Autopsy AFL 2020 Premiership Season First Elimination Final - Eagles v Pies Sat October 3rd 8:10pm AEST/6:10 WST (OPTUS) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 41 38.3%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 39 36.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly, the Kelly handpass to Cole with closing in Pies was the killer really. Even if he got a kick away it would have been indirect.

Predictably, Petch doing nothing and going missing in the 2nd half, and Ah Chee being Ah Chee, were our two worst. I never want to see them in our 22 again, bonafide whipping boys now. Harsh given young players, but that team selection backfires on us. There were a few others who had muted days, but I still felt deserved to be out there and did some nice things.

On the pregame external noise punditry, if there is any Eagles or Pies fan who didn't think the game was going to go down to the wire, and didn't respect what both sides dished out collectively, then they can gagf. I imagine most Eagles & Pies were ready for another nail-biter.
Achee missed a clear shot at goal put in out of bounce on the full, Petch had 2 touches good gracious Jetta would have been better

I remember after the 2018 GF how WCE supporters on here would comment how great Collingwood fans on here were after their loss, the way most eagles posters are carrying on since last nights loss its a shame it hasnt been the same, just whinge after whinge.

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app
This whole thread from start to finish was opposition supporters acting like total *******s as usual.

Once again, the Collingwood supporters were mostly fine and one or 2 WCE fans having a melt but supporters of the 2 team's were ok.

It's the neutrals who tend to ruin every game day thread that involves WCE or Collingwood.

Achee missed a clear shot at goal put in out of bounce on the full, Petch had 2 touches good gracious Jetta would have been better
Exactly, when I saw that Petch and Ah Chee both made the side for an obvious finals-level thriller like this, I had to look away.

I'm not too torn up about individual misses or individual frees, Collingwood were just having one of those hyper-accurate, kick-em-out-of-our-ass nights, we kicked fine for a typical final. A lot of little moments inflate with a 1pt result, but the deadly Pie goalkicking was something you can't do much about when defending the percentages.

You can have 10 free kicks deep in your D50 and I have 5 deep in my F50.

No difference ?

Rather than goal, scoring shots would be the better measure.
You do know a defensive free kick can prevent the attacking team from scoring.

Also the poster never mentioned where the free kicks were it was based on end result.

I'm fairly sure the Eagles had as many if not more shots on goal directly from a free kick.

Ah chee was pushed as he kicked, pretty tough on him there.
Even untouched he would have OOTFd though. That sort of player. Compare that to Allen a little earlier who kept his spine straight and got away cleanly despite being tackled. One player not ready for the moment, the other meeting it.

This whole thread from start to finish was opposition supporters acting like total *******s as usual.

Once again, the Collingwood supporters were mostly fine and one or 2 WCE fans having a melt but supporters of the 2 team's were ok.

It's the neutrals who tend to ruin every game day thread that involves WCE or Collingwood.
Exactly. More of an even rivalry, doesn't really have the spite that some campaigner neutrals and melt-magnets might want.

It's SO BigFooty that after such a magnificent finals game that had everything 90% of the posts here are complaining or trying to diminish.
Celebrate a great game & if your team lost, man up and congratulate the oppo.
Enjoy it FFS.
Tell that to the Richmond supporters lol.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaa, I absolutely love this, the tinniest free-kick advantaged sides on the planet the Eagles , and here's one complaining about it! Ha hahaha! Oh this is magic. Oi you guys got a free right in the goal square, are you joking, heh heh heh.

If you realised what people from other teams witness over the years, you'd get the picture.

Look!!!
Who gives a damn, this bleeding mob the Eagles, as good as they are , have been handed the backsides of opposition teams on a plate so many times its mind boggling .
I saw North Melbourne innihilated/crucified by free kicks in a prelim over here in WA, it was the most disgusting performances of tiggy touchwood free kicks, and destroying of a teams morale strength and confidence, I have ever witnessed, North got away in the start, then about 5 frees in a row ( to you know who) killed them. Fact
What ever it is, Umpires seem to see the frees mostly the Eagle's way, maybe its the strip colour combination and sunlight or flood lights I don't know. But I've seen it a million times, and it was bloody magnificent to see the other way tonight. Great job Collingwood.

There was no confusion tonight about the block or the shepherd that won the Eagles the GF in 2018, NO , it was wonderful.

