Preview Changes vs Gold Coast Franchise Sunday 4:40pm @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selections going to be interesting based on injury/availability

My early stab:

OUT: Simpkin (inj), Turner (susp/omit), Corr (omit), Taylor (omit)

IN: Paul Curtis, Bergman, Hall, and one of Wardlaw (if fit/ready) or Goater.

Corr stays for mine we need games into this trio to gel. I don’t think we have had them all for at the same time. We can afford to give them a few goes to see if they develop that cohesion. Their attributes can compliment each other.

Out Jy (inj) Turner (omit) Taylor (needs a rocket)
In Curtis Hall Goater

I change it up a bit bring Dawson in play him down back put louge up forward rest Larkey play Comben at full forward drop Turner Howe bring in Bergman and Goater and if Simpkin is injured maybe bring in Curtis

The best I can think of is that our backline was playing together for the first time today. It showed. They’ll take time to jell. 33 or more marks inside 50 is unconscionable, though. 12 is the AFL game average.

In: Bergman, Greenwood
Out: Jy (inj) Somebody else

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bergman and Goater back in, any of today's defenders out for them. Need some run back there and that isn't coming from today's unit. Honestly Lmac on form is probably the first out but that's clearly not going to happen.

Curtis is an obvious in. I'd be keen to bring anyone else who will have a proper crack in the forward line in too, because some of the displays today were a joke down there. Zurharr, Taylor, Turner and Larkey offered absolutely nothing to the team today.

Jy is clearly going to be out so maybe Sheezel moves into the middle for a game?

Does CCJ come in for Goldy? Offers some sort of forward presence too.

in: Curtis, Goater, Greenwood

out: Turner, Howe, Simpkin (injured)

Howe got a lot of it and put his body on the line, but his disposal has been putrid and really halts our momentum at times. Turner was invisible and Simpkin unfortunately probably out for a week or two depending on severity of his injury.

Curtis kicked 5 and had 19 in VFL, can’t get much better than that for a team crying out for goals. Goater comes in after 20 touches and 10 marks, for the time I was watching managed to find a nice balance between offence and defence and he is brings speed and athleticism which our team very badly lacked this week. Greenwood our only other mid up to AFL quality as of yet.

Was thinking we might rest cunners but in what looks like being Goldy’s 300th and with Jy out, we need him to step up to the plateand I think he will for Todd, perfect match up for him on Rowell, very similar players.

If Coleman-Jones has another few good games I’d bring him in for a try to add extra height up forward if we are gonna just bomb it in anyway. Again would help Larkey.

The team is crying out for Wardlaw, his speed, pressure and class. But that looks like a while away.

Bergman stiff and I’d consider playing him anyway on the ground his skills would be very useful, don’t see him kicking a McDonald or Corr out the team though probably competing with Tucker who has looked good despite getting less of it this week, wouldn’t mind if he eventually replaced Shiels in the side (man we are crying out for another wingman).

in: Curtis, Goater, Greenwood

out: Turner, Howe, Simpkin (injured)

Howe got a lot of it and put his body on the line, but his disposal has been putrid and really halts our momentum at times. Turner was invisible and Simpkin unfortunately probably out for a week or two depending on severity of his injury.

Curtis kicked 5 and had 19 in VFL, can’t get much better than that for a team crying out for goals. Goater comes in after 20 touches and 10 marks, for the time I was watching managed to find a nice balance between offence and defence and he is brings speed and athleticism which our team very badly lacked this week. Greenwood our only other mid up to AFL quality as of yet.

Was thinking we might rest cunners but in what looks like being Goldy’s 300th and with Jy out, we need him to step up to the plateand I think he will for Todd, perfect match up for him on Rowell, very similar players.

If Coleman-Jones has another few good games I’d bring him in for a try to add extra height up forward if we are gonna just bomb it in anyway. Again would help Larkey.

The team is crying out for Wardlaw, his speed, pressure and class. But that looks like a while away.

Bergman stiff and I’d consider playing him anyway on the ground his skills would be very useful, don’t see him kicking a McDonald or Corr out the team though probably competing with Tucker who has looked good despite getting less of it this week, wouldn’t mind if he eventually replaced Shiels in the side (man we are crying out for another wingman).
Give you the hot tip howe wont be dropped. He wasn’t that bad today.

Out: Cunners, Scott and Jy.

Give you the hot tip howe wont be dropped. He wasn’t that bad today.

Out: Cunners, Scott and Jy.
Oh I know he won’t be dropped and he wasn’t that bad. It’s unfortunate though that he’s playing instead of guys who are younger and would improve the structure of our team.

Oh I know he won’t be dropped and he wasn’t that bad. It’s unfortunate though that he’s playing instead of guys who are younger and would improve the structure of our team.
Are you sure about that? How would you improve the structure by removing someone who has legs and toe? And then replace them with players who have equal liability?

Delisted; Turner, Scott , Taylor.
Traded , McKay
Out injured: Larkey, Simpkin, Sheezel (rested)

In: Bergman, Goater, Curtis, Mahony, Lazaro, CCJ and Archer
Mahoney is nowhere near it atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back