Preview 2nd Elimination Final, 2023: St.Kilda v GWS - MCG, Saturday 9th September, 3:20PM AEST *WEBSTER 150TH* *BATTLE 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 85 86.7%
  • Giants

Votes: 13 13.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People still wear toupees?

I'd get one for the lols and ask them to attach a really top hat to it.

Then again, for a work gig I did end up being the proud owner of a blue mowhawk, so might just get a cap and rock that.

People still wear toupees?

Sounds like something out of an old English comedy. That said there are lots of instagram reels of guys fitting toupees.

I always thought the last final I attended was in 97 but today Google Photos said "hey remember this from this day in 2006?" and I was like "oh s**t, yeah..."

I was living in Madrid at the time but I'd come back to Aus for a few weeks R&R and I'd managed to squeeze in a final i went with a Bombers supporting mate. The first time I'd been to a footy match in 3 years. That must have been the last time since for me too. Maybe I was jinxing the Saints, they've got a lot better since I left the country!

Obviously not a particularly happy or lasting memory for me - or Grant Thomas who was sacked the next day IIRC. Screenshot_20230908_100156_Photos.jpg

As I rock an Arthur Mainwaring, I can only speak from observation not personal experience.

Is that like a balding Brian May for those that didn't experience the Middle Ages in person?

No, the Captain from Dad’s Army.

Googled that and he has a hat on in every pic. I thought you meant Arthur Maynwaring who was a Whig. I'm not up with modern pop culture references from the olden days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol on Sen Kane recons we kick 7 goals and king will go goalless 😮
He’s deliberately calling that to stir up saints fans. He was quick onto the club for putting out that promo with everyone in the media doubting us all year (mainly him). So he’s just trying to double down and get a response

I always thought the last final I attended was in 97 but today Google Photos said "hey remember this from this day in 2006?" and I was like "oh s**t, yeah..."

I was living in Madrid at the time but I'd come back to Aus for a few weeks R&R and I'd managed to squeeze in a final i went with a Bombers supporting mate. The first time I'd been to a footy match in 3 years. That must have been the last time since for me too. Maybe I was jinxing the Saints, they've got a lot better since I left the country!

Obviously not a particularly happy or lasting memory for me - or Grant Thomas who was sacked the next day IIRC.View attachment 1797345
I was watching that game at the Blarney Stone pub in Osaka. A pretty good night despite the result.

All... I am immensely excited.
What a journey and achievement this year has been already, really.
New coach, year of exploration, quite low expectations initially, genuine KIDS holding up our fwd half, to in the 8 all year and playing our first final at the G in over a decade.
How good that we get to go experience that. How f***in good.
Hope we turn up en masse, with some serious passion and volume. Make Nick Foote swing his differential the other way lol.
My first Saints final live personally, hope to see you all there :beercheers:

Excuse me is this the elimination final thread or am i lost?

Personally i just shave the remnants, i'm too cheap to buy a toupee.
I hear you man. Just shave it off and stop worrying about what is gone and lost.
However the great elephant in the room here needs to be addressed.
I want to know why none of us are worrying about how one of our favourite posters in #gringo2011 has outed himself as an insta toupee reel fetishist.
It is a blatant cry for help.
Rally for the man. 'Tis bigger than the finals game itself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back