Sorry for the gloating, but it is a beautiful thing , as a Vic expat, and its still home to me, I don't even follow Collingwood. Go Hawks.
Now to the fridge!!!!!! Again.
Great to hear another neutral mention that game against north Melb. To me, that was the most blatantly biased game I’ve ever witnessed in afl, was bordering on corrupt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is Plugger35? A Collingwood fan? Watch the game and not follow the sheep. WC get screwed more often than not
Seriously learn to accept a loss, as supporters the first go to is to assume your team was hard done by, I felt some of the decisions in the Brisbane v Richmond game hurt us, but do I believe it’s the reason we lost, no, the better team won, just like in 2018 when collingwood beat us, I hear Richmond posters claiming gastro and dustys knee, it’s pathetic, you play the players you can and whoever wins you accept it.
Was an unbelievable game, only reason wc supporters are copping is because of posters like yourself who always play the victim

They we’re all 50/50 at best. The below knees to Treloar could have just as easily been a kicking in danger. When all the 50/50s go against you and you lose by a single point of course you’re going to feel absolutely dirty about it.
Kicking in danger doesn’t come into play if someone slides in and takes the legs.

Kicking in danger doesn’t come into play if someone slides in and takes the legs.
Go watch it again. WC player was first to the ball and Treloar swung a leg that nearly collected his face. Surely it gets paid to the one that happens first? Regardless of if he took his legs in the follow through

The umpiring was a bit dodgy at times generally (but the noise of the ground does make it harder for umpires to get through their message clearly and I think that sees the odd awkward umpiring performance), but when you have the boom of such a hawkish crowd, full-on modern stadium and an opponent playing with confidence all up against you, you can't but respect the steely win. Both sides gave away a few dumb ones and got some gifts, but the intensity of the finals contest overleaps the odd decisions and sets the tone.

Go watch it again. WC player was first to the ball and Treloar swung a leg that nearly collected his face. Surely it gets paid to the one that happens first? Regardless of if he took his legs in the follow through
If you go in low and take the legs it doesn’t matter if you are first to the ball. It’s one of the more clear cut rules not subject to interpretation by the umpire.

Tell that to Dimma and Cotch bont whining at the umpires after the game. Richmond gave away some dumb 50 metre penalties
Not all though and the htb rule ,Cameron was caught and a swallowed whistle and then they get rewarded for the same tackle.

Anyway,well done to the Lions,they don’t umpire the game shockingly so good luck to em.

What a fantastic win with the Eagles getting seriously looked after with the umpiring.
Maynard getting a holding the ball against when it was two eagles with the ball tackling each other was a disgrace.
And how did McGovern not get pinned for HTB after he clearly dropped that mark in the last quarter and he just stood there.

Top win to beat the eagles in Perth after getting bent over by the umps all game.

One of the better finals games I've watched in recent times.

The build up with the dumb off field stuff like 'dirty pies' really added to the story. This one will be re-played for a while.

Still a shame one of them had to win ;)

What a fantastic win with the Eagles getting seriously looked after with the umpiring.
Maynard getting a holding the ball against when it was two eagles with the ball tackling each other was a disgrace.
And how did McGovern not get pinned for HTB after he clearly dropped that mark in the last quarter and he just stood there.

Top win to beat the eagles in Perth after getting bent over by the umps all game.
One of the worst umpired games I've seen - I think it was Adams not Maynard who literally was tackling the WC player and himself got pinged for holding the ball. Also: a clear Coll'wood mark/push in the back (take your pick) in fwd50 was called play-on; a Coll'wood mark on edge of 50 and dumped well after the play - obvious 50; the tackle on McGovern with no attempt to dispose at top of the square. That's 3 goals right there that the Pies should have had. Here's another one - Richmond had 2 instances where whistle was blown then player kicked the ball. Both resulted in 50s. Harsh, but fair according to the letter of the law. Happened to WC and Shuey I think handballed much later after the whistle than either of the Richmond ones - they brought the ball back to the Pies player but no 50. I'm so sick of umpires being influenced by interstate crowds.

If you don’t think the umpires weren’t at the very least a 1 point difference in Collingwoods favour then you were watching a different game. You can get away with saying umpiring is just an excuse in a 3 goal+ game but in a one point game it was literally a gamechanger. Eddie will be glad his brown paper bag went through before the final siren. Absolute rort
Childish post.

Back