Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate it’s called ‘ask a Christian.’

it’s not
‘Mock a christian’
‘Make a Christian try to justify what they believe in’
‘Ask a Christian what they believe in and then tell them they’re wrong because you disagree with it’

why shouldn’t he post in here?

as for your last point, if he felt like he was being eaten alive I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t post here.

all I’ve seen him post is personal applications of what his belief has done in his life and professions that he believes it is real.

you wouldn’t ask a football fan why they support a team and then tell them they’re wrong just because you don’t see things from the same angle as they do
I'm advising him on how to avoid a trap out of kindness. Take it or leave it.

When you provide answers to questions, there are several people posting here who know how to pull apart answers from Christians in ways that your church won't equip you to deal with.

I've seen this play out many times and it usually ends up with the same result.

Subjective spiritual experiences aren't unique to Christianity. VW seems to think his subjective experience is objective truth, which is the main reason that his posts are so easily refuted.

OT God is often hard to understand.

The deity drowned everyone, because they weren't listening to him. What's not to understand?

He's a narcissist with a child's attitude towards being ignored, but unlike a child he has the ability to force compliance to his whims.

He's essentially superman, without the physical presence and the moral compass.
Still God. He tried to teach stubborn people lessons in ways that only He could explain.
We have clear proof in other parts of the OT that God can actively influence behaviour, and does so to meet his own ends.

He does what he wants, when he wants. Teaching doesn't really enter into it. He is more interested in the OT in your fear than your worship.
Are you angry He did that? Or that we believe in Him. Either way, you have no rights to anger as you don't believe in Him.
This is nonsense. Consider restating it in a way as to allow it to make sense.

Lol. I'm angry? I'm replying to your statement that it was a false God who demanded the 911 bombings by quoting a verse which shows that your God, the "true" God did in fact order mass killings.
There's no doubt that the 9/11 attack has the signature of OT god on it.

I suspect VW hasn't read the bible. Many Christians who read the bible become atheists. ;)

The deity drowned everyone, because they weren't listening to him. What's not to understand?

He's a narcissist with a child's attitude towards being ignored, but unlike a child he has the ability to force compliance to his whims.

We have clear proof in other parts of the OT that God can actively influence behaviour, and does so to meet his own ends.

He does what he wants, when he wants. Teaching doesn't really enter into it. He is more interested in the OT in your fear than your worship.

This is nonsense. Consider restating it in a way as to allow it to make sense.
The original Hebrew says they drowned themselves. Like VW said, it's hard to understand until you get the lobotomy.

1.He's a narcissist with a child's attitude towards being ignored, but unlike a child he has the ability to force compliance to his whims.

2.This is nonsense. Consider restating it in a way as to allow it to make sense.
1.You calling God a narcissist is just so pretentious.
2. And, no, that is exactly my meaning- no need to restate.

Lol. I'm angry? I'm replying to your statement that it was a false God who demanded the 911 bombings by quoting a verse which shows that your God, the "true" God did in fact order mass killings.
There are many sick and deluded people in this world. Always have been, and no doubt will continue.

There are many sick and deluded people in this world. Always have been, and no doubt will continue.

No doubt. But that doesn't address my point.

If we could eliminate Christianity, Islam, the Trump family, and Carlton, imagine how great the world could be.

1.You calling God a narcissist is just so pretentious.
Exodus 20:2 reads: "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. "You shall have no other gods before me."

Detail to me how this does not reflect a narcissistic attitude?
2. And, no, that is exactly my meaning- no need to restate.
Then what you mean is gibberish.

You seem to have good intentions so I'll try to let you down easy.

Nobody wants to know why you believe in fairytales. I'm not sure why you keep coming back because you have nothing of value to offer and even less to gain from replying to posts in this thread.

If you're happy in life, that's all anyone wants.

If you're not happy, or want to keep selling us sh*t that we don't need, you'll be eaten alive here.
You are doing exactly what many anti-Christ people have done. eg Paul,. Nothing you say eats anyone alive. I don't want to pity you, but you are clearly searching. I can come and go to this site as often as I please, and trust you'll still be here scarecrowing

Exodus 20:2 reads: "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. "You shall have no other gods before me."

Detail to me how this does not reflect a narcissistic attitude?
My cat and some girlfriends from the past have had that same attitude.

In their defense, they're at least real.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1.Detail to me how this does not reflect a narcissistic attitude?

2.Then what you mean is gibberish.
2. Sorry you have trouble understanding.
1.God has simply told you and all of us how it is.

You are doing exactly what many anti-Christ people have done. eg Paul,. Nothing you say eats anyone alive. I don't want to pity you, but you are clearly searching. I can come and go to this site as often as I please, and trust you'll still be here scarecrowing
I'm searching for food, mate. That's what the bible says. 1Peter5:8

Don't you believe the bible?

we were talking 911, but as you claim you used to be one, there may be some sour grapes?
Fundie Muslims were brave enough to do what fundie Christians dream about.

Faith is an acceptable form of stupidity. I'm a recovered Christian aka ex-Christian. What's your excuse?

I'm of the view that El Shaddai was a transcription error in the original text which stated al dente.

Praise the noodly one.

I think this is funny, quite possibly one of the funniest things I've read on here.

You're actively not disproving or disputing that God (as he is portrayed in the OT) is narcissistic. If anything this reply compounds that narcissism.

And I'm perfectly content not understanding the gibberish of the original post, because the words were not in an order designed to create meaning, whether literal or metaphor. I can speak so no-one can understand, too; does that mean I am a god?

Snorkel. Green. Cheese and cornflakes. Breathe and live shirty.

Amen.

It wasn’t lack of organised religion that screwed those countries.

where did I say it was?
Can you find that for me?

I was responded to the intonation that the world is somehow always going to be better without organised religion.

it’s a ridiculous idea because there is a tonne of proof that it wouldn’t be any different. Humankind is full of bell-ends. It always will be. Greed and power and the desire to dominate will ensure that there will always be hate, violence and misery somewhere.

are you saying all fundamental Christians would love to blow up buildings?
The only difference between Islam and Christianity is that Christianity has been molded through centuries of secular society. That loving god you serve is the same loving god they serve.

The books are the same. The believers think the same. We'll tame Islam too eventually. Give us time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back