Autopsy 2nd Elimination Final, 2023: St.Kilda v GWS *WEBSTER 150TH* *BATTLE 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm of the opinion that the less US influence on our sport, the better. I hate the thought that some in the AFL want to emulate the big US sports, what we've got works well. We don't need to be the Superbowl, or the NBA
Extra trade periods, wildcard rounds, I cringe when I hear all of it.

I really don't understand whether people have against Mason Cox.

I think it's refreshing to have someone from a different culture succeed in AFL, and he's helping the sport get a little notoriety in the US which might bring more American players in the future, or at least more supporters. His goggles are unique too. He's been valuable for his team on field too - I'd have loved it if our Jason Holmes could have been as successful as Cox has been so far.

I hope he gets a premiership medal eventually and makes even more waves back in the USA.
I think it’s the “American” style that people aren’t used to here, whereas in American sports it’s big and brash and trash talking and arrogance. He seems like a terrific fella off the field.

I think it's refreshing to have someone from a different culture succeed in AFL, and he's helping the sport get a little notoriety in the US which might bring more American players in the future, or at least more supporters. His goggles are unique too. He's been valuable for his team on field too - I'd have loved it if our Jason Holmes could have been as successful as Cox has been so far.

I hope he gets a premiership medal eventually and makes even more waves back in the USA.

We hate confident people. Humility is the way to endear yourself to an Aussie. Pretty similar to England actually. AFL players have to be as tough as a roo bar and as humble as plain rice. He can get ****ed he wears weird goggles and sounds foreign.

We hate confident people. Humility is the way to endear yourself to an Aussie. Pretty similar to England actually. AFL players have to be as tough as a roo bar and as humble as plain rice. He can get ****ed he wears weird goggles and sounds foreign.
He mouthes off alot, so assume he's a knob. It may not be correct of course. 😊

If you like big, lanky, google eyed foreigners then you’ll be rapt with our latest Cat B signing ☺️

sw7o3XT.gif

This guys entire personality is being an American. Full blown w***er.

Got nothing against the US, but if you start every conversation or statement with “as an American” you can piss right off
He's insufferable. Guy was a failed basketballer turned spud footballer that reckons he's the second coming of Carey.

Extra trade periods, wildcard rounds, I cringe when I hear all of it.
Oh come on! What about the Vince Lombardi trophy Ron Barassi premiership cup and night Grand Finals!!!

He's a dickhead

I don't care where he's from

He's a dickhead

The subsequent two weeks of finals should confirm that we're not that far away.
Our performance against GWS in the Elimination Final was certainly put into perspective after the next two games. That game put into sharp focus what we need to do to improve. But it showed we are on the right track for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back