Rumour Former Port player involved in motor vehicle incident

Remove this Banner Ad

Recently retired star Jack Watts ‘charged’ over car crash incident
Days before officially hanging up the boots, Port Adelaide’s Jack Watts was allegedly involved in an incident that’s landed him in hot water. Recently retired AFL star and number one draft pick Jack Watts has found himself in trouble with the law.

The Port Adelaide player officially hung up the boots on his playing career on September 24, but is in hot water over an alleged incident which unfolded on September 20.

Watts, 29, is set to face serious charges after failing to report a crash and driving without due care, according to Channel 7 reporter Mark Mooney.
“Police outlined the allegations that Watts was driving a Toyota Kluger at 2pm on Coral Sea Road and failed to stop after colliding with a parked Mazda Sedan,” Mooney said. “Watts will have to front court. But a short time ago his manager told 7News the collision was minor and he will be defending the charges.”
He has been summoned to appear in court at a later date.

He's still technically a Port player. WE GOT THEM!

They contacted them to see if they could get Jack to contact them. He was avoiding them and police. He wouldn't answer the door and the quicker you can get their insurance details, the quicker you get your car fixed. They had to wait 5 days before he contacted them to apologise and sort out insurance.

Not saying you’re wrong. But your first post said he took 4 days, now you’re saying 5 days. Will your next post say they had to wait a week?

I’m just being a dick btw it’s probably how you state it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not saying you’re wrong. But your first post said he took 4 days, now you’re saying 5 days. Will your next post say they had to wait a week?

I’m just being a dick btw it’s probably how you state it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably getting my days confused. Incident on Sunday. Retirement announcement on Thursday I think. He contacted them the day after. Disappointing really. He did something stupid. Should've owned up to it. Instead, he's caused more problems for the club and himself.

Probably getting my days confused. Incident on Sunday. Retirement announcement on Thursday I think. He contacted them the day after. Disappointing really. He did something stupid. Should've owned up to it. Instead, he's caused more problems for the club and himself.
He hasn't caused any issues for the club. You just want that to be the case because it'll make you feel better about the plight of the soulless franchise you support.

We should give Watts a 2 game suspension, one for each car door.
Low impact, high, careless.

Fortunately this prevented Crouch and Stengel being the lead story, I'm still really proud of them and would hate for their reputations to be affected.

:laughing:

RLFeYgd.jpg
I was scrolling down and wondering if i would see a couple of balls at the end.

Balls would of been better then that ugly mug.

Talk about gutter journalism. They even raked up the 'white substance episode' in Germany and tied the Watts traffic misdemeanor in with Stengle and Crouch. Somehow Jack Watts' traffic infringement had something to do with a couple of Cows players breaking the law?

I note there is no name on this bucket of s**t and that is not surprising.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL covid-19 quarantine rules prohibit contact with the public so can only imagine that after having the accident Jack Watts, who isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, panicked a bit and so rather than stop kept motoring.

Not dissimilar from Stengle choosing not to front court to face his DUI charge I guess.

Why do you care so much about this? Was it your side mirror he clipped?

Talk about gutter journalism. They even raked up the 'white substance episode' in Germany and tied the Watts traffic misdemeanor in with Stengle and Crouch. Somehow Jack Watts' traffic infringement had something to do with a couple of Cows players breaking the law?

I note there is no name on this bucket of sh*t and that is not surprising.

The photo on that article is a cracker

Has this only happened now, or is it referring to last week potentially? Only because just before the Jack Watts retirement was announced, a former Port employee, who still has plenty of friends there, mentioned to me he was retiring and had been involved in a hit and run. Then the retirement news came, but didn't hear anything about the hit and run she mentioned.
In highnsight you've got a good source

This might come across a little cryptic for newer Big Footy posters, so i shall explain.

When Graham Johncock drunkenly pinballed his car through Henley Beach all those years ago, the theory doing the rounds on the Adelaide Board was that Johncock wasn't actually driving, but Byron Pickett was behind the wheel, with Johncock taking the heat to cover for his mate.
I remember this distinctly doing the heavy rounds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back