Preview Changes vs Gold Coast Franchise Sunday 4:40pm @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus I hope we rejig the backline a bit. We can't play a high press with McKay, Logue, Corr, LMac and Ziebell in the backline. It's far too slow. last week showed how easy it is to get out the back.

I honestly think making LMac co-captain is one of the worst decisions the club made in the off-season. Because out of those players he's the first one that should come out...problem is he's the captain. It was the same issue last year when Ziebell had to play despite his form suggesting otherwise.

It amazes me that over 5 years ago the game called for a change in direction - speed and pressure. Small forwards and half back's that are quick and good ball users. 5 years on and we're still the last to change. I know it's early days with the Clarkson era (so I'm not blaming him for most of it) but it's crazy how slow we are.

Goater, Bergman, Drury, and Perez should be playing at all costs.

Jesus I hope we rejig the backline a bit. We can't play a high press with McKay, Logue, Corr, LMac and Ziebell in the backline. It's far too slow. last week showed how easy it is to get out the back.

I honestly think making LMac co-captain is one of the worst decisions the club made in the off-season. Because out of those players he's the first one that should come out...problem is he's the captain. It was the same issue last year when Ziebell had to play despite his form suggesting otherwise.

It amazes me that over 5 years ago the game called for a change in direction - speed and pressure. Small forwards and half back's that are quick and good ball users. 5 years on and we're still the last to change. I know it's early days with the Clarkson era (so I'm not blaming him for most of it) but it's crazy how slow we are.

Goater, Bergman, Drury, and Perez should be playing at all costs.
I don't even think Perez and Bergman are that quick. Goater definitely is tho

Advise fellow fans: Roos or suns this week? I have fallen behind in tipping due to delusionally tipping our boys last week (thought I was a genius in the first 15 minutes though!) but now I’ve tipped us again this week due to Goldy but I don’t know if that’s just being wishful again?

Something pretty dramatic changed between round 2 and round 5, so it stands to reason the pendulum can swing back again.
Interstate travel, injury, lack of AFL fitness, young players inconsistencies and trying to adapt players to a new game plan, oh and we finished last two years in a row for a reason. 😀

Having said that footy is also a game played btw the ears if enough blokes lift to support Goldy and play their guts out we’re in with a chance 👍

Massive from a forward
If he got it twice as often it would be an insanely good game but as I've repeatedly said he doesn't do it enough.

No other forward had two goal assists btw. So he was out best forward on that front. The only other player with two GAs was LDU.

Now I'm not picking this team but if he is continually getting picked its worth reflecting on why.

In a team with such shithouse forward structure Turner had more goal assists than any other forward.

So maybe he gets a game cos he's the only one capable of holding his bit of that structure together at the moment.

Larkey struggles with it, Chom is green as and Paul Curtis, who does it well, has been in poor form/injured/ill in that time. Zurhaar has also been out of the forward line alot further up the ground. The last forward we had with good forward nouse was W80 and last time he played Turner had his most productive season and averaged over a goal a game. I think you'll find that until the forward line gets it s**t together then Turner will stay because he does enough in the coaches eyes. And when it does get its s**t together then he'll get a chance to replicate or improve on his form in a functioning forward line.

If someone in the VFL side pushes him out then that's a good thing cos it means more than a couple of blokes get forward play.

Advise fellow fans: Roos or suns this week? I have fallen behind in tipping due to delusionally tipping our boys last week (thought I was a genius in the first 15 minutes though!) but now I’ve tipped us again this week due to Goldy but I don’t know if that’s just being wishful again?
The Suns got beaten by the Saints by 53 points just a couple rounds ago. For a team that should be playing finals this year, they're flakey as my youngest's cradle cap. Aside from their on-ball brigade, they really aren't much chop this year. But on the balance of probabilities, without the home ground advantage, we're still the underdog.

Interstate travel, injury, lack of AFL fitness, young players inconsistencies and trying to adapt players to a new game plan, oh and we finished last two years in a row for a reason. 😀

Having said that footy is also a game played btw the ears if enough blokes lift to support Goldy and play their guts out we’re in with a chance 👍
Gold Coast are not competing on the same level as Brisbane.

If we shut down King and Lukosious, they'll struggle to clock up a big enough score.

Aside from their on-ball brigade, GC really aren't looking much chop this year.

Having said all that, we're still the underdogs, but tighten up our key defence matchups and we'll have a game on our hands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’d have to think the comical “defensive press” effort by our backline has been addressed. The knock-on effect of a good tweak in that area would be game-changing. If not, we’re going to be very sad and sorry little Vegemites on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is like the one circumstance I'd have Greenwood as a shoe in. Cunners, LDU, Powell, Phillips and CZ to try and defensively match Rowell, Miller, Anderson, Swallow and Weller. Disaster written all over it

Suns. Always tip the Suns against us.

This is like the one circumstance I'd have Greenwood as a shoe in. Cunners, LDU, Powell, Phillips and CZ to try and defensively match Rowell, Miller, Anderson, Swallow and Weller. Disaster written all over it
Don't be surprised if Curtis gets midfield minutes also. He was playing there in vfl at times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back