Autopsy 2nd Semi Final, 2020: Richmond v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else surprised at the lopsided amount of talk about Lynch as opposed to Cotchin for MRO talk out of this game

I’ve got to be honest with you, I didn’t really think that much of Lynch’s knee, seemed like a little niggle type of thing that could happen on the bottom of a contest/tackle situation a few times throughout a game, just getting up and doing something a bit grubby on the way.

But Cotchin grabbed Jones around the neck with one hand and the face with his other hand and slung him pretty hard, after play had already stopped. Pretty dirty and actually has the potential to do damage.

Yet no one in the media has really talked about it post game, and all I can see are news articles talking about Tom Lynch and how he’s in trouble today.

Cotchin is precious. I heard some commentator say after the game that "Cotchin is the type of player that even your Grandmother's love...he's such a great guy."
Personally think he needs a smack in the mouth. It's a "Big boys game." after all.

Righto....

Im still pissed about the hits
I dont care about the knee, soft, doogs kinda just looked at him, nothing in it.
The elbow he ******* lined up patts head
He couldnt get the mark saw patts cutting the hole and bent that arm and collected the back of his head..ive watched it enough times to know what he did
Yup compare him to Plugger ( u idiot commentators)...as deliberate as plugger on caven just not as blatent...but he couldnt tie pluggers boots

Cotchins a flogg
Always has been dirty
That tackle hurt jones back and stuck the fingers in just to add more floggness
What a stain that bloke is
Someones gonna line him up and i cant wait

Hill is outside, we know this..if the inside isnt working or getting the pill then neather does hill
His strength is run and carry and delivery
Cant deliver if you don't get the pill, he is a receiver

Billings, look i thought he had a crack, saw him down back helping and tried hard imo
Has he been disappointing...sure
Do we trade him
Gee toughie...im prob 55/45 on the keep side
I think his best possie is half fwd flank
Max needs about 8kg and Peter Hudson or at least Lloydy
Doogs needs a few kilo on too and someone to help him...not sure on jake
Love him but he looks stiff in the back still to me
Keep seb
Bytel we need in the guts asap
Bloke gets the ball out to blokes like jonesy
Which, is why jonesys second half dropped off near the end..no Gresh to get it out..

See??
So no we arent trading hill or jonsey ffs
If we lose major role players other guys roles become inefficent in the output

Gotta remember
We had a fantastic ruck prob our best hard ball bull in a china shop mid, and our centre half back out injuried, plus...our swing man who plays multiple possies going in injuired and breaks his foot a qtr and a half in
The umps screwing us 10 inches deep with a cactus and some really cruel bounces

We had a fair crack and at one point if we kicked a goal (cant remember who or when it was) but we would've only been 12 down and still had a sniff

Heads high peoples
Its draft time

Ok what else
Lonie..hmm
My pref for small fwds is butts and gresh
So, yeah depends on getting mids at draft time and bytel stepping up...
Kent goes...never really been a fan tbh
Sinclair stays
Hes the bench rotation and can play mid..has compossure in my opinion and is creative.
Sav..love to keep him but if he gets offers and wants to do the right thing by family then i wish him all the best and people are right, he is too good for vfl.

Club as a whole?
Couldn't be prouder
Look at the changes behind the scenes
Moorabbin, the girls side, the recruiting

We are on the bloody March!!

Hopefully we can get over to melbs for footy in 2021, really missed it
Mrs and i always plan a trip over and love it there...was disappointing to not be able to do that in 2020

Lastly, you lot of bastards
giphy (5).gif
Been a great year in here, great chats, good mods and respect shown 95% of the time (mehh theres always someone saying dumb s**t...

...but theres always a gif for a response)

Oh and one more thing
HunterClarksHeadband is the greatest Saints related username ever

Righto....

I dont care about the knee, soft, doogs kinda just looked at him, nothing in it.
He couldnt get the mark saw patts cutting the hole and bent that arm and collected the back of his head..ive watched it enough times to know what he did
Yup compare him to Plugger ( u idiot commentators)...as deliberate as plugger on caven just not as blatent...but he couldnt tie pluggers boots

Cotchins a flogg
Always has been dirty

Hill is outside, we know this..if the inside isnt working or getting the pill then neather does hill

Billings, look i thought he had a crack, saw him down back helping and tried hard imo
Do we trade him
Keep seb
Which, is why jonesys second half dropped off near the end..no Gresh to get it out..

See??

Gotta remember
We had a fantastic ruck prob our best hard ball bull in a china shop mid, and our centre half back out injuried, plus...our swing man who plays multiple possies going in injuired and breaks his foot a qtr and a half in

We had a fair crack and at one point if we kicked a goal (cant remember who or when it was) but we would've only been 12 down and still had a sniff

Heads high peoples
Its draft time

Ok what else
Lonie..hmm
Sinclair stays
Hes the bench rotation and can play mid..has compossure in my opinion and is creative.
Sav..love to keep him but if he gets offers and wants to do the right thing by family then i wish him all the best and people are right, he is too good for vfl.

Club as a whole?
Couldn't be prouder

Mrs and i always plan a trip over and love it there...was disappointing to not be able to do that in 2020

View attachment 982294
Been a great year in here, great chats, good mods and respect shown 95% of the time (mehh theres always someone saying dumb sh*t...

Oh and one more thing

terrific post PC. I agree with you on almost every point. Great year - lots of work to do but on the right track.

Copped the Ben Long treatment on the mainboard last night for complaining about the umpiring so I wasn't able to give my drunken thoughts on the game then.

So I will now.

Disappointed to lose but still feeling positive, our full strength team, kicking straight with some fair umpiring we would have beaten Richmond last night.

