Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what you want to achieve by trying to tell people to not do things they've been deprived from doing for 9 months. If someone wants to eat out every night the next week, they are now allowed to. The rules allow it and the powers at be have deemed it safe to do so. If someone wants to go shopping all weekend, then let them, the rules allow it and the powers at be have deemed it safe to do so.

It's not unreasonable to ask people to just do things as they normally would though, with a little extra caution. Like, would you normally eat out every night of the week? Or visit every shop imaginable? If not, then do you really need to go and do it?

It's not unreasonable to ask people to just do things as they normally would though, with a little extra caution. Like, would you normally eat out every night of the week? Or visit every shop imaginable? If not, then do you really need to go and do it?
there are no rules in place to disallow this, so no. if the experts say its safe to go out and eat/drink/be well, i'll be doing that just as much as i please.

there are 0 cases in my area, 0 rules to stop me from doing this, and haven't been able to for the past 9 months.

i don't need Netflix either but i've given that a hell of a run this year.

i mean honestly, small businesses and the economy are desperate for money, the government have given us the all clear and we still have people trying to tell others to not go out as much as them. just give it a rest.

Yeah how dare people be frustrated when they’ve been locked up all year and still might not be able to have a few people after everyone celebrates like we’ve won a war.
Go out with your friends. Go have a dinner. Go to the beach. You can't expect the government to just allow everything all at once. People are just complaining to complain at this point.

i'll be doing that just as much as i please.

So basically you're going to do it as much as possible, even though you wouldn't normally do so, in some kind of act of defiance or something, covered up as helping the economy, whilst telling other people to give it a rest.

Very self aware.

So basically you're going to do it as much as possible, even though you wouldn't normally do so, in some kind of act of defiance or something, covered up as helping the economy, whilst telling other people to give it a rest.

Very self aware.
are you taking the piss?

an act of defiance toward what? there are no rules around this. i'm not breaking any laws nor spreading a virus around carelessly. what exactly am i defying?

my job is serving on-premise venues and i also have my own wine to sell, you bet your ass i care about the industry.

and yes, give it a ******* rest. people want to splurge on eating out/drinking after not being able to for 9 months, its human nature. but never worry your little head i imagine after 1-2 weeks people will settle into a routine.

you expect and implore everyone to just continue tip-toeing around life, going over and above on non-existent rules and continuing to be scared?

if you want to stay home because you're scared shitless, then you do that. don't wiggle your finger around expecting everyone to be the same.

People going to the shops or the pub multiple times a week didn’t cause a second wave. Far out some of you. Stop rewriting history. People have the freedom to do some things now. The government says it is safe to do so. If someone wants to eat at a restaurant all week, who ******* cares?

A combination of a pathetically run quarantine system combined with what I believe was a time of celebrations for one religion led to large outbreaks.

It wasn’t a bunch of mates drinking at a pub or a house. Yes it might be dangerous but it wasn’t what got us in this position last time. If things are staying down in a fortnights time, we should be allowed to go visit friends in reasonable sized groups. I don’t think that is unreasonable at all. Do we have faith in the tracing system or not? End of story. If we don’t we may as well be stuck in this stage til a vaccine comes which could be 2022. That’s ******* grim.

and yes, give it a ******* rest. people want to splurge on eating out/drinking after not being able to for 9 months, its human nature. you expect and implore everyone to just continue tip-toeing around life, going over and above on non-existent rules and continuing to be scared?

if you want to stay home because you're scared shitless, then you do that. don't wiggle your finger around expecting everyone to be the same.

Where have I said any of this?

I said; do what you'd normally have done.

So how about you "give it a ******* rest".

Where have I said any of this?

I said; do what you'd normally have done.

So how about you "give it a ******* rest".
how about you stop telling people how to live their life? people who are going to eat/drink/shop more than they usually do aren't breaking any rules, so buzz off.

do you give advice to strangers about how much sugar they eat or netflix they watch too? despite their consumption being completely lawful?

how about you stop telling people how to live their life? people who are going to eat out more than they usually do aren't breaking any rules, so buzz off.

do you give advice to strangers about how much sugar they eat or netflix they watch too? despite their consumption being completely lawful?

You're literally posting in a discussion forum, complaining that someone else said something you don't like.

Maybe you've had enough internet for the day.

You're literally posting in a discussion forum, complaining that someone else said something you don't like.

Maybe you've had enough internet for the day.
Lockdown is over, your right to wave your finger at others is about to be over too.

I'll be eating out probably 3/3 nights this weekend and doing some shopping with the mrs. I imagine plenty will be in the same boat as me.

Lockdown is over, your right to wave your finger at others is about to be over too.

I'll be eating out probably 3/3 nights this weekend and doing some shopping with the mrs. I imagine plenty will be in the same boat as me.

I haven't waved my finger at anyone, funnily enough. People can do what they want. Doesn't mean I can't think they're idiots for doing so.

I'll go back to doing the things I normally would. I wouldn't normally eat out every night over the weekend or visit every shop possible, so it seems a bit pointless and stupid to do it just because of the last few months.

I'm sure rushing to Tarocash and Kmart will make up for that time in lockdown though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you read my post I said it’s not an issue for restaurants but it sure is for people wanting to go to a pub

Not sure why you are so prickly.

Anyway, I have a booking at the Harp in Kew on Thursday night. There is no limit on how long I can be there.

I haven't waved my finger at anyone, funnily enough. People can do what they want. Doesn't mean I can't think they're idiots for doing so.
You think people are idiots for making the most of social activities this weekend after being deprived of social activities for 9 months? Just lol. You clearly haven't spent enough time with human beings.

