Autopsy AFL 2020 Premiership Season Second Qualifying Final - Lions v Tigers Fri October 2nd 7:50pm AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 50 23.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 69 32.7%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

45EAD8A3-EA6B-4C7A-B858-6F3DAA332426.png

FINAL LADDER POSITION
2ND V 3RD

2020 TOYOTA AFL PREMIERSHIP

SECOND QUALIFYING FINAL • BRISBANE V RICHMOND
FRIDAY OCTOBER 2ND 7:50PM AEST (GABBA)

Last 5 games
LIONS WWWWW
TIGERS WWWWW

LAST TIME THEY MET ROUND 10
Richmond 12.10.82
Brisbane 4.17.41

JOIN THE BIGFOOTY FINALS TIPPING COMPETITION!

Finals Tipping on BigFooty's own system.
Tip the AFL Finals now

Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won.

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

FINALS TEAMS

LIONS

B: D.Rich, D.Gardiner, H.Andrews
HB: Z.Bailey, R.Lester, G.Birchall
C: H.McCluggage, M.Robinson, C.Ah Chee
HF: D.Zorko, D.McStay, C.Rayner
F: O.McInerney, E.Hipwood, C.Cameron
FOLL: S.Martin, J.Lyons, L.Neale

I/C: J.Berry, L.McCarthy, K.Coleman, B.Starcevich
EMG: M.Hinge, C.Ellis-Yolmen, J.Payne, A.Smith

IN: H.Andrews, J.Berry
OUT: J.Payne, C.Ellis-Yolmen (both omitted)

TIGERS

B: D.Astbury, D.Grimes, N.Balta
HB: L.Baker, N.Vlastuin, B.Houli
C: K.McIntosh, J.Graham, M.Pickett
HF: J.Castagna, S.Bolton, D.Martin
F: M.Chol, J.Riewoldt, D.Rioli
FOLL: T.Nankervis, S.Edwards, T.Cotchin

I/C: D.Prestia, J.Short, J.Aarts, K.Lambert
EMG: O.Markov, J.Caddy, N.Broad, J.Ross

IN: S.Bolton, D.Prestia
OUT: J.Caddy, J.Ross (both omitted)

Listen to Michaels and the Bigfooty Tigercast crew as they give a run down on tonights Qualifying Final!

BRISBANE 10.9.69
RICHMOND 8.6.54

Last edited:

I think it's like the last 11 or 12 times that the Tigers have beaten the Lions. I don't see that changing here. How the Tigers set up structurally along with their game plan seems to really trouble the Lions.

I know the Lions will be out for revenge, but it just won't be enough. Tigers are basically full strength.

Tigers by 29.

Tipping a close one.
Both sides will be hoping their injured players get up and it could be the difference.
Harris for the Lions, Lynch and Prestia for for the Tigers.

I’m tipping Tigers by 20 points.

Interesting that many people believe the reason why the Lions have kicked so many points against Richmond is poor execution. This is not correct (well not completely correct). The biggest reason is that the Tigers have shut down the corridor to Brisbane forcing them to enter their F50 wide. This makes kicking for goal much more difficult.

Last game, Fagan attempted to move around this strategy but having his players switch the ball more regularly and use short kicks. It worked initially, but then we shut that down.

If the Lions are prepared to take us on through the middle and risk turnovers, they can beat us. If they try and play conservative football or overdo the risky play, we'll slaughter them.

I think it's like the last 11 or 12 times that the Tigers have beaten the Lions. I don't see that changing here. How the Tigers set up structurally along with their game plan seems to really trouble the Lions.

I know the Lions will be out for revenge, but it just won't be enough. Tigers are basically full strength.

Tigers by 29.
15 in a row. I'd say only the last 3/4 in a row are relevant, the rest is just interesting trivia

The last couple of weeks we’ve kicked better scores - player riskier but have leaked points like a sieve. No coincidence this is due to Andrews absence. Will be out for this game sadly. If Lynch is back, Payne will be in for a day to match his name.

The last couple of weeks we’ve kicked better scores - player riskier but have leaked points like a sieve. No coincidence this is due to Andrews absence. Will be out for this game sadly. If Lynch is back, Payne will be in for a day to match his name.
Andrews is back...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without Andrews, matching up on both Lynch/Riewoldt would be tough, but Andrews is probable to play. Lynch is probably less of a chance to get up than Andrews is.

All reports is that he will play. Andrews confident.

Personally i dont believe the Lions have the game plan to beat the Richmond 'System'

Lynch will certainly be up for this game and catching up with Robbo

Tigers have a different sort of confidence against the Lions and they will be extra determined to continue the roll against them

Tigers 26 points on a beautiful night in nice Dewy gabba surphace where its nice and slippery

Is this club propaganda or do we have a really good medical team?

Not really a lot of propaganda benefit.

Richmond is unlikely to be making huge plans for how to deal with him after all.

If he plays, then we do what we've done previously (maybe some small alterations from what we learned last time).
If he doesn't play, then we try and see if Lynch/Reiwoldt can exploit his replacement.

Not exactly rocket science or the stuff that will drag a lot of strategising away from other stuff.

As usual, punters running around with a thought, a characterisation that has taken hold that may be flat wrong.

In recent games between these 2 teams results have flattered rfc, and while they appeared to win well, lions need only to make adjustments and fine tune some things to turn the tables. This game is not the foregone conclusion many are saying. Lions have no trouble getting the ball and scoring against rfc and if they can be more assured and less anxious they will make it tough. Don't be duped by the uncritical media who as a herd just run from one assumption to another.

Will be close IMO

Amazing that Andrews has recovered and its actually sounding like Lynch is more likely to miss despite having a far more minor injury

Back