us our best team 2 weeks after the bye

It’s starting to all come together
What about Bailey Bailey Bailey

Spicer needs to be dropped before Curtis. Curtis has AFL talent. Spicer is wasting everyone’s time, including his own.
Application trumps talent 9 times out of 10 when we are in the position we are in and standards and consistency are the only reliable metrics for success.

Curtis will be a player but this year he has mostly been a weird cocktail of underdone, injured, disinterested and lazy.

Corr's a faster runner than Bergman isn't he? Before his toe injury he was one of the fastest runners in the club.

Application trumps talent 9 times out of 10 when we are in the position we are in and standards and consistency are the only reliable metrics for success.

Curtis will be a player but this year he has mostly been a weird cocktail of underdone, injured, disinterested and lazy.
I think you might have your definition of application a bit mixed up.

If avoiding the contest when it’s your turn to go is the definition of applying yourself, then FMD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back