Next year we should be aiming for Top 4 to have a real crack at it, the improvement of our young guns like King, Clark, Coffield, add a couple more and look out.

We are on the march.

All that separated us was our finishing. If we kicked straight in the second on third quarters we are balls deep.

Let that sink in.

Super proud - of every single player. But now I have high expectations on the list management team to make us better and the coaches to get a plan in place for pre season that will push these boys that way our last group needed pushing.
The "expected scores" for the two teams (if each team kicked at the AFL average from where they had their shots from) were 77 to 72.

Despite us:

Missing 4 of our best 18 or so, while they just missed Soldo.

Being much less experienced and younger.

Having 1 less day to recover/prepare.

Playing it at a ground they'd won 6 from 6 at this year.

Having a guy sit out 30 mins of the game and then return to play with a broken foot.

Bring shafted by the ARC review and at least one 50m penalty goal.

Etc.

My take-

We lost by 31 points...

Should have been a 50 when Balta (?) knocked Kent over. We missed our shot. 50 and we get the Goal - difference 26 points

Should have been a 50 for Billings when cotchin was a turd. Goal- difference 21 points

Should have been a free when Lynch sniped Paton. Bolton kicked a goal. Difference 15 points

Should have given the ball back to Winx and Battle coz clearly those missed shots were just practice kicks. Difference 3 points

We get a bonus 1 goal coz it's a big boys game and we are only little.

Richmond are taxed 1 goal coz they are arse wipes, 2nd only to methendon on my most despised list.

We won by 9 points!

Well done Sainters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Righto....

Cotchins a flogg
Always has been dirty

Do we trade him
Keep seb

See??

Gotta remember

Heads high peoples
Its draft time

Ok what else
Lonie..hmm
Sinclair stays

Club as a whole?
Couldn't be prouder

View attachment 982294
Been a great year in here, great chats, good mods and respect shown 95% of the time (mehh theres always someone saying dumb sh*t...

Oh and one more thing

Cheers mate
Dont usually do posts like that

Im more the gif twit that has a laugh and posts one liners but after this year we can all see the future and god damn its exciting so thought i should prob post an opinion.

Just pissed not being able to get to a game
Missed both sa games this year tickets went so fast, cant get to the dome in vic
Let's hope 2021 we can get back to a normal footy life

I’d also point out hunter clarks headband is hiding a multitude of sins, poor lad is going to be more Zak Jones than Brodie Grundy in no time at all
Lol at least we know his secret.

My take-

We lost by 31 points...

Should have been a 50 when Balta (?) knocked Kent over. We missed our shot. 50 and we get the Goal - difference 26 points

Should have been a 50 for Billings when cotchin was a turd. Goal- difference 21 points

Should have been a free when Lynch sniped Paton. Bolton kicked a goal. Difference 15 points

Should have given the ball back to Winx and Battle coz clearly those missed shots were just practice kicks. Difference 3 points

Richmond are taxed 1 goal coz they are arse wipes, 2nd only to methendon on my most despised list.

We won by 9 points!

Well done Sainters

You missed the blatant 50 for Cotch tackling jones after the intercept mark on the wing. Certain goal from that.

We won by 15, bring on port

That would be bad. The potential injury Cotchin could sustain would be incredible and Steele would get 6 weeks off

Could pull a Fyfe, just when Cotch is prone after failing to extract, just waft on through and knee him in the side of the head. Don't make it obvious that you're doing it, just look clueless "what? Me? I was coming through from the extract to receive, how was I supposed to know his head was there, there's 3 blokes on top of him."

Long plays and during the match he's then on report for running through someone and we miss him next week since Port were snowflakes last time we played. Winner winner chicken dinner.

I’ll just say one more thing about the long suspension (and then I’ll shut up cause I know we’re all sick of hearing about it).

You can argue the force and impact til the cows come home, if the application is based on the outcome (is the “victim” injured) as it has been for many many years (something I vehemently opposed when Koby Stevens was suspended for a perfect tackle that left an opponent unconscious) then the players and fans know what leads to a suspension. Intent is almost irrelevant. So by that measure Long should not have been suspended. In Longs case the afl changed this application to “potential to cause injury” if that’s the new measure then personally I can’t argue that long should have gotten off. His bump 100% had the potential to cause injury (and serious injury at that) so as a fan I can accept that, albeit very very late and clearly after the act, the rules mean he must be suspended.

The issue arises when Cotch and Lynch do what they did. There’s no reasonable way you could argue that Cotch and Lynch’s action do not present the “potential to cause injury”. In essence either all three of those actions must be suspended or none of them should. The afl obviously has the out that the tribunal vs the mrp applies the “rules differently, but that’s bullshit. As a fan I have no idea what’s worthy of a suspension anymore and as a player I also wouldn’t have a clue.

It’s insanity and it feels like no one in AFL circles seems to have any concern about it at all.

Quite surprised to see Tony Jones and Barrett on the Footy Show highlight Cotchin‘s tackle around Jones’ neck. They were very surprised that there had been no mention if it by the MRO, even to say that he had looked at it, as they felt it had potential to do more harm than Lynch.
Watching it again, in the cold light of day, it was as bad as I remembered and nothing like a ”tackle which slipped high” which was Cotchin’s excuse.

Hope Port play a lot more physically against them than we did.

As an aside, Barrett did also say that Melbourne were the front runners for Ben Brown, which I am somewhat relieved about.

My take-

We lost by 31 points...

We won by 9 points!

Well done Sainters
Interesting logic there! Fact is- we were slack early in the game, gave them an easy 3 goal start and had too many passengers and took an injured player (Battle) into the game, which was a dud move. We did bloody well to only go down by 30 points considering that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back