Preview Geelong v Richmond 2020 Grand Final Sat Oct 24 @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you live?

I'm contemplating the same but just 3 hours to change it from 9 30am to 12 30pm in the UK. Let's me have a few more appropriately timed beers during and after. But I know as usual I'll crack and watch it live.

Vancouver. Temped to watch it live but my kid has a soccer game in the morning. I'd rather have a few beers, lay out some food/snacks and watch with my wife in the afternoon.

Same here! Weren't cheap ($400+) and had to get the all-clear from the Mrs, but going to be there rain, hail, or... well, it won't be shining (silly night finals).

We Brisbane Cats fans are incredibly lucky - the one year the world gets turned upside down and the AFL is forced up to QLD just happens to be the year that the team finally breaks their prelim hoodoo. That said, being there live has got me more nervy now - got to witness the 2007 celebration AND the 2008 disaster in person. I think I'll go ballistic if I hear a 2020 equivalent of "THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT" :mad:
Have you been to a GF before?

Just enjoy the day, it’s the best day ever, especially if we win 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

You’ll be there to see GAJ’s last game! That is HUGE!!!

I’m on my last nerve already 🤣🤣🤣 So I know how you’re feeling. I went to 2011 + it was one of the best days of my life

💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙
Go Cats!!!

I've not been able to stomach food or beers until half time this finals series! Not great on mornings as is. 11am I get firing. May lift my game this weekend. Which my girlfriend will be delighted with.
I’ve been in training during the Plague!
Pyjamas all day + change into night pyjamas at 5pm.
Cats’ trackies + t’shirt for games, almost like Black Tie 😜
Day Drinking 🍾🥂🍾🍷🍾🥂🍾🍷
Lots of cooking 🥘

(Not that I needed training, as a crazy, cat lady)

Ratings and comments on them. Was it one of them who gave an deliberate out of bounds against PA in the Richmond forward pocket. The PA player was aiming a handball at his player just inside the boundary. It missed and was somehow deemed deliberate. Don't know if a goal was scored. Or was one of them umpiring on Sat night when it was 10 to 2 at half time, against us?????

Last week I watched all the Lions fans milling round before the game all buzzy and happy with a slightly envious feeling. "Look at all these happy, optimistic fans... they haven't been scarred over and over with prelim losses".
Have you been to a GF before?

Just enjoy the day, it’s the best day ever, especially if we win 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

You’ll be there to see GAJ’s last game! That is HUGE!!!

I’m on my last nerve already 🤣🤣🤣 So I know how you’re feeling. I went to 2011 + it was one of the best days of my life

💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙
Go Cats!!!

Yep, got to be at the G in 2007 (agree, one of the best days of my life!) and 2008 (one of the worst). Stupidly put my career ahead of the GF in 2009, still kicking myself.

I might've seen GAS play once live as I didn't start going to games at the Gabba until 96. Then it was a constant stream of watching the Lions bully our team around for almost a decade (though I was at the drought-breaker in 2004 down at KP - for someone who'd watched us get smashed by that team over and over again, that's right up there in my footy favs).

I don't care how we win this one. 0.1. to 0.0 - fine (bonus if Gaz kicks that behind). We "119" them - equally OK. Let's just send GAJ off the way he deserves!

Ratings and comments on them. Was it one of them who gave an deliberate out of bounds against PA in the Richmond forward pocket. The PA player was aiming a handball at his player just inside the boundary. It missed and was somehow deemed deliberate. Don't know if a goal was scored. Or was one of them umpiring on Sat night when it was 10 to 2 at half time, against us?????
ATSAM I’ve searched + cannot find who the umpires were on Saturday night. IIRC Fleer umpired.

Thankful Razor isn’t umpiring. But I’m no fan of Stevic. Remember he cost us the 2010 Final against StK paying a free against Mooney?

EDIT: Saturday night umpires -
Fleer,
Shaun Ryan
Rob Findlay
Thanks to winty

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last week I watched all the Lions fans milling round before the game all buzzy and happy with a slightly envious feeling. "Look at all these happy, optimistic fans... they haven't been scarred over and over with prelim losses".

Yep, got to be at the G in 2007 (agree, one of the best days of my life!) and 2008 (one of the worst). Stupidly put my career ahead of the GF in 2009, still kicking myself.

I might've seen GAS play once live as I didn't start going to games at the Gabba until 96. Then it was a constant stream of watching the Lions bully our team around for almost a decade (though I was at the drought-breaker in 2004 down at KP - for someone who'd watched us get smashed by that team over and over again, that's right up there in my footy favs).

I don't care how we win this one. 0.1. to 0.0 - fine (bonus if Gaz kicks that behind). We "119" them - equally OK. Let's just send GAJ off the way he deserves!
Wow! You’ve been to a few.

I saw GAS lots of times + saw him kick his bags of 14 Goals. Had a friend, who was his strapper + saw him in his Speedos at Training
1603236635565.gif

Grand Final ‘gatherings‘ loophole found. . .

Places of worship:
Up to 5 people can attend a place of worship to conduct a ceremony being broadcast.

A group of five, plus the reverend, may gather outside for worship.

Join me on Saturday night at 7:30 to worship the Son of God + the Messiah
🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Reverend Kitty

4D19FEFD-CB8E-45EB-AEBE-EB99E6D2B078.jpeg

yes, very; comes on outta the blue, just below the surface..
can’t wait for the game to begin!

Exactly the same - I'll be going about normal things with no issues, and suddenly it's like "we're in a grand final on Saturday" and butterflies in the stomach

I went for a drive yesterday to the local bakery, I was listening to the radio on my way back & they started discussing Saturday being Ablett's last game and they are putting together an audio compilation of thank you messages from the fans and it'll be given to him before this weekend. Listening to the intro to it all with the coverage of his return to Geelong, match day commentary etc, I got a bit teary

Wish Saturday would hurry up

Bit unfair that Richmond can go the knuckle knowing they face Carlolton in the first round next year :(
Considering their dirty, cheating thugs are never sanctioned! 🤯🤯🤯

2011 was the only Grand final I have been too ( bar the 2009? Pre season comp GF)

Easily the best day of my life bar finding out about my daughter of course , went with all my collingwood mates who all left in the first 10 mins of the last qtr

Such a beautiful day
I've been to 92' 94' 95' 08'

...fair to say I'm not welcome through the gates:straining:

Thanks for folloiwjg up
Wow! You’ve been to a few.

I saw GAS lots of times + saw him kick his bags of 14 Goals. Had a friend, who was his strapper + saw him in his Speedos at Training
View attachment 990826
Thanks for following up on the Umpire. Yes watching GAS over several years it was a joy and saw him kick 14 at the SCG. Was that where you saw him? The bloke sitting behind me at that game was a local, and barracked for Essendon, but brought his wife to the game just to watch Gary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back