Preview Changes vs Gold Coast Franchise Sunday 4:40pm @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not fussed if we win or lose. Would rather start getting games into kids. Not sure how playing hall over Bergman helps us in the long run. We would be one of the older teams playing this week. Let’s hope the experience gets us a win.
Winning is also part of the learning experience and hopefully bringing Hall in will help with the experience of winning. We cant play all the kids and end up with a mindset of losing and have it be an acceptable loss...The club as a whole needs to experience a winning culture and come along for the ride...

Seeing Cunners live in Mt Barker last week was a bit sad at times. Looked a step or two off the pace. I fear he won’t recapture his former brilliance. That’s okay though. He owes us nothing. I just don’t want it to be a sad ending.
Fingers crossed he is just working back into it & with the young midfield guns supporting him, there’s still a place for him in the side.
I think it's just the long layoff and slowly rebuilding form and confidence. His handball radar is a bit off, likewise his ball winning ability. Both will improve with more games I reckon. He's hardly played for 2 years. Still a decent contributor at this stage and hopefully a breakout game will arrive soon.

I think it's just the long layoff and slowly rebuilding form and confidence. His handball radar is a bit off, likewise his ball winning ability. Both will improve with more games I reckon. He's hardly played for 2 years. Still a decent contributor at this stage and hopefully a breakout game will arrive soon.
Tomorrow he’ll be playing for Goldy I expect a standout performance 👹

Tomorrow he’ll be playing for Goldy I expect a standout performance 👹
Obviously, as a marketing exercise, the AFL have hit GOLD by scheduling Goldie's 300th to be played on the Goldie.

I can see the commentators all screaming out with excitement, "Yay! It's Goldie on the Goldie".

Seeing Cunners live in Mt Barker last week was a bit sad at times. Looked a step or two off the pace. I fear he won’t recapture his former brilliance. That’s okay though. He owes us nothing. I just don’t want it to be a sad ending.
Fingers crossed he is just working back into it & with the young midfield guns supporting him, there’s still a place for him in the side.

Agree. Watching him play like that broke my heart haha

But yeah hoping it’s just a bit out of form / needs a rest

Obviously, as a marketing exercise, the AFL have hit GOLD by scheduling Goldie's 300th to be played on the Goldie.

I can see the commentators all screaming out with excitement, "Yay! It's Goldie on the Goldie".
As long as the rest of the team don’t start their long weekend on the Goldie Coast before the match I’m ok with the hyperbole 👍

Winning is also part of the learning experience and hopefully bringing Hall in will help with the experience of winning. We cant play all the kids and end up with a mindset of losing and have it be an acceptable loss...The club as a whole needs to experience a winning culture and come along for the ride...
Not sure who “all the kids” are given at best we are fielding 5/23 under 22 one teenager and at least 4 30 year olds. We did win our first 2 games with Goater and Bergman. Not much since. I will be keen to see how the team culture blossoms if they lose poorly, the excuse of fielding a young team will be trodden out again and we can all pretend it’s part of the learning experience

Not sure who “all the kids” are given at best we are fielding 5/23 under 22 one teenager and at least 4 30 year olds. We did win our first 2 games with Goater and Bergman. Not much since. I will be keen to see how the team culture blossoms if they lose poorly, the excuse of fielding a young team will be trodden out again and we can all pretend it’s part of the learning experience

I don't mind Bergman, Goater, Perez, Archer even Bonar and Young playing together in the backline if they are learning to play together. i'd rather keep the first three playing together as often as possible right now cos the more they know each others games the better they will work together in the firsts over the next couple of years.

Especially if McKay and Logue are playing together and learning each others game in the firsts.

We know the only really old blokes we have are Cunners, JZ, Hall and of course Goldy. Everyone else is 28 or younger and that means they'll be 30 at most in two seasons when we aim to be playing finals.

If they're on the list.

The spine has Corr, Cunners and Goldy in it but the real spine is likely to be McKay, Logue, Comben and Larkey with Goldy rucking for now. That whole spine is 25 or younger without Goldy, who is in because of injury to X. The young mids are LDU, Powell, Phillips, Scott and Sheezel according to the named side. Even if Tucker and Sheezel swap they're all 25 or younger, (even with Jy back in the side they're all 25 or under.) Only Cunners and Goldy are older than 25.

This is a well structured side in terms of age with 8/22 players over 25.

Greenwood and Shiels aren't in the named side but easily could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back