Preview 2nd Elimination Final, 2023: St.Kilda v GWS - MCG, Saturday 9th September, 3:20PM AEST *WEBSTER 150TH* *BATTLE 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 85 86.7%
  • Giants

Votes: 13 13.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m an unashamed Jimmy fan & have a soft spot for Battle also…hope both have great games & get to sing the song at games end!

Jimmy is a huge favourite of mine. Tough as nails Tassie boy with a laser focused left boot.

He's at the peak of his career at the moment, if he can towel up Greene then we will be most of the way to winning.

Stocker desperately unlucky, but Windy was playing Ross' role so they've decided to move Windy back with Ross playing. Out of Stocker and Windhager, I would play Windhager (and I love Stocker).

I think Clark is lucky, but Lyon is backing a hunch.

Byrnes best suited to be the sub, especially at the MCG.

Stocker desperately unlucky, but Windy was playing Ross' role so they've decided to move Windy back with Ross playing. Out of Stocker and Windhager, I would play Windhager (and I love Stocker).

I think Clark is lucky, but Lyon is backing a hunch.

Byrnes best suited to be the sub, especially at the MCG.

22 games for Stocker, hope he gets rewarded with a nice contract going forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nervous.
Watching tonight it's a reminder you need big, strong, hard bodies for finals football.
Anyone else think we look short and small compared to GWS??

The game (we won) away against them earlier in the year was very physical like a final.
We matched it with them then, no reason to suggest we wont again.
We've also got a fit list now, who have played good football (ie not panicking bombs fwd etc) for the last month.

Gws should be equally nervous.

Taylor was always going to play, King absolutely tore them a new one last time, without him they had no one that could remotely go with him. Got the feeling it’s a big risk, hopefully his hammy pops in the first 5 mins. Not sure King runs enough to put it under much pressure though.

Yeah, I'm enjoying them rolling the dice on taylor.

He's a gun- but underdone gun's in a final can be worse than a fit plodder

Clark’s no doubt on notice..must perform!!
Clark plays midfield these days, so Webster for me. Webster is tough, can kick a ball. He is just not a contested beasts like Stocker is, punches the ball away, then loses footing, allow opposition players to swoop in, also does not have good composure with the ball.

Maybe Lyon might try Stocker in the midfield next season- seems to me to be a junior version of Jack Steele.

Maybe Lyon might try Stocker in the midfield next season- seems to me to be a junior version of Jack Steele.
I reckon he's suited to the wet, and I don't mind his disposal at all. He bites off some nice kicks into the corridor pretty often and usually pulls it off well. Not many 50 gamers do it much better.

We're probably not a bad wet weather team overall, though. So not dropping anyone else on that point. Unless Seb's hammy is in doubt, probably Byrnes sub as everyone's saying.

How wet is the game looking btw?

Defender Harry Himmelberg said during the week that the Giants have been asking ‘why not us?’

GWS playing ratts-ball.

Saints by eleventy goals.

I reckon he's suited to the wet, and I don't mind his disposal at all. He bites off some nice kicks into the corridor pretty often and usually pulls it off well. Not many 50 gamers do it much better.

We're probably not a bad wet weather team overall, though. So not dropping anyone else on that point. Unless Seb's hammy is in doubt, probably Byrnes sub as everyone's saying.

How wet is the game looking btw?
1694134733698.png

Congrats, our biggest preview thread for a game since the 2nd Semi of 2020 (1891 posts)

Seems appropriate

All the best to everyone tomorrow, especially all the people (like me) who after over a decade of waiting, are taking their (brainwashed) children to their first St Kilda final. Our five seats will contain three generations of St Kilda supporters.

Just enjoy it everyone, and hopefully it is just the beginning of something very wonderful.

Strength Through Loyalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back