Preview Changes vs Gold Coast Franchise Sunday 4:40pm @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m ok with sone of the kids biding their time in the vfl until they completely dominate in the vfl

Similar to * this mob is s**t, but for some reason they always match up well against us. A bit of psychology as well, someone will have a career best in something or rather.

Need to stop Luko. Just offer him a contract and put him at HB to allow Sheezel to go HF. Speaking of, if Hall is playing then is Sheezel going to HF?

I’m lucky enough to be at the game on Sunday. Can’t wait wait to pay $0.60 for a pack of tomato sauce. Hate this stadium.

Go Roos!

Almost as narcissistic as Tef posting his own tweets on here

Hall playing is hardly a surprise given Clarko hinted at it during his presser on Tuesday, and many ITT predicting he would come in.
Chadwiko needed a win after dropping Scott and Larkey, etc in recent times.

Sheezel late change likely I reckon. I get the angst about playing the young guys but a lot of them were coming back from injuries.
Other than Lazzaro and Bergman, didn't sound like many were banging down the door.
If they're good enough they'll be picked ahead of the Howe/Shiels/Turner brigade.

Hall playing is hardly a surprise given Clarko hinted at it during his presser on Tuesday, and many ITT predicting he would come in.

Yeahhhh you might have missed the intended humour here pal.

There’s a bloke named hairdo (but with no hair) that calls everyone brother and does exactly the *ingg same thing. Drives me up the wall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, and if we aren’t winning games with Howe, Hall, Greenwood, Turner etc then aren’t we really botching the development?

I don't mind using the older players to pad out the young team with bigger bodies and provide competition for spots. Like, Hall has played well enough in the vfl and provides speed and strength, so it makes sense to give him a crack with simpkin out.

What doesn't make sense, is having turner as a defensive forward, that can't impact the scoreboard, when we could be asking players like lazzaro to learn the role. I don't care what you think about him, he can actually hit an offensive kick quickly and at least had a chance at becoming a depth AFL player, which turned IS NOT.

Howe also a hard one to keep giving games of: (1) where playing Hall; and (2) Bergman and Goater are doing enough at VFL to warrant development in the seniors (which they are).

Hopefully there's method to Clarksons selections and he's teaching the team that effort and application is as important as natural talent when it comes to selection. That's the only way I can rationalise Turner, and to a lesser extent Howe, continually getting a game.

Last edited:
I don't mind using the older players to pad out the young team with bigger bodies and provide competition for spots. Like, Hall has played well enough in the vfl and provides speed and strength, so it makes sense to give him a crack with simpkin out.

What doesn't make sense, is having turner as a defensive forward, that can't impact the scoreboard, when we could be asking players like lazzaro to learn the role. I don't care what you think about him, he can actually hit an offensive kick quickly and at least had a chance at becoming a depth AFL player, which turned IS NOT.

Howe also a hard one to keep giving games of:(1) where playing Hall; and (2) Bergman and Goater are doing enough at VFL to warrant development in the seniors (which they are).

Hopefully there's method to Clarksons selections and he's teaching the team that effort and application is as important as natural talent when it comes to selection. That's the only way I can rationalise Turner, and to a lesser extent Howe, continually getting a game.
Bergman possibly, I don't think Goater is to be honest.

Lazzaro seems to have been given this week's encouragement award that Perez and Archer had recently.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

On output this year Greenwood should be ahead of Cunnington.
Seeing Cunners live in Mt Barker last week was a bit sad at times. Looked a step or two off the pace. I fear he won’t recapture his former brilliance. That’s okay though. He owes us nothing. I just don’t want it to be a sad ending.
Fingers crossed he is just working back into it & with the young midfield guns supporting him, there’s still a place for him in the side.

Midfield is looking a bit thin this game. Big chance for Phillips and Powell to step up!
We are gonna get smashed around the ball. Phillips and Powell are building nicely but they are still very young and can’t do their thing for four quarters. Cunners has slowed. LDU is a rolled gold jet but you need a mature supporting cast. Simpkin is so crucial.

Seeing Cunners live in Mt Barker last week was a bit sad at times. Looked a step or two off the pace. I fear he won’t recapture his former brilliance. That’s okay though. He owes us nothing. I just don’t want it to be a sad ending.
Fingers crossed he is just working back into it & with the young midfield guns supporting him, there’s still a place for him in the side.

It’s easy to forget that Ben has played very little football since R3, 2020. Also, the challenges he’s faced are next level. Maybe, he won’t get back close to his best - it’s a big ask. However, if he can stay on the park and remain healthy, I’d expect we’ll see good things by R9.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back