Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fundamentally disagree that we were lucky to beat Geelong. We were in total control. Geelong kicking a lot of points is a product of our system denying them high percentage chances and them increasingly panicking that they couldn't score and taking speculative shots from the boundary line.

Richmond just got hold of us in the middle. Spanked us at centre clearances, which is vital given the elite defense of both sides. Last time, we absolutely spanked them at centre clearances and won comfortably.

The idea that we were a clear step below either Geelong or Richmond this year is silly. We beat Geelong comfortably in a final and lost to Richmond by a kick despite a huge finals experience disparity and losing the midfield.
Plus Richmond we just had the usual What happens Port? of a hobbled Burton in the forward line and two of our best players on the bench at the end due to AFL runner rules. Any one of Burton not injured, Wines OR Rozie out there when we were peppering the 50 at the death and odds are we win. Just so Ports 2015-2019 that we hit 0 from 3 when it mattered most.

I know it's an unpopular opinion but I'm sticking by it, so I'll agree to disagree with everyone. Had we won the right to play Geelong this week in Brisbane I think we are less than a 20% chance of winning that game. If I was to bet I would 100% be betting on Geelong.

I’m with you CookBook, but I’d love a crack at that 20%. Let’s also not forget Geelong beat us by 10 goals in the minor round. I live in the minority crowd almost permanently on this board.

I’m with you CookBook, but I’d love a crack at that 20%. Let’s also not forget Geelong beat us by 10 goals in the minor round. I live in the minority crowd almost permanently on this board.

Most wasps do lead solitary lives man

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see how it's much different from what happens with ball ups already. In the last minutes of close games you will see the leading team try and force repeat stoppages by grabbing the ball in a pack and claiming no prior opportunity to dispose of it. The umpires never pay HTB in those situations but why should that tactic be more legitimate than knocking the ball over the line to generate another stoppage?
The current rules don't allow ruckmen to hit the ball out on the full. So even if they're trying to direct it at the boundary, they still have to hit it towards the ground. That brings the other players into the game. But you've removed the deliberate rule so a ruckman can just punch it up out of play.

Umpire 26 is a corrupt campaigner
He got a Grand Final gig. Craig Fleer is from SA. Umpired the 2015 SANFL GF

He was the least worst of the QF umpires against Geelong. Ray was the worst, #2 Nick Foot was only marginally better and Freer paid a couple of shockers but was a lot better than the other 2.

Last edited:

It is believed Parfitt and two first-rounders or Parfitt, Esava Ratugolea and a first-round selection would be enough for the Giants to hand over Cameron.

Both Geelong and Parfitt would bristle at the mere mention of him leaving as the ink dries on a new two-season contract

If the Cats hold firm on Parfitt, GWS will threaten to open negotiations with other clubs such as Collingwood, which would test Cameron’s desire to get to Geelong and place his management under significant pressure as well

“It is disappointing, he (Cameron) is a foundation player and an outstanding young person,” Giants chief executive Dave Matthews told Sportsday on Monday night.

“If Geelong was bottom four, I don’t think he’d be going there, would he?

“It’s highly likely that we will match the offer, so the ball is in Geelong’s court to see if they can satisfy us with a trade.

Really happy that GWS are standing their ground on this

Choco to North would be a great fit, he would help develop the players well and mentally put them in a good mindset.

Or Ross Lyon... they’ll go for experience this time.

Imagine how bad you'd have to be to be at the point where a literal egomaniac running your club is actually a good fit and an improvement.

Imagine how bad you'd have to be to be at the point where a literal egomaniac running your club is actually a good fit and an improvement.
It would be like electing Donald Trump to run your country ...... oh wait :oops:

71u5or9v97u51.jpg

Emmanual Irra has become an absolute unit (whilst also making himself shorter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back