I'll go back to doing the things I normally would. I wouldn't normally eat out every night over the weekend or visit every shop possible, so it seems a bit pointless and stupid to do it just because of the last few months.
You honestly sound like Homer Simpson:

"What's the point of going out? We're just gunna wind up back here anyway".

I'm sure rushing to Tarocash and Kmart will make up for that time in lockdown though.
I never mentioned either of those businesses, nice try though.

You think people are idiots for making the most of social activities this weekend after being deprived of social activities for 9 months? Just lol. You clearly haven't spent enough time with human beings.

You honestly sound like Homer Simpson:

"What's the point of going out? We're just gunna wind up back here anyway".

I never mentioned either of those businesses, nice try though.

I see you've completely ignored everything I've said, made up your own argument to get upset about, and continued to complain that people on a discussion forum don't happen to agree with your choices.

Again, maybe you've had enough internet for the day. Go forth, you've got 9 months of shopping to catch up on, I'm sure you'll find some great summer clothes.

I'm looking forward to doing stuff again but I'm not rushing out to book everything I can right now

Just trying to organise in person catch up with a couple of mates around our families and work is proving difficult

I see you've completely ignored everything I've said, made up your own argument to get upset about, and continued to complain that people on a discussion forum don't happen to agree with your choices.
No I haven't. You're attempting to influence and lecture people to not go above and beyond their needs in regards to eating, drinking and shopping. The Government has no rules in place for people wanting to overcompensate for the past 9 months, these businesses also have COVID-safe plans for patrons. So why do you feel the need to give conflicting advice? Better yet, give me a scientific and rational breakdown of why you don't agree that this is a good idea?

More people = more money spent, what's the problem? Lay it out to me. Every half-decent restaurant is completely booked from Friday-Monday, should they be turning away patrons because they will be busier than usual? Therefore its somehow less safe?

you've got 9 months of shopping to catch up on, I'm sure you'll find some great summer clothes.
Shopping is mostly for the misso but some new threads for Summer certainly wouldn't hurt :thumbsu:

So come wear your respirator down here and try and get into the hospital as a contractor.

You'll be refused entry into the hospital until you change it for a surgical mask.

Nobody is allowed inside the hospital with anything but a surgical mask.

They have security there to ensure the nurses instructions are followed.
Screenshot_20201027-145033_Chrome.jpg

"More protective than standard surgical masks"
"N95 masks (respirators) should be used instead of surgical masks for 'frequent close contact with COVID-19 patients"

Just admit you are wrong friend.

View attachment 996490

"More protective than standard surgical masks"
"N95 masks (respirators) should be used instead of surgical masks for 'frequent close contact with COVID-19 patients"

Just admit you are wrong friend.

I'm not wrong. I'm here where the policy is implemented.

Stop reading the s**t that arse clown Government puts out would be a good start for you.

No respirators to be worn here.

The Government has no rules in place for people wanting to overcompensate for the past 9 months, these businesses also have COVID-safe plans for patrons. So why do you feel the need to give conflicting advice? Better yet, give me a scientific and rational breakdown of why you don't agree that this is a good idea?

I mean, apart from Daniel Andrews' having stated that it's still dangerous for workers to be on-site unless absolutely necessary in a number of industries, that masks would be required until at least the end of the year, that there's going to be limits on interacting indoors because of the high risk it poses, and that people need to continue to follow the rules because this process isn't finished yet.

I suppose if you ignore all that being in-line with not going overboard and instead just, doing things you would have normally done, then what I've said might be conflicting.

More people = more money spent, what's the problem? Lay it out to me. Every half-decent restaurant is completely booked from Friday-Monday, should they be turning away patrons because they will be busier than usual? Therefore its somehow less safe?

Well if they're completely booked, they are therefore turning patrons away, because the limitations imposed upon them says that it's somehow less safe than having more patrons inside.

You're attempting to influence and lecture people to not go above and beyond their needs in regards to eating, drinking and shopping.

I made a comment that I think people shouldn't overcompensate by doing things they wouldn't normally do. You're the one having a sook about someone having a different view to you.

I mean, apart from Daniel Andrews' having stated that it's still dangerous for workers to be on-site unless absolutely necessary in a number of industries, that masks would be required until at least the end of the year, that there's going to be limits on interacting indoors because of the high risk it poses, and that people need to continue to follow the rules because this process isn't finished yet.
So now you've shifted the goalposts and saying it's dangerous to go overboard when going overboard involves breaking the rules? I would agree with that. Please enlighten me as to where I encouraged any rule-breaking this weekend. Your initial stance was people shouldn't overcompensate by going out multiple times, now your stance is we need to 'continue to follow the rules'. You can still go out a few times and follow the rules.

Well if they're completely booked, they are therefore turning patrons away, because the limitations imposed upon them says that it's somehow less safe than having more patrons inside.

Once again, shifting the goalposts. Nowhere did I suggest or encourage deviating from any business' covid-safe plan. They are indeed turning people away because they're booked out, would they be booked out a week in advance on a regular weekend? Nope. So my question to you is should they reject bookings and keep business at a minimal level as desired by you? Or should they meet and respect the boundary that's been given to them and book 20 people inside and 50 people outside?

I made a comment that I think people shouldn't overcompensate by doing things they wouldn't normally do. You're the one having a sook about someone having a different view to you.

And I'm rebutting telling you that people are most certainly going to overcompensate the next few weeks - whilst following the rules. How this is a bad thing is something I'm trying to figure out.

People are going to be going on a fitness campaign after lockdown, probably increasing their days in the gym vs. previously - should they also not do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back