Autopsy Round 18, 2020: St.Kilda v GWS *MARSHALL 50TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on the game

They obviously paid a fair bit of attention to Steele and he got no easy footy, but 14 contested, 10 clearances and 9 score involvements...

He is up there with Bont and Cripps now as the premier mids of the comp.

Ross was very good tonight and it was great to see Clark step up in the 2nd half.

Hanners played his role and proved exactly why you need to have experienced heads (and not look to trade them out)

Hill stood up in a big game

Battle was solid but kept Haynes very quiet

Lonie the best small forward on the ground again

We looked much better defensively with Carlisle out there

Paton with another scalp in Greene

But * I'm happy for Ratts. He's taken us from a bottom 5 side to finals in one year.

Thought he coached very well tonight. We gave them nothing through the corridor and were able to turn their attack into our attack very quickly.

Well done legends!!

Got bloody goose bumps
This bloody football club means so much to so many, God i love em

Hunter Clarke is officially my new favourite Saint!
Let’s get Zac Jones back for Ross.
Can we upgrade Kent?

Loving Ryder but think he blows up post 3/4 time. Marshall will need to be big in two weeks post 3Q especially if we play Pies.
But for now - CAAAAARRNNNN SLIIIILLLLDAHHHHHH!!!!!
Hunter will be a special midfielder

mXWKP57.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other campaigners can s**t on our club and us as much as they like

But they are jealous of our heart, our soul, our spirit, this is a club for real men and women, for the real football supporter, we dont need mergers or other cuck things, We are the St Kilda Football Club and we are ******* proud

Me too brother, the lads singing the song broke me, I'm stoked for all Saints people, the happiness and comradary in the rooms made the year
It was so GOOD

I really can't get over how we controlled that game after half time.

Sure it was set up for us, GWS just had to attack, no tempo football.

We won't come across that gamestyle in the finals, but that type of win gives us confidence.

We have another game lads. A weekend to relax watching footy, then a couple of weeks to take it easy.

The fast track of the team from lockdown and hub will be invaluable in the years to come. The winning away, the two wins in Adelaide, it will hold us in very good stead.

Wait to see this team tear opposition teams apart in longer games under the lid.

I said it during the gameday thread that it was our young players that led the way tonight, Marshall, Sinclair, Coffield, Clark, Howard, Long, King and Lonie.

Some of our senior guys were good at times too like Ryder, Hill. Steele, Geary, Membrey and Carlisle but it was our young brigade that stood up tonight.

Hill was great tonight, lived up to his price tag, worked the outer wing to perfection, helped out the half backs and then set up the half forwards for goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back