Autopsy 2nd Elimination Final, 2023: St.Kilda v GWS *WEBSTER 150TH* *BATTLE 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing end to the season but proud of our young team to get this far. Plenty of new kids along for the ride, and plenty of room for improvement. The Boss now knows what he's working with - going to be a very interesting off-season ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing today but we’ve had a very good year. Will build from here.
100% mate.
We need to keep this front of mind when reviewing the season.
Never dropped outside the 8 and same again should be the goal after a reasonable list turnover.
Shuffle our mids (Windy and Owens) and get Henry across and see how we go.
Small forwards a secondary concern to our midfield worries.
Solid fb a tertiary need.

Your team has 3-4 holes in it, plug those with a few talented players and another off season learning and perfecting RTB’s game plan and wow I would put your mob in contention for a tilt at the flag. Bad luck on today but I’m glad my partner is a saint so I could enjoy watching the saints this year!

How good would it be to have a Tom Green.

Young bull!

Same old Saints. Too many leaving it up to too few.

Backs got a lesson.
Mids got toweled up.
And our young blokes got shown up by their young blokes.
I hope it burns Pou because he was a deer in headlights.
Can't have Cordy as a preferred backman. Way too many times he got shown up by Riccardi and Hogan. Love his effort. But effort alone can't win you flags.

In saying that what ever has occurred overnight would no doubt have played on their mind.

Not good enough in the end but hard to win game when you are playing against the yellow lime green maggots as well

So many decisions that were missed our way that led to Giants scoring or us going forward

Need a midfield badly ...... we were obliterated out of the middle

Hill and Wanga were huge and shout out to Steele, Sharman, Battle and Marshall who had good games

Good season fellas ..... we were totally written off but made Finals

Onwards and upwards .... Go Saints!!

Sharman needs to stay in the team moving forward. He was big today.

Hill showed why we brought him in. He really stood up today. Battle had a big second half.

I said when Ross was made coach that this year is a free hit. Now he has a chance to shape the list properly. We’ve got a really great young core. NWM was another who had a great game.

Will be a few players out there today that won’t be with us next year, but I don’t think we will miss